1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Lawsuits against Disney

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by PhotoDave219, Jan 29, 2016.

1. GrumpyDude

GrumpyDude Member

According John Morgan, people he represents aren't looking for a lottery.

Corey P likes this.
  2. GCTales

GCTales Well-Known Member

I love the last quote in the article...

"They baited everybody. You don't find 4,000 cars waiting to be the first one in there unless people believed there would be a lifetime pass for the first family into the park."

Somehow I don't think that is the only reason all those cars were there...

GoofGoof likes this.
  3. Jedi Stitch

Jedi Stitch Active Member

Maybe Disney could counter sue and say they are like many others, they took 15 grand in toppings to offset the original food cost. I seriously watched a guy take half a tray of cheese on an empty plate when I was there.

4. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

ID pay to see it if Judge Judy would make cameos.

LAKid53 likes this.
  5. cdndisneygirl9

cdndisneygirl9 Active Member

I love this thread!

6. LAKid53

LAKid53 Well-Known Member

John Morgan will most likely run for Governor in 2018. Will change both the billboards on I-75/Turnpike/I-95 and TV ads due to equal time regulations. I know when Crist ran for US Senate, billboards along the Turnpike no longer featured him. But we'll be seeing John a lot more if he runs. And if he wins, you can forget any discussion about tort reform in Florida.....so more lawsuits.

Will give a new meaning to For the People. But I give him credit for getting medical marijuana approved.

7. 180º

180º Well-Known Member

8. LAKid53

Most of these guests had the infamous "pre-existing condition" and perhaps should have heeded any warnings posted for the ride (s)? Like maybe an 89 year old might not want to ride Soarin'?

I'd like to know how the guy hit his head on Everest. Was he somehow able to defeat the lap bar and stand up? Or did he bump his head on the headrest during a bumpy ride...and tell a CM he hit his head....:rolleyes:

Yeah, the pelvis pain one was a tad over the top.

Wonder how many of these will result in a lawsuit. Better call John before he decides to run for office....

Cesar R M likes this.
  9. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

It's entirely possible that someone else's hat or other personal article flew off and hit him in the head... in the dark section, it would be hard to tell, and a hat at 30 mph would certainly hit hard enough to be noticed. Probably not cause lasting effects, but in this day of exaggerated fragility, who's to say?

andysol and LAKid53 like this.
  10. LAKid53

Oh, how sadly true.

I guess my daughter should be lucky the guy sitting behind her on Space Mountain didn't mind getting sprinkled with the pixie dust she'd gotten showered on her head right before she got on. It was funny, he had glitter all over his face....

11. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member

My favorite lawsuit in here so far is still the one where the snake bit someone and that person supposedly died right before the family decided to enjoy the rest of their day in the park.

12. LAKid53

That's not what happened. A snake fell out of a tree, bit a child, the grandmother was so upset she had a heart attack later that day and died in the hospital a few days after that. The family, however, did return to the park after the grandmother complained about chest pains or something like that. But it was Disney s fault because they should have known a wild snake might live in Florida.....and fall out of a tree...

13. Dead2009

Dead2009 Well-Known Member

Meh, close enough lol

14. GCTales

GCTales Well-Known Member

See, now if Disney had just activated the animal /rain repulsed dome this never would have happened!!!

LAKid53 likes this.
  15. LAKid53

Hardly...the person bitten wasn't the one who died....

16. LAKid53

Not to mention also solving the problem of idiots taking flash photos on dark rides...

andysol likes this.
  17. Cesar R M

I still wonder what is a "pre-existing condition" in these cases.
    They mention preexisting as in part of the issues they had. or they had general type of pre existing conditions?
    Example of a) Man hurts back riding big thunder.. he had weak bones and back issues.
    Example of b) Man hurts back riding big thunder.. he had diabetes.

And I agree on the Everest case, Darwin awards are something completely different in these kind of accident classification.
    I still remember when people were outright trying to wiggle the swinging motion on the dwarf mine train ride to try to touch the walls and animatronics.

As for the resume.. seems almost all of the people hurt were either very elderly (who fell down) or had illness already.

18. Cesar R M

did he ended looking fabulous? XD

I heard they have this magic at Harry Potter . With active Aurors protecting the muggles from these pesky issues of Florida

larryz likes this.