2014 Itineraries Guesses

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Okay, so I would expect the 2014 itineraries to be released soon! We had some fun with this last time, so let's do it again! Let's guess at what they may be!

Here are my guesses and some reasoning.

Dream and Fantasy:
Dream - 3 and 4 night Bahamas and Fantasy - 7 night Caribbeans.
I think for the most part the Dream and Fantasy will stick to the same ole same ole, not that there's anything wrong with that. Since they are committed to Port Canaveral for a while, there won't be any big changes. I do think we may see some special itineraries thrown in here and there. Hopefully some more 5 night double dips and maybe some special holiday itineraries.

Magic and Wonder-

Wonder - I think Disney will continue to go out of Alaska in the summers, so that means the Wonder will have to go back through the Panama Canal. I think the Wonder may stick to Galveston for part of the year with the new itineraries Disney is trying out, then back to the West Coast with some Hawaii sailings and Alaska.
Magic - The 12 night Mediterranean cruises sold like hot cakes and in fact are almost sold out for next summer, so there's a chance the Magic will go back in 2014. I think it's more likely that they'll stick with every other summer in the Med to keep demand high. So I think they'll go back to New York in the summer of 2014. I think they may throw in some new itineraries like Bermuda too. As for the rest of the year, that's tricky! I'm hoping they'll try some Southern Caribbean itineraries out of Miami.

You'll notice I said "I think" a lot because other than a little bit of evidence theses are guesses. I'm hoping Disney surprises us all with some super exciting new options!

Anybody else have any guesses or hopes and wants?

TDF

I think maybe we will see another Disney ship announced along with the same routes just with a possible NYC-Bermuda thrown in. I doubt Disney will go off what they have without another ship or something to come and take its place.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I think maybe we will see another Disney ship announced along with the same routes just with a possible NYC-Bermuda thrown in. I doubt Disney will go off what they have without another ship or something to come and take its place.

Well I would love another ship! That would take a few years, but it would be exciting! :)

Ariel484

I want that California itinerary, preferably during a time of the year when my teacher husband doesn't have work! Seems unlikely but...fingers crossed.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I don't know which one I would go with, but I'm hoping for Hawaii, Alaska, and either 8-day NYC/FL or 5-day NY/Canada

I still wish I could work Hawaii into our schedule. I do hope they continue with NYC.

I want that California itinerary, preferably during a time of the year when my teacher husband doesn't have work! Seems unlikely but...fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed!

Hawaii and/or Bermuda sound awesome.

Agreed!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I wouldn't be suprised to see them add Hawaii as an option so they can pump business to Aulani.

Yes the last Hawaii cruise had excursions to Aulani. They really need one way cruises to Hawaii to really benefit at Aulani though.

Would it be around the same dates??? Looking to plan a certain something around one of those 7 night cruises in 2014 ;)

Ooh...a certain something? :) I would assume they'll keep the Saturday to Saturday schedule for the most part.

sweetpee_1993

I'm definitely expecting Mickey to come back to Galveston some more. In a recent article I read there was a statement that Disney is committed for 2 years (I think it said). That would carry us to fall of 2014. I do, however, hope that Houston & Disney get their stuff together and make better options for tranpsort & information for travelers flying in. It seems Disney wasn't in a hurry with that information after they opened the bookings and, from what I hear, the options outside what Disney has thrown together aren't all that numerous or great. I think people could get overwhelmed trying to plan to travel here.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I'm definitely expecting Mickey to come back to Galveston some more. In a recent article I read there was a statement that Disney is committed for 2 years (I think it said). That would carry us to fall of 2014. I do, however, hope that Houston & Disney get their stuff together and make better options for tranpsort & information for travelers flying in. It seems Disney wasn't in a hurry with that information after they opened the bookings and, from what I hear, the options outside what Disney has thrown together aren't all that numerous or great. I think people could get overwhelmed trying to plan to travel here.

I think Disney is trying to make things better by changing up those itineraries, so hopefully they'll keep getting it together!

sweetpee_1993

I think Disney is trying to make things better by changing up those itineraries, so hopefully they'll keep getting it together!
I love the 8-nights stopping at CC, Port Canaveral, & Key West. Mostly it's
Key West & CC that appeal. They could just bounce back & forth between the 2 and I would be happy. I've thought about that Port Canaveral stop. Think I'd go to KSC, a water park, or I'd stay onboard.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I love the 8-nights stopping at CC, Port Canaveral, & Key West. Mostly it's
Key West & CC that appeal. They could just bounce back & forth between the 2 and I would be happy. I've thought about that Port Canaveral stop. Think I'd go to KSC, a water park, or I'd stay onboard.

I agree! Castaway Cay and Key West are the draw. Although if you can't get to Disney often, that's a fun day too!

ChuckElias

This isn't a guess, it's more of a wish. But I would love to see them send the Wonder from Hawaii to Australia and do Aussie/NZ cruises.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom