7DMT: E Ticket??

What "ticket" will 7DMT be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RSoxNo1

I'm saying D, it looks great but so does the exterior of Little Mermaid. It looks like it will be a fun attraction, but it's scope simple doesn't seem to be that of an E-ticket.

Having said this, this is arbitrary. On my scale, Peter Pan is a C-ticket and it has the longest wait in that park (non Princess M&G division).

dstrawn9889

I'm afraid you misunderstand what an E Ticket was and why it was used for many rides. An E Ticket wasn't about G-forces or height requirements. Rather, the entire ticket rating system including the "E" was about maintenance and facility budgets, labor use to operate the ride, and public demand to ride it.

The Enchanted Tiki Room when it opened in 1963 was an E+ and you had to buy an 85 cent ticket at the attraction entrance. It was a very expensive show to operate back then, and everyone wanted to see it. Meanwhile, in 1963, the Matterhorn the Submarines the Monorail and Mark Twain and the other E's only cost 75 cents. (That's $6.35 for one Tiki Room ticket and $5.65 for the E Tickets in todays dollars. Yes, Virginia, Disney theme parks were always expensive places, even when Walt ran the joint.)

it's a small world was most definitely an E Ticket, and still is. It's a 15 minute long (Well, at least at Disneyland. At Magic Kingdom it's 11 minutes long) ride in a large building with AA's that require a lot of maintenance, but with a very high capacity of 2,500+ riders per hour but with plenty of customer demand to still generate lines. Any businessman worth his calculator would be an idiot for not making that type of ride an E Ticket.

As for the SDMT ride? I voted it as a D Ticket if they brought the ticket system back.
negative, by todays standards and some of your own, E tickets are the low capacity, high demand rides that always have longer than average queue lines. as much as i like CoP, it is not an E, nor is mansion. Mansion i would rate a D, simply because of maintenance? No. because it is a line chewing omnimover? No, the show itself by length, the AA's, and the whole quality of show is what i base the rating on.

TP2000

negative, by todays standards and some of your own, E tickets are the low capacity, high demand rides that always have longer than average queue lines. as much as i like CoP, it is not an E, nor is mansion. Mansion i would rate a D, simply because of maintenance? No. because it is a line chewing omnimover? No, the show itself by length, the AA's, and the whole quality of show is what i base the rating on.

Carousel of Progress never required a ticket; neither at Disneyland in 1967 to 1973, nor at WDW from 1974 until tickets went away around 1983. It has always been a free show, compliments of General Electric since it was originally a giant commercial designed to get the audience to gather their belongings, exit the revolving theater to your left, and go buy General Electric toaster ovens and TV's and dishwashers.

Admittedly, 30 years after GE pulled their sponsorship (and the overt sales pitch was edited out of the show) and about 15 years after TDO stopped caring about the attraction, it's just a sad reminder of the poor management decisions made daily by the executive team working in the Team Disney Orlando building. :(

As for the Haunted Mansion being considered a middling D Ticket by 21st century audiences.... Wow. Just, wow. How this younger generation interacts with the world around them will never cease to amaze me!

jt04

It is definitely an E Ticket for the intended audience. Same with Mermaid if they had of included laser guns. o_O

Disneyfanman

I'm afraid you misunderstand what an E Ticket was and why it was used for many rides. An E Ticket wasn't about G-forces or height requirements. Rather, the entire ticket rating system including the "E" was about maintenance and facility budgets, labor use to operate the ride, and public demand to ride it.

The Enchanted Tiki Room when it opened in 1963 was an E+ and you had to buy an 85 cent ticket at the attraction entrance. It was a very expensive show to operate back then, and everyone wanted to see it. Meanwhile, in 1963, the Matterhorn the Submarines the Monorail and Mark Twain and the other E's only cost 75 cents. (That's $6.35 for one Tiki Room ticket and $5.65 for the E Tickets in todays dollars. Yes, Virginia, Disney theme parks were always expensive places, even when Walt ran the joint.)

it's a small world was most definitely an E Ticket, and still is. It's a 15 minute long (Well, at least at Disneyland. At Magic Kingdom it's 11 minutes long) ride in a large building with AA's that require a lot of maintenance, but with a very high capacity of 2,500+ riders per hour but with plenty of customer demand to still generate lines. Any businessman worth his calculator would be an idiot for not making that type of ride an E Ticket.

As for the SDMT ride? I voted it as a D Ticket if they brought the ticket system back.

Ok, maybe, but that isn't what it means today. It's about scope, detail, and providing an experience that is among the best in class. SDMT doesn't seem to fit. D ticket here.

CheekBoys

What would make you think I was being sarcastic? Name me the attractions that has the same level of detail.

Exterior - Everest, splash, tower, maybe mermaid
Ride vehicles - Everest, ?
Animatronics - ?
Queue - mermaid, Everest, Kali? Tower? Star tours?
I would say animatronics on pirates, dinosaur, and mermaid are all on about the same level or in some cases better than the 7DMT animtronics.

Sevier

I would say animatronics on pirates, dinosaur, and mermaid are all on about the same level or in some cases better than the 7DMT animtronics.

I agree that there are definitely animatronics that rival and surpass the dwarfs--yeti, potato head, ursula, hopper, etc.--but I'm not sure anything will match when the whole attractions are compared.

FutureWorld1982

What would make you think I was being sarcastic? Name me the attractions that has the same level of detail.

Exterior - Everest, splash, tower, maybe mermaid
Ride vehicles - Everest, ?
Animatronics - ?
Queue - mermaid, Everest, Kali? Tower? Star tours?

I agree with you on this, but I still don't consider it an E-ticket due to its duration (even though Expedition Everest is not too long either, but it is a major coaster).

BrianLo

I think perhaps the best comparator comes from Tokyo DisneySea. 20k leagues under the sea is considered a D-ticket (especially when it has Journey to the Centre of the Earth sitting on top of it).

That said, 20k in Tokyo is highly immersive, very detailed, under-rated, and a pretty great attraction, but it's still a D. SDMT is basically going to be in the same category. Honey Hunt is another good example of a really great D-ticket.

It will be a signature/solid D mind you (which is not a bad thing). Perhaps we can call it a D+.

Fantasyland is one of the examples I think that it's ok if it doesn't have a signature E, but just a ton of B, C and D's that collectively provide a really great experience. Unfortunately Disneyland is still a step ahead of MK in this regard. New Fantasyland didn't need an E-ticket, it just needed mermaid to be less disappointing and had a third D-ticket for beauty and the beast.

Sevier

I think perhaps the best comparator comes from Tokyo DisneySea. 20k leagues under the sea is considered a D-ticket (especially when it has Journey to the Centre of the Earth sitting on top of it).

That said, 20k in Tokyo is highly immersive, very detailed, under-rated, and a pretty great attraction, but it's still a D. SDMT is basically going to be in the same category. Honey Hunt is another good example of a really great D-ticket.

It will be a signature/solid D mind you (which is not a bad thing). Perhaps we can call it a D+.

Fantasyland is one of the examples I think that it's ok if it doesn't have a signature E, but just a ton of B, C and D's that collectively provide a really great experience. Unfortunately Disneyland is still a step ahead of MK in this regard. New Fantasyland didn't need an E-ticket, it just needed mermaid to be less disappointing and had a third D-ticket for beauty and the beast.

For NFL, you also have to consider that for its target audience, there is substance and immersion at every turn. Everything from the pooh queue, fairytale hall, be our guest, gaston's, Casey jr, dumbo queue playground, Ariel's grotto, mermaid/dwarf interactive queue, ride and building exteriors, belle's cottage special effects and interaction, etc.

NFL gets a bad rap here for not appealing enough to adults, but as far as the substance argument, it just doesn't hold any water for me. I think it pretty much hits the mark for what it was intended to do, which was to solve the "littlest guests, longest lines, shortest experiences" problem.

lazyboy97o

For NFL, you also have to consider that for its target audience, there is substance and immersion at every turn. Everything from the pooh queue, fairytale hall, be our guest, gaston's, Casey jr, dumbo queue playground, Ariel's grotto, mermaid/dwarf interactive queue, ride and building exteriors, belle's cottage special effects and interaction, etc.

NFL gets a bad rap here for not appealing enough to adults, but as far as the substance argument, it just doesn't hold any water for me. I think it pretty much hits the mark for what it was intended to do, which was to solve the "littlest guests, longest lines, shortest experiences" problem.
The project was intended to increase park capacity without being too much of a draw itself. It was not about fixing a non-exist lack of things for young children.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom