2014 Walt Disney World Resort hotels holiday season updates

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good luck with that. Maybe they'll hang garland on the construction walls. But in all seriousness, Poly, in my opinion, cut back their decorating to darn near nada over the past few years anyway.
Yep the Poly gets very little at the best of times. Hopefully they will come back strong next year,

Ranch Dressing

20141113_170200.jpg

Right when you walk into Poly.

dvitali

I would love to see pictures of the gingerbread houses at the American Pavalion and the gingerbread horse carousel Beach Resort

raymusiccity

Last edited:

Yankee Mouse

This Gingerbread 'display' is a very disappointing departure from previous presentations.

It looks like nothing more than a glorified sales table.

This is what it looked like 2 years ago!
View attachment 73640

Compare this years holiday display to Beach Club or Boardwalk lobbies to see how feeble this new one looks. :(

But it's frozzzzzzzen! Isn't that all that matters?

:banghead:

note2001

This Gingerbread 'display' is a very disappointing departure from previous presentations.

It looks like nothing more than a glorified sales table.

This is what it looked like 2 years ago!
View attachment 73640

Compare this years holiday display to Beach Club or Boardwalk lobbies to see how feeble this new one looks. :(

I can see where you're coming from, but imho, the Contemporary display has never been on par with the displays over at either beach club or boardwalk. Primary reason being that they just don't have the same 3d space available to use at the Contemporary.

I don't hate it. I see effort in this setup - but I think they focused too much on the Frozen theme (which all but the 3-12 year olds are tired of) verses building something impressive like a tree, so that in pictures this comes across as an incompleted coloring book page. In fact, if that's what they were going for, they need to add GIANT gingerbread crayons.

Last edited:

JohnD

Part of my 11/29-12/3 trip will be visiting the various lobbies since I already have ADRs there. Because of ADRs at Artist Point and Kona, I'll definitely be in WL and Poly. Might as well visit GF and Contemporary via monorail while I'm at it. Also breakfast ADR at Boma, so check off AKL. And a lunch ADR at Beaches and Cream, so there's Beaches.

Others I should visit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom