1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

25th Anniversary Trip Report

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris' started by Animaniac93-98, Apr 1, 2017.

1. AndyS2992

AndyS2992 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. Food at Disneyland is so expensive and over priced that we really had no other choice but go to McDonald's at Disney Village every day lol I don't care how hungry I am, I ain't paying those Disney prices.

2. douglasrickard

douglasrickard New Member

Great reports! Does the Premium Meal Plan voucher cover the whole cost of a dinner at Walt's? Is that what you did?

3. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member Original Poster

There's a 3-course menu you order from with the Premium meal plan, with choices for each part. I don't think it includes a drink (alcoholic or not).

I was on the Standard meal plan and paid the difference for another set menu.

douglasrickard likes this.
  4. Songbird76

Songbird76 Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere you would suggest we DON'T eat? We are headed there in October and my son is a really picky eater. Our package includes a lunch or dinner at a buffet or similar restaurant for each night. The menus online don't actually tell you about the food so I was watching youtube walkthroughs, but it's hard to see what everything is.

5. Songbird76

Go through the UK disney site....you get better deals.

Figments Friend likes this.
  6. Songbird76

If I remember correctly, the tea cups are scheduled for refurbishment in like...September? I was looking at the closing list for when we're there and I think that was one that was going to be closed.

7. AndyS2992

AndyS2992 Well-Known Member

The Tea cups are not scheduled for a refurb until April 2018 and will stay closed through to June. Quite a while away yet.
    http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

Songbird76 likes this.
  8. Songbird76

Is it really super busy during fall break? I live in the Netherlands and our kids have break the 3rd weekend in October, so that's when we're going.

9. Songbird76

Are you allowed to bring your own food into the parks? I know you can in WDW, but in the Netherlands, parks and museums all forbid outside food and I think it's pretty much the same throughout Europe, so I was wondering about the Disney parks. We're driving, so we'll be able to bring all the food we want in the car and not have to worry about weight limits for luggage or space concerns. 4 days we'll be able to pack all our clothes into one bag, so we'll have room for food. But if it's not allowed, I won't bother.

10. Songbird76

Oh you're right. I knew I had seen it on the schedule, but I thought it was while I was going to be there. That's not one I care about...I'm happy that it looks like the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Phantom Manor will both be open when we go. I panicked a bit when I saw that Phantom Manor was scheduled to be closed, but then I saw it said Starting in January 2018 and Pirates is supposed to open back up in July. Those are 2 of my favorites.

AndyS2992 likes this.
  11. Animaniac93-98

Picky eaters should be fine at any of the buffets, since there's lots to choose from. There's a bit of everything (meat, fish, pasta etc) and a seperate spot for "kids food".

douglasrickard likes this.
  12. dave&di

dave&di Well-Known Member

We were there for the 25th celebrations, you are allowed to take your own food in.

Songbird76 likes this.
  13. GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic Well-Known Member

@Animaniac93-98 is Phantom Manor in really bad shape? Bad enough to warrant putting off a trip until after its 2018 refurb?

14. BrianLo

BrianLo Well-Known Member

I'm not enough of a Phantom Manor groupie to know, but nothing struck me as blantantly broken. Nothing was static. So no, wouldn't make sense to hold off for that. I figure the anniversaries and post rehab is the best the place will be with the potential for things to start back sliding the further out from the major refurbs.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  15. Animaniac93-98

Nothing's broken or absent, it's just not as smooth or modern as I'd like it. I'm not big on the rear-projected Leota, or the fact that some rooms are too dark too see much of their detail, even if your eyes have adjusted to the reduced lighting.

I'm thinking of going back for November 2018 anyway, which will give me a chance to see Pirates, SM, Phantom Manor (and apparently) the teacups post refurb. Xmas at DLP is something worth seeing IMO.

GiveMeTheMusic likes this.
  16. Animaniac93-98

I did have an amazing experience with PM on the last night of my trip. I waited on the front porch to see if I could be among the last to enter the attraction for the day. When the CM found out, he closed the doors behind him, leaving just myself and him in the foyer. As I made my way through, I found all other guests had been cleared out, so I had the whole thing to myself. It's actually shocking how much clearer it is to hear all the sound FX and music cues when there's no one else in there. I also had the chance to briefly chat with the closing CMs about the ride and that was nice too. While I still don't like PM as much as WDW's Mansion, that ride through was probably one of the best things thats ever happened to me at a Disney theme park. :)

It also would have been a good time to record the whole thing, but I'm no @marni1971

17. douglasrickard

I love The Haunted Mansion so much more than PM. I would have liked to have lingered and looked at those portraits in the hall of PM a little longer last time, but we were in the front of the group. I can imagine it must have been really atmospheric if not creepy being the only guest.

18. Sir_Cliff

Sir_Cliff Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great trip report!

I am thinking of booking a few nights at the Cheyenne next month, so I was just wondering if the refurbishments of the rooms seem more or less finished at this point? I stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe after it was refurbished and found the quality of the rooms very good, so I'd be happy for something similar at Cheyenne. Also stayed at the Sequoia last year and really liked it a lot, but would like to try somewhere different. The other realistic option in terms of cost is Hotel New York, but my impression is that it is on the verge of a refurbishment so probably one of the more worn down hotels right now.

Any advice or thoughts you (or anyone) can offer will be gratefully received! :)

19. douglasrickard

I think I'd heard they were in the middle of refurbishing the Cheyenne now and that some rooms are finished and you can book them? (I'm staying in the Santa Fe this September!)

20. Songbird76

I booked my DLP trip for October about 2 weeks ago and I originally wanted to stay in the Cheyenne (being from Wyoming originally) but I had a problem that it would not give me the deal for the Cheyenne because it was listed as being refurbished. It said things were still open, but it wouldn't give me the package deal for that hotel. So we were staying at the Sequoia instead. It did LIST the Cheyenne, but it was more expensive than the Sequoia because it wouldn't apply the discount there...no idea why. I'd check out what deals they have on the UK site, though...they seem to be better deals than the US site.