7DMT: E Ticket??

What "ticket" will 7DMT be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dstrawn9889

IASW was an E-Ticket. So was 20,000 Leagues, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Hall of Presidents, and Country Bears.

D Ticket is my vote
maybe when it opened, but by todays' standards? i would rate E tix as SM, BTMRR, POTC, SM, M:S, TT, Soarin', RnR, ToT, SWv2, EE, KS, Dino

Mawg

I believe ticket system it closely tied to a monetary amount someone would be willing to pay to ride and still keep demand for the attraction high. Without a cost associated to rides anymore since the ticket system is gone, I attribute the ticket mentality to how much of ones time they are willing to wait for a ride or demand in the case of high throughput. For at least the first year I believe this will be an E ticket. After a year if demand stays high then I'll continue to think of it as one.

space42

I believe ticket system it closely tied to a monetary amount someone would be willing to pay to ride and still keep demand for the attraction high. Without a cost associated to rides anymore since the ticket system is gone, I attribute the ticket mentality to how much of ones time they are willing to wait for a ride or demand in the case of high throughput. For at least the first year I believe this will be an E ticket. After a year if demand stays high then I'll continue to think of it as one.

The original system was designed to offset the cost of construction. Typically, the larger price tag produced the more impressive attractions. But these days it costs Disney more to build a C-Ticket dark ride (Mermaid) than it did years ago to build truly groundbreaking attractions

JohnD

I say "E" ticket. I don't look at it from the standpoint of a thrill ride. It certainly isn't a Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. But it's more of a Splash Mountain or Pirates with theming (animatronics) and more thrill elements thrown in.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I voted for "Not Worthy of a Title" based on the experience I have had on this so-called "ride". When I was at WDW, this "ride" (notice the quotes) was so badly constructed and themed, it didn't look like a mine at all! It looked like a freaking construction zone! The tracks didn't even fully connect with each other, leading to what would have been a really bumpy ride if I'd tried to ride it! The rockwork seemed slapped up there so quickly, it almost looked like they hadn't even finished the ride yet! Not to mention, the fact that I couldn't even find an entrance between all the fences, that looked more like walls than they did the kind of highly themed environments I'd expect from a world-class establishment like Disney.

And don't even get me started on this supposed "Avatar" land! Like an empty field is supposed to make me think I'm on Pandora...

ctxak98

I voted that it's a D ticket. The rides look and visuals so far seem great and it looks really fun! Only thing making it a D instead of an E is the ride length! From what we've seen and what we know, it's going to be pretty short! But it's really on he borderline! So close to an E ticket!

ASilmser

I voted for "Not Worthy of a Title" based on the experience I have had on this so-called "ride". When I was at WDW, this "ride" (notice the quotes) was so badly constructed and themed, it didn't look like a mine at all! It looked like a freaking construction zone! The tracks didn't even fully connect with each other, leading to what would have been a really bumpy ride if I'd tried to ride it! The rockwork seemed slapped up there so quickly, it almost looked like they hadn't even finished the ride yet! Not to mention, the fact that I couldn't even find an entrance between all the fences, that looked more like walls than they did the kind of highly themed environments I'd expect from a world-class establishment like Disney.

And don't even get me started on this supposed "Avatar" land! Like an empty field is supposed to make me think I'm on Pandora...

There is so much negativity on these boards. I love Disney more than you, so I will prove it by defending them and loving all that they do, except when I have a problem with them. However, When I point out the flaws, it will be in an objective and constructive manner, and therefore my complaints will be more legit than yours!

(Sarcasm ends now):

Your post made me laugh because for a few brief seconds I thought you were serious!

All this talk about E-tickets is sooooo subjective that it almost makes it worthless to discuss, but my reasons for voting D are:

Not on the scale (both budget, scope and size) of Everest, which is arguably the latest E-ticket attraction, but will probably be loved and adored by both kids and adults.

Not groundbreaking, but a very good use of newer technology and immersive theming (This assertion is based on conjecture, rumor and partial information, so I will have to wait to deliver final judgement).

Of course, as times change, so does the public perception of an attraction (Heck, the freakin' Tiki Room and Small World were actually Disneyland E-tickets at one time!). My guess is that this attraction will remain pretty popular throughout its history, but will level off at the "D" level.

Last edited:

Rose&Crowner

I like to refer to what your explaining as "popularity," it determines things.

Macca250

I voted D, but to be honest I think it's a close call - considering the theming, the AAs (which look promising) and the fact it'll be the fastest moving ride in Fantasyland, I'll happily amend that to an E if I'm pleasantly surprised once I've ridden it.... When it finally opens o_O

TP2000

maybe when it opened, but by todays' standards? i would rate E tix as SM, BTMRR, POTC, SM, M:S, TT, Soarin', RnR, ToT, SWv2, EE, KS, Dino

I'm afraid you misunderstand what an E Ticket was and why it was used for many rides. An E Ticket wasn't about G-forces or height requirements. Rather, the entire ticket rating system including the "E" was about maintenance and facility budgets, labor use to operate the ride, and public demand to ride it.

The Enchanted Tiki Room when it opened in 1963 was an E+ and you had to buy an 85 cent ticket at the attraction entrance. It was a very expensive show to operate back then, and everyone wanted to see it. Meanwhile, in 1963, the Matterhorn the Submarines the Monorail and Mark Twain and the other E's only cost 75 cents. (That's $6.35 for one Tiki Room ticket and $5.65 for the E Tickets in todays dollars. Yes, Virginia, Disney theme parks were always expensive places, even when Walt ran the joint.)

it's a small world was most definitely an E Ticket, and still is. It's a 15 minute long (Well, at least at Disneyland. At Magic Kingdom it's 11 minutes long) ride in a large building with AA's that require a lot of maintenance, but with a very high capacity of 2,500+ riders per hour but with plenty of customer demand to still generate lines. Any businessman worth his calculator would be an idiot for not making that type of ride an E Ticket.

As for the SDMT ride? I voted it as a D Ticket if they brought the ticket system back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom