7 x 7 album

Coree

Original Poster
Okay, so as many of you know, I started dabbling a little bit in the digital scrapbooking realm, though my preference is definitely still traditional. However, I was thinking about how I could continue to do traditional for my own albums, but still have a good excuse to learn more digital too. So yesterday I decided to create a little 7x7 album for my DD (2 years old) of her first Disney trip to start getting her excited for our upcoming trip next month. She loves looking at my scrapbooks, but isn't allowed to touch them for fear of tearing off embellishments, etc. By going digital on hers, if she ruins a layout I can just print a new one, and with 7x7 I can print the pages on my own printer.

So anyway, I created the first page last night and thought I'd post them here as I finish them to get your feedback and suggestions. I've invested so much money in traditional, I"ve promised myself that I'll only use digital elements I can find for free. This one is pretty basic, but really, DD is mostly going to be looking at the photos anyway. :)

Mickey_Annacopy.jpg

mouselvrmom

That's so cute, Coree!

So do you use 7x7 photo paper to print out your pages? I guess I'm not really sure how printing digital pages works. Or do you use regular size photo paper and trim it down? Then, do you still use page protectors?

I think it's a really neat idea for your daughter! :)

Coree

Original Poster
That's so cute, Coree!

So do you use 7x7 photo paper to print out your pages? I guess I'm not really sure how printing digital pages works. Or do you use regular size photo paper and trim it down? Then, do you still use page protectors?

I think it's a really neat idea for your daughter! :)

I just printed it on regular 8-1/2 x 11 photo paper and trimmed it down. The page protectors is a good question and I was going to ask if anyone here is a Creative Memories person. The album I have is a Creative Memories Mickey album that I got for Christmas a couple of years ago. I've never used a CM album and it totally threw me for a loop. Do you just use adhesive to stick your page to the album page? If so, then is there no page protectors or are those sold separately? (The album didn't come with any.)

Coree

Original Poster
I didn't even know they made 7X7 albums.
I thought they were all 6X6, 8X8, and 12X12.

Very nice layout Coree!

I didn't either. In fact, I assumed it was 8x8 and printed it the first time at that size. Then when I got the album out to put the page in I realized it was 7x7 and had to reprint it.

Thanks!

eagles

coree, that is such a wonderful idea!

maybe you could buy some of those self lamenating papers and do it yourself.

i love your idea and your layout. more, more.

i think i may steal the idea for my granddaughters first trip in december.

Coree

Original Poster
Thanks, eagles. I'll have more in a couple of days. Tonight I'm doing some traditional scrapping for my own albums (and the challenge I hope) so I won't get other pages finished, but hopefully tomorrow night I can work on another one.

mouselvrmom

I just printed it on regular 8-1/2 x 11 photo paper and trimmed it down. The page protectors is a good question and I was going to ask if anyone here is a Creative Memories person. The album I have is a Creative Memories Mickey album that I got for Christmas a couple of years ago. I've never used a CM album and it totally threw me for a loop. Do you just use adhesive to stick your page to the album page? If so, then is there no page protectors or are those sold separately? (The album didn't come with any.)

Yes, 7x7 is creative memories specialty album size. I use their 12x12 books. If I use a whole sheet as my background I just glue it onto their page. Then, you have to buy the page protector separately. I think if you are using photo paper, then you would probably want page protectors because otherwise the paper might get smudgy, and I found out the hard way when I was low on protectors that if you have photo paper facing photo paper that you printed yourself, they will stick to each other, which makes a mess.

Coree

Original Poster
Yes, 7x7 is creative memories specialty album size. I use their 12x12 books. If I use a whole sheet as my background I just glue it onto their page. Then, you have to buy the page protector separately. I think if you are using photo paper, then you would probably want page protectors because otherwise the paper might get smudgy, and I found out the hard way when I was low on protectors that if you have photo paper facing photo paper that you printed yourself, they will stick to each other, which makes a mess.

I actually just ran down the hall to ask my CM consultant (who works with me) about the page protectors. She has them in stock so I was just trying to decide whether I needed them or not. Your point about them sticky together is excellent, so I'm thinking I'll probably buy a set. Thanks!

mouselvrmom

I actually just ran down the hall to ask my CM consultant (who works with me) about the page protectors. She has them in stock so I was just trying to decide whether I needed them or not. Your point about them sticky together is excellent, so I'm thinking I'll probably buy a set. Thanks!

Good thinking! Especially since your little one will be the one looking through it the most. My little ones are always touching the pictures with their fingers, so I'm always happy that I used page protectors. :lol:

Disneyfalcon

Coree that's a great idea!! I used the CM 7x7 album for my Disney autograph album that I posted somewhere around here.

I did buy the page protectors. In fact I have too many if you need some more!:) They're pretty cheap and worth it.

I did what Jenn said, I cut my pages to 7x7 and attached them to the CM page. Then the page protector slides over the top.

Coree

Original Poster
Well, I finally got a pack of page protectors today, so I thought I needed another page for the book too. :)

Donald_Annacopy.jpg

Coree

Original Poster
Thanks, Tammy. I had taken a photo of just the tree in the playground when it was closed during a storm and decided to use that as my background paper. I was happy with the way it worked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom