2014 Itineraries Guesses

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I do think Southern Carribean cruises are coming have heard that before today and DCL will be in Europe in 2014 for an extended run but not sure if this photos are an update too early or a mistake. DCL might run,
Up to NY then Bahamas cruises,
Then transatlatic to UK
Then Europe question up to Blatic or down to Med?
Question Canaries? as well as Med?

I hope they're just up to early. :)

I like that itinerary!

DISNEY FANTASY

I hope they're just up to early. :)

I like that itinerary!

It would be very nice.

Also I have been on Southern Caribbean cruises before with princess they are great, we called at ports like Barbados and St Lucia and Martinique, I read a paper that Martinique was wooing DCL recently, that would be interesting. Like others we know Jamaica has been in talks with Disney.

NY >Bahamas and
12 Night Med cruises sold well, in fact rumour is at least one 12 night Med is sold out as it pops on and off the DCL website, but the others have said to have sold well.

Back to Europe, hopefully one classic ship will have an extended run in Europe in 2014.

sweetpee_1993

I do think Southern Carribean cruises are coming have heard that before today and DCL will be in Europe in 2014 for an extended run but not sure if this photos are an update too early or a mistake. DCL might run,
Up to NY then Bahamas cruises,
Then transatlatic to UK
Then Europe question up to Blatic or down to Med?
Question Canaries? as well as Med?

Thanks for sharing the screen grabs with us, too!!! I appreciate it!

St. Croix I'm sorta surprised by. Tammy, remember last year when Tracey & his brother were going to get sent there for work at the refinery? Reservations were made, plane tickets purchased, and everything! Then a day or 2 before they were set to leave the work got pulled and the refinery announced it's closure. We were thinking on such a small island with that many people suddenly out of work it would really mess up their economy. I guess this is their push to recover by maybe beefing up the tourism. Both Tracey & Kacey were really sad they wouldn't be working in paradise. I was, too. I was looking to go visit! LOL!

If the Baltic happens I think I may end up making the final call and ditching the Allure for Thanksgiving next year. Then again, if it does get announced I can start begging for my 40th birthday gift...... LOL!

Isn't it the Wonder that's going to dry-dock in Europe (somewhere, I forget where) next fall? Would you think pushing the Magic over to Europe for 2014 would also position it to dry-dock and receive the upgrades the Wonder is rumored to be getting? Or do I have the ships backwards on this: Magic dry-dock next fall? I can't remember this stuff!!!!

DISNEY FANTASY

Thanks for sharing the screen grabs with us, too!!! I appreciate it!

St. Croix I'm sorta surprised by. Tammy, remember last year when Tracey & his brother were going to get sent there for work at the refinery? Reservations were made, plane tickets purchased, and everything! Then a day or 2 before they were set to leave the work got pulled and the refinery announced it's closure. We were thinking on such a small island with that many people suddenly out of work it would really mess up their economy. I guess this is their push to recover by maybe beefing up the tourism. Both Tracey & Kacey were really sad they wouldn't be working in paradise. I was, too. I was looking to go visit! LOL!

If the Baltic happens I think I may end up making the final call and ditching the Allure for Thanksgiving next year. Then again, if it does get announced I can start begging for my 40th birthday gift...... LOL!

Isn't it the Wonder that's going to dry-dock in Europe (somewhere, I forget where) next fall? Would you think pushing the Magic over to Europe for 2014 would also position it to dry-dock and receive the upgrades the Wonder is rumored to be getting? Or do I have the ships backwards on this: Magic dry-dock next fall? I can't remember this stuff!!!!

Magic will dry dock in Cadiz Spain in September 2013 for circa 6 weeks for a good refurb,

Wonder will have a drydock in 2014.

'if' they are in the same place, Wonder would go to Europe in 2014. But Magic cannot have the Outlook cafe etc added due to weight problems, its getting to heavy on top, and so DCL could drydock the Wonder in Vancouver area.

DISNEY FANTASY

There still at it

Another Lisbon one is up now!!!!

Is this a Disney wind up? or Clues for us to pick up on.

LISBON2.png

LISBON3.png

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

I do remember that! That would have been so awesome to work there!

If the Baltic happens, and I think it's going to, I'm definitely booking. I can't pass that up again.

There are rumors that Disney will cancel the end of 2013 for the Magic and keep her in dry dock even longer for a complete overhaul.

sweetpee_1993

Magic will dry dock in Cadiz Spain in September 2013 for circa 6 weeks for a good refurb,

Wonder will have a drydock in 2014.

'if' they are in the same place, Wonder would go to Europe in 2014. But Magic cannot have the Outlook cafe etc added due to weight problems, its getting to heavy on top, and so DCL could drydock the Wonder in Vancouver area.

I was thinking I had the ships backwards for the dry dock! I was thinking it was Spain for the work to be done but I'm so iffy on remembering stuff straight I hate to say specifics when I'm so unsure.

I wasn't sure how long it's been since either of the classic ships had dry dock sprucing so I was totally in the air as to which would go first. LOL!

Thanks for the info! AND thanks for the additional screen captures!!! You're rockin' that!

I do remember that! That would have been so awesome to work there!

If the Baltic happens, and I think it's going to, I'm definitely booking. I can't pass that up again.

There are rumors that Disney will cancel the end of 2013 for the Magic and keep her in dry dock even longer for a complete overhaul.

I bet if the Baltic happens a lot of people will be jumping to book since it's been a while. When/if it happens you'll have to let me know when you're booking it for y'all. Think you'll take all 4 of you? I'm going to start pitching it at Tracey later tonight so maybe we can have our brains wrapped around it. Not sure if we'd bring the boys just because of the cost to fly over & back. Ya know?

Really??? I hadn't heard of holding over the Magic for an even longer dry dock. I wonder what other goodies they can put onboard to "plus" her.... hhmmmm.....

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I bet if the Baltic happens a lot of people will be jumping to book since it's been a while. When/if it happens you'll have to let me know when you're booking it for y'all. Think you'll take all 4 of you? I'm going to start pitching it at Tracey later tonight so maybe we can have our brains wrapped around it. Not sure if we'd bring the boys just because of the cost to fly over & back. Ya know?

Really??? I hadn't heard of holding over the Magic for an even longer dry dock. I wonder what other goodies they can put onboard to "plus" her.... hhmmmm.....

I think a ton of people will book. And the Med cruises with new ports sold so well that I think they'll price them high! Yikes!

Airfare is going to be killer. We'll book it for all 4 of us, but Chase may be out of pocket by then. We'll see! I'll tell you which one I book!

Yes! Both classic ships are getting to that magical age where most cruise lines either sell them or completely overhaul them. I can't see Disney selling their ships, so I think a complete overhaul is likely. The current dry dock doesn't have enough time for that. Although they can get a lot done in six weeks!

Ooh, I'm going to start another thread! What improvements would you like to see on the classic ships? :)

DISNEY FANTASY

Just to confirm from what I heard Magic will have a six week Dry dock in September 2013 in Cadiz in Spain. The work will be finished off as the Magic comes back over the Atlantic for its first Florida Cruise in October.

DISNEY FANTASY

Jamaca.png

Well looks like Jamaica rumour is true,

Clearly now we can see they are updating their website so decisions are made and the web team making some errors.

DISNEY FANTASY

That is awesome. :)

Looks like Wonder is changing some of its cruises to include Jamaica from September 2013, and DCL will announce that soon and the good old web boys ( and girls) have let the cat out of the bag early, assume DCL will want to get that change out of the way first, but looks like 2014 is now on its way, this isn't an old webpage released by mistake its a new trip, so with the others looks a good indication they are setting up for release of some of 2014 soon.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Looks like Wonder is changing some of its cruises to include Jamaica from September 2013, and DCL will announce that soon and the good old web boys ( and girls) have let the cat out of the bag early, assume DCL will want to get that change out of the way first, but looks like 2014 is now on its way, this isn't an old webpage released by mistake its a new trip, so with the others looks a good indication they are setting up for release of some of 2014 soon.

I agree. I think it's coming soon.

And I also think changing Costa Maya to Jamaica is a good move.

DISNEY FANTASY

I agree. I think it's coming soon.

And I also think changing Costa Maya to Jamaica is a good move.

Oh yes, I have been to Jamaica and walked up dunns river falls and been to a plantation there, the beaches are wonderful. Not a lot at Costa Maya but did enjoy the ruins. I think Fantasy should do the same and drop Costa Maya

tracyandalex

Anyone know how Miami is doing as a port? Could Miami be used for some southern Caribbean cruises? We wouldn't mind driving to Mia if the right itinerary showed up.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Anyone know how Miami is doing as a port? Could Miami be used for some southern Caribbean cruises? We wouldn't mind driving to Mia if the right itinerary showed up.

Miami is a great port, my parents sailed out of there and loved it. The cruises aren't selling that well for a few reasons. Because it's a slow time of year, it's not one of the new ships, and it's the same basic itineraries that have been around for a while. I do think there will be some southern Caribbean cruises in 2014, and I think they'll go out of Miami.

DISNEY FANTASY

The 'New' ships are tied to Port Canaveral and will not move from that home port for five years each, they both have to make 150 calls per year at Port Canaveral, which you can work out is an average of three per week, that was agreed with the port Canaveral agency, to help finance new developments and parking at PC. So the ships you will see out and about in Summer 2014 will be the Magic and the Wonder. If they go back to New York it could be the Magic but it might split its summer with Europe, so say spring go to NY, run a few Bahamas runs and WDW, and then sail across to Europe for an extended time. DCL has a five year contract with the ports in Alaska, and the Wonder has the outlook cafe so its likely to go there, -Magic even with a refit in 2013 wouldn't go there as Magic is already top heavy and cant take any extra weight. Considering the Med 12 night cruises have sold so so well, you would expect more like those, and Hawaii has been popular as well. Southern Caribbean has been asked for time and time again, so it might well come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom