25th Anniversary Trip Report

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Bear in mind that Halloween week is Fall break in many countries so the parks are much more crowded. If you only want to experience the Halloween decorations, go in early October - the weather will be warmer and school holidays won't have started.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
This was a homemade souvenir I prepared before I left, with the intent of having the characters sign it when I arrived:

IMG_0141_zpsz7h0hnj5.jpg

It's been a little squished and crumpled from the trip, but I received a number of compliments from cast and guests. I really like how it turned out and it means more to me because I created it myself from coloured pencil, marker and pen. The Phantom Manor sticker is from a shirt I bought. The logo on the bottom right is based on the one for the 5th Aniversary and the lettering in the middle comes from the original "fun map" you see in City Hall.

Den Carter

Terrific shots, exspecially the Castle!
Lighting is just right, from a good angle, and NO people !

Beautiful!
:)

-
I'd say that even on the busiest days when the park is nearing capacity and wait times are huge, DLP doesn't feel as crowded as WDW or DLR. Something to do with the spacious design of the park. Makes it much easier to get good photos, I reckon!

Den Carter

I think this thread really sums up the love that TWDC are pouring into DLP right now. @Animaniac93-98 has captured the improvements really well. But also the fact there's still a way to go! The recent €2.1bn investment announcement reassures us the improvements will continue.

As someone who visits WDW every 2-3 years, I've seen modest change over a decade, but nothing really monumental. At DLP, on the other hand, I have an annual pass and visit once a month. The degree of change I've seen in one year is incredible. When regular visitors like me notice the difference it highlights the rapid rate of change. I'm really optimistic!

Figments Friend

I'd say that even on the busiest days when the park is nearing capacity and wait times are huge, DLP doesn't feel as crowded as WDW or DLR. Something to do with the spacious design of the park. Makes it much easier to get good photos, I reckon!

I do get that impression when I watch the various 'walk through the Park' videos on YouTube.
There are a couple that are quite well done, and give me a real sense of what the areas are like as a whole.
I did notice the wider walkways and expansive areas around the Castle and elsewhere, which must definitely help create a more spacious feeling.

With the continued reinvestments and improvements being done and still coming, it has me feeling the next couple of years will be a great time to visit.Looks like a picked a good time to start thinking about it myself!
:)

-

Kman101

Bear in mind that Halloween week is Fall break in many countries so the parks are much more crowded. If you only want to experience the Halloween decorations, go in early October - the weather will be warmer and school holidays won't have started.

Great tip, thank you. Was planning pretty early October so I picked well. I try to avoid actual holidays at any park, LOL.

Kman101

This was a homemade souvenir I prepared before I left, with the intent of having the characters sign it when I arrived:

IMG_0141_zpsz7h0hnj5.jpg

It's been a little squished and crumpled from the trip, but I received a number of compliments from cast and guests. I really like how it turned out and it means more to me because I created it myself from coloured pencil, marker and pen. The Phantom Manor sticker is from a shirt I bought. The logo on the bottom right is based on the one for the 5th Aniversary and the lettering in the middle comes from the original "fun map" you see in City Hall.

Very cool! I don't meet the characters in the US parks, don't really feel all that compelled but I actually might when I hit Disneyland Paris (and in a few years Tokyo/Shanghai/Hong Kong). If I can swing it, they're certainly not my priority but if I can I might.

Great pictures too! Really getting me excited ... and the iPod/iPhone's take really good pictures, it's surprising how good they end up turning out. I never carry a camera anymore, even when I want to. But I will take one with me anyway.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
This is an odd question and I'm not even sure if @marni1971 can answer it, but for the Oz scene in the canal boat ride, is the music cue the same as it was for the Electrical Parade float? It sounds like it might be, I have no way of knowing this beyond the knowledge that it doesn't come from the Return to Oz movie soundtrack.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
The biggest negative of the parks right now is the smoking by guests. As much as there are now designated areas, and you can't smoke anywhere indoors, outside people do so wherever they want, even in queues or crowds. There needs to be a better crack down on this as waiting for/watching parades and fireworks can be unpleasant for this reason.

There was a lot more vaping this time, but I don't care to have that smoke blown in my face either. People also really don't think the smoking rules apply to vaping, or that it counts as "smoking".

AndyS2992

The biggest negative of the parks right now is the smoking by guests. As much as there are now designated areas, and you can't smoke anywhere indoors, outside people do so wherever they want, even in queues or crowds. There needs to be a better crack down on this as waiting for/watching parades and fireworks can be unpleasant for this reason.

There was a lot more vaping this time, but I don't care to have that smoke blown in my face either. People also really don't think the smoking rules apply to vaping, or that it counts as "smoking".
It's the ones that are openly smoking something other than tobacco that infuriate me the most and no one does anything about it.

Kman101

I do think something should be done but if you put yourself in the shoes of castmembers, why would you say anything? I imagine most guests would argue back and still do what they want to do. Not at all right in either situation but I can kind of understand them not enforcing it. It seems like a no win situation.

felipenor

I don't know if it's something related to Europe but I noticed a complete disrespect for rules in DLP. People smoke everywhere! People use selfie sticks everywhere even though you read signs all around that it's not allowed. Some guests were eating chips on the Riverboat. One cast member approached them and politely said no eating on the rides. The guests got really rude and started talking back to the CM, instead of just putting the chips away. I was quite astonished by all of this.

dave&di

IMG_0294.JPG

That's so funny, I'm there now and this is lunch, been here since yesterday afternoon, it's so busy lines are long for all snack carts and then the 'snacks' aren't worth queuing for. We had to exit the park and go to Disney Village, last night my cousin queued half an hour for a cup of tea! This morning the park opened at 8am for the special celebrations but everything not in Main St was closed, it wasn't until 10am until some parts of the parks even opened! We were starving as we had no breakfast as we couldn't find an eatery in Disney Village open before the 8am opening. I've gone back to the hotel for a rest and 'lunch'!
One of my biggest issues with DLP was the food options. Was there last January, the parks were crowded as others have mentioned before (with wait lines up to 100 minutes) and most of the food carts were "closed." Ice cream shop closed, many restaurants closed. Do Europeans not eat? And this being in France I expected a lot of nice food on the few carts or stands that were open. Instead it was basically just popcorn and chips. Do you expect fancy French desserts? Well, here you get Haribo re-packaged candy and Nutella Go. That was rather disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom