Pre-Trip A Deluxe Mother/Daughter Trip!

Hello all! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Donna and I've been stalking these boards for about 2 years now. I just recently started commenting on everyone's reports, so I thought it would be fun to write my own :).

WHO: Me and MOM!!! Here is us at my wedding this past September :inlove:

I moved out of state about 6 years ago so I don't get to see my family as much as I'd like and I hardly got to see anyone the weekend of the wedding, so I called my mom one day and was like "Hey, do you want to go to Disney?!" And here we are :cat:.

WHEN: May 11-15 Our first time going during Flower & Garden, really looking forward to this!

WHERE: The Contemporary! I asked my mom where she wants to stay the most.. and this is what she picked YAY! This will be our first time staying at a Deluxe. So many firsts this trip!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster

Here is the family photo from last trip- Me, DH, Mom, Niece, Sister, and Nephew

As for dining, I really wanted to shake things up this time.. the only issue is that my mom is a pretty picky eater, so certain things I ruled out. But I did get some great ones:

Thursday, May 11- Arrival Day
Dinner- Ohana @ 8:30PM!- I wasn't going to book Ohana for this trip, but when I got this time slot I couldn't pass it up. I'm so excited to eat one of my favorite meals and watch Wishes at the same time! :inlove::hungry:

Friday, May 12
Lunch- Via Napoli @ 2:10PM- I've been going to Disney for a long time and somehow have never eaten here?! :jawdrop::in pain: I know some people are not fans, and I'm originally from New Jersey, but I really wanted to give this a shot, and Mom agreed too.

Saturday, May 13
Breakfast- The Wave @9:20AM- I tried booking Kona Café for this morning, but there's been ZERO availability. But The Wave will be much more convenient and then we can go to the Poly another morning for Tonga Toast! (Another thing I have yet to try :cry:)

Sunday, May 14- Mother's Day!
Dinner- Teppan Edo @6:30PM- When initially planning this trip, this was my mom's one request. So I made sure to make it happen on Mother's Day :)

Monday, May 15- Departure Day :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I didn't make any ADR's for today, so if we want to go to a park in the morning we can or we can go to the Poly for our last morning.
Why is just thinking about the last day of the trip so Depressing??

That's it for now, counting down the days until I can book FP+'s. 133 Days til I'm HOME again!

I hope everyone had an Amazing Christmas and a Safe and Happy New Year!!:)

Last edited:

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
This sounds like so much fun! Your ADRs look great. I have never been to O'hana or Via Napoli. I am hoping to do both on my next trip. I love Tonga Toast! I hope you get to try it. I will be following along.
Thanks for following! I'm so excited to try Tonga Toast! I don't know how I've gone this long without it! O'hana is definitely one of my favorite meals in Disney and one we tend to do every trip. Can't wait!

PineapplePrincess

Sounds like so much fun! I'm in the process of planning a trip with my mom and daughter for March of 2018 and I'm really excited about it. By the way, your mom's Mother of the Bride dress is fantastic! My daughter is only 18, and doesn't have a significant other, but it's not too soon to look for a dress is it?!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Sounds like so much fun! I'm in the process of planning a trip with my mom and daughter for March of 2018 and I'm really excited about it. By the way, your mom's Mother of the Bride dress is fantastic! My daughter is only 18, and doesn't have a significant other, but it's not too soon to look for a dress is it?!

Haha it's never too soon to start looking! And my mom Loved that dress. I'm also planning a big 2018 trip with the whole family, maybe a land and sea Christmas trip.

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
Now I need cute matching shirts for me and my mom... any ideas? I usually get my Disney shirts from Redbubble.com, but I don't see anything my mom would wear lol!

MerMom1981

Thanks! Do you have any F&G tips? I know there are some food booths and the topiarys. Anything else that I must do/see?

Other than the topiaries (which were beautiful!) and the food vendors, we enjoyed the garden installations.
There was a "pizza garden" in Italy with tomatoes and herbs, a "tea garden" in UK, and a walk-thru tent that housed a butterfly garden. There were others, but those three stand out in my memory.
They even offered free tours of the tea garden.
We could've easily spent a day on just F&G!
I guess that's my tip. Plan an extra half to full day to check it all out!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Original Poster
UPDATE:

I managed to snag an ADR for breakfast at Kona Café for Monday morning!! I don't know why this one was so difficult to get, but happy I got it!
122 days to go! This is that awful period between 180 days and 100 that time seems to come to a complete halt. Trying not to check my day countdown everyday, to hopefully make it seem faster LOL. I'm still looking for mother/daughter shirts, haven't found the perfect ones yet. Oh and my mom asked me to book the Keys to the Kingdom tour! So excited for this! But every time I call there's a 45+ minute wait. Hopefully I'll have some time this week to book it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom