7 x 7 album

eagles

lol

i did not take your dory comment at all as bashing. i actually laughed at it.

i have heard no bashing here at all. i really did not mean it like that. i was just a bit worried that i did not know where everything is and what everything is called.

i will admit when i enter mk i got straight in, and then i go straight out. shame on me. but this trip we are doing a more relaxed visit and i am going to try to take more things in.

Disneyfalcon

Yea, hugs all around!!:sohappy::lol:

Your last comment is funny eagles because I was talking to dh about something similar a week or so ago.

We have been to DL many many times. We've been when it was so packed we could hardly move, we've been when it felt like there were only three families in the park. We take our time at DL. We let the kids stop and trade pins at will. We have been in every store. We've seen every attraction major, minor, and incredibly minor. If a lines too long, we save it for another day. We don't rush anywhere, we enjoy it.

When we go to WDW we just can't do it!! We rush rush rush! This time we slept in a couple of days, and we planned some time off from the parks which was fun - but when we were at a park we rushed rushed rushed!! The kids were driving us crazy when we were on our way somewhere and all 7 of them lined up to trade pins with the same person!!! We didn't stop for pictures with Mickey because we were on our way somewhere! Rush rush rush!!

I'm sure it's because we don't make it to WDW nearly as often. We probably need two full days at every park (plus rest days and afternoons :D how many days is that?) to go at a relaxing - see everything kind of speed.

But I told dh that's our goal next time. To relax, take it all in, and NOT rush!!

Coree

Original Poster
At this point, we're much more relaxers at WDW. We've been there enough times that there are very few things that make us feel like our trip would just be incomplete if we don't do them. We just wander at will and do what we want to do. I'm not sure how well we'd handle overly planned Disney trips any more--we just like to go at our own place and enjoy what we feel like doing at any given moment.

mouselvrmom

WE kind of do both. We rush out of the room in the morning, but once we get to the park, we try to relax and see what we want to.

Coree

Original Poster
Okay, here's DH's first attempt at digital scrapbooking. :)

VicEPCOTcopy.jpg

Coree

Original Poster
And my work for the evening . . . especially for those who have never been in Town Square Exposition Hall ;)

Expo_Hallcopy.jpg

eagles

coree expiditiona hall page is so cute.

but do me a favor and try to go grayscale or remove color from the pic in the lower left corner. i am wondering how that would look, with the whole pic in black and white.

i wished i had know about that when we went in april. my son watched the disney cartoons at the hotel room, and he fell in love with the black and white cartoons, he would not stop laughing, and everytime we were in the room he had to put them on, and watch them over and over. we bought him the cd for christmas.

but if i can get a decent pic of it in dec, maybe i can try to add him to the pic.

good first try on a scrapbook page, mr coree! but i think the green stands out too much, try to balance it. i really like the color, so i would not get rid of it, but i would try to have a balance on the opposite side. or not.....hehehehe

mouselvrmom

Coree, your hubby did a good job on his first try! :sohappy:

I really like your exposition hall page. I am really going to have to visit there on our next trip. :)

Coree

Original Poster
coree expiditiona hall page is so cute.

but do me a favor and try to go grayscale or remove color from the pic in the lower left corner. i am wondering how that would look, with the whole pic in black and white.

Expo_Hall_bw_copy.jpg

good first try on a scrapbook page, mr coree! but i think the green stands out too much, try to balance it. i really like the color, so i would not get rid of it, but i would try to have a balance on the opposite side. or not.....hehehehe

eagles, do you know if there's a way to create that same green effect but with a different color? He made it with the radioactive inner glow layer style and there aren't any other bright colors to choose from. Any help would be appreciated. :)

eagles

well i see what you used for the green glow.

i doubt there is a way of changing that particular color with that particular effect. not to say there isn't a way, but i really don't know how.

i tried to get the same effect though. what i came up with is this.

select a color
use your rectangle tool and set the feather to what ever, 5 or 10 (play) and
make your rectangle and use the paint bucket click inside the rectangle and that should fill in the regtangl with a feathered outside.

do another smaller rectangle inside the bigger one (make sure the feather has a number) and hit delete.

you can do this a couple of times to get the border you want.

oh make sure you do a new layer above the image when you fill in the rectangles. using layers for every step will help out in the long run.

i am still playing with a glow effect though.

eagles

anything with the radiotive will produce green

the fire one will produce the red and orange.

sorry, but that is all i can think of to try.

play with the rectangle/feather/and deletes and i hope that you can come up with something

i will keep playing though, as i like to do that. LOL

eagles

i was playing around and you might want to try playing with the hue/saturation also, that might get the effect with a different color.

SewIn2Disney

This is probably a really stupid question, but what program are you using?
Is it photoshop? The whole Digital Scrapbooking is starting to intriege me. It looks cheap, somewhat easy, and something I can do wherever I bring my laptop.

Coree

Original Poster
This is probably a really stupid question, but what program are you using?
Is it photoshop? The whole Digital Scrapbooking is starting to intriege me. It looks cheap, somewhat easy, and something I can do wherever I bring my laptop.

I'm using an old version of Photoshop Elements (3.0). I think it's on version 5.0 now.

eagles

i use elements 4.0

i did the trial 5.0 and like that also, but did not work with it enough to see a big difference between the 4.0 and 5.0

there is a free download gimp, i have heard very good things about that program. i keep telling myself to try it but i haven't yet. so i can't say anything from personal experience.

coree and i are using adobe elements
wdwfigment i think uses photoshop cs2 or 3 (there might be someone else that uses it also) this program is very expensive, $600 or more.

elements was under $100 for me, and i get offers yearly to buy cs2 or 3 for $299 but i never have the money when they offer me this special or i would jump on it.

i would recommend getting a program. i only got the program in the beginning to enhance my photos and to make them look better than the stores could print them. then i got playing and started photo manipulations, then i started digi scrapbooking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom