2016 Lawsuits against Disney

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If they were making nachos...where did they get the chips?

They bring those themselves - I suggest reading some of the 'Disney on a Budget' websites for other slimy guest tricks and suggestions on how to scam 'free' stuff out of Disney. This is the same crew who would be getting 'free' soda from the resort fountains with their own mugs.

Now I have a couple of the early 'Lifetime' mugs, But every Disney mug since at least 2000 has said on the side "This mug valid for refills for the length of stay at the resort where purchased" But you would see people filling gallon jugs with soda or those giant Hess mugs. Disney finally had to deploy the 'Rapid Fill' system to stop that abuse.

I use my collection of DIsney mugs for coffee/cold beverages in the workshop/car and outdoors because they are practically indestructable.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
They bring those themselves - I suggest reading some of the 'Disney on a Budget' websites for other slimy guest tricks and suggestions on how to scam 'free' stuff out of Disney. This is the same crew who would be getting 'free' soda from the resort fountains with their own mugs.

Now I have a couple of the early 'Lifetime' mugs, But every Disney mug since at least 2000 has said on the side "This mug valid for refills for the length of stay at the resort where purchased" But you would see people filling gallon jugs with soda or those giant Hess mugs. Disney finally had to deploy the 'Rapid Fill' system to stop that abuse.

I dont see a loss on Soda being that big on an abuse. It distracts them from the rising fees everywhere else....

Goofyernmost

I dont see a loss on Soda being that big on an abuse. It distracts them from the rising fees everywhere else....
If you happen to be the person that just paid big bucks to buy a fountain drink, sitting there watching deadbeats fill up gallon jugs or even expired mugs makes you feel like a chump. One of two things is going to happen. That person, tired of being a chump, is going to do the same thing or lose the desire to be in the area at all. That's far more expensive then just looking at it as a cup of free soda.

Dave, when you take a picture to sell, do you throw in all the others that you have taken the time to shoot anyway, because it's really no great loss to you. Why? Wouldn't you have already spent the time anyway? You wouldn't be any poorer by giving them to make nice gesture. No, and the reason is that you do what you do to make money, not to provide goods or services to those that feel that it really isn't costing you that much so you should give them the left overs. Come-on, be generous. ;):greedy:

NowInc

The majority of these won't get past Mediation (if they even get that far). Typically these are all high hopes claims full of wishes that Disney will just settle to make them go away. The reality is, it costs Disney LESS to mediate than to settle in the long run. They have lawyers on staff, as opposed to the claimants whom have to hire attorneys (some of which may work on contingency) that charge per hour. Disney knows this and before long the cost of the lawsuit (for both the plaintiff as well as their representation) will outweigh the hopes of compensation (the risk gets too high), and they case ends up getting dropped.

The only cases that typically go PAST mediation involve deaths (the pool drowning case at Pop a few years ago for example), and thus considerable damages are on the table. Other types that go further include SEVERE injury, discrimination (which is hard to prove), and sexual harassment (but usually those are handled internally).

The "Loss of quality of life" argument is overused in slip and fall cases all over, you'd be disgusted over how its abused in 90% of the cases I have had to work on.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
The majority of these won't get past Mediation (if they even get that far). Typically these are all high hopes claims full of wishes that Disney will just settle to make them go away. The reality is, it costs Disney LESS to mediate than to settle in the long run. They have lawyers on staff, as opposed to the claimants whom have to hire attorneys (some of which may work on contingency) that charge per hour. Disney knows this and before long the cost of the lawsuit (for both the plaintiff as well as their representation) will outweigh the hopes of compensation (the risk gets too high), and they case ends up getting dropped.

The only cases that typically go PAST mediation involve deaths (the pool drowning case at Pop a few years ago for example), and thus considerable damages are on the table. Other types that go further include SEVERE injury, discrimination (which is hard to prove), and sexual harassment (but usually those are handled internally).

The "Loss of quality of life" argument is overused in slip and fall cases all over, you'd be disgusted over how its abused in 90% of the cases I have had to work on.

Discrimination is extremely hard to prove, like with the one filed last week. She's not going to be able to prove it.

Retaliation for filing an EEOC complaint? That one seems pretty spot on.....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Let me draw the Class' attention to 2016-CA-000860-O JACKSON, ROBIN M et al.vs.WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC, Filed Yesterday.....

(Defendant) Negligently opened a door in the Pirates of Caribbean attraction with such force that it struck the Plaintiff, causing her to suffer injuries and damages as hereinafter alleged.

Will someone please explain to me where on POTC you can be struck by a door? I've ridden that thing more than most. Even in the queue line, I cannot see where you can be struck by a door. There's no way you can be struck by a door on the attraction itself.

ABQ

Let me draw the Class' attention to 2016-CA-000860-O JACKSON, ROBIN M et al.vs.WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC, Filed Yesterday.....

(Defendant) Negligently opened a door in the Pirates of Caribbean attraction with such force that it struck the Plaintiff, causing her to suffer injuries and damages as hereinafter alleged.

Will someone please explain to me where on POTC you can be struck by a door? I've ridden that thing more than most. Even in the queue line, I cannot see where you can be struck by a door. There's no way you can be struck by a door on the attraction itself.
I can only think of possibly one of the doors in the wheelchair exit. It's a very poorly designed egress.

Goofyque'

One heck of a door hit to be able to claim loss of Consortium.

NearTheEars

Could this possibly be a CM on CM crime?

jakeman

I use my collection of DIsney mugs for coffee/cold beverages in the workshop/car and outdoors because they are practically indestructable.
Yeah...I really don't care that much to be honest.

However, the thought of a Honey Boo Boo furiously pumping cheese into a family-sized, off-brand Tostitos while you scream about what it's doing to the stock price in the background is an extremely humorous image.

hopemax

So yesterday at the MK, I was doing the Pirate game thingy and while at the Lion symbol location, which is in the bazaar hallway area...a big basket fell off the top of one of the cabinets right at my feet. It didn't hit me dead on but it did scare me a little. But not as much as it scared the CM who came over really quickly to take it away.

I immediately joked to my Dad I needed the number for Morgan & Morgan.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yeah...I really don't care that much to be honest.

However, the thought of a Honey Boo Boo furiously pumping cheese into a family-sized, off-brand Tostitos while you scream about what it's doing to the stock price in the background is an extremely humorous image.

Never thought about it like that but the image does bring a smile to my face.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom