2014 Itineraries Guesses

wiigirl

More Pixar cruises would be awesome.

Yes! :p
75.gif

ChuckElias

Bumblesquat Family Reunion? Oh my word that sounds awful, lol.
It is legendary within our family now. LOL. Here's the show:

The main attraction of the show is a series of Cirque-type segments. Very athletic performers came out and did climbing, balancing, and rope routines. But each segment needed time to be set up. So between the segments (while the stage is being re-arranged for the next Cirque performers), the regular show cast came through the theater. They would have some props to indicate that they were maybe on vacation together (like cameras, or a map, etc.) and they would wander through the theater doing a short skit, taking pictures of each other and of the audience, or pretending one of them had gotten lost in a corner of the theater.

The main drawback to the skits was that the only word of dialogue that the cast could say was "Bumblesquat!" So, for example, they'd call to one another, "Bumblesquat?" and answer, "Bumblesquat." They'd look at an audience member and say "Bumblesquat?" and someone would pretend to recognize the audience member and say "Bumblesquat!" Then the guy with the camera would come over to take a picture of the three of them, and before snapping the shot would say "Bumblesquaaaaat" with the inflection that you'd normally use for "Say cheeeeeese!"

Imagine 5 or 6 of these segments. Ugh. People left the theater in droves. The Cirque performers were really pretty good, but it just couldn't make up for the skits.

They actually tried this type of show again during the Med cruises, with the show that was called (I think) "When Mickey Dreams". (Or maybe "When Mickey Sleeps". . . "While Mickey Sleeps". . . "While Mickey was Sleeping", starring Sandra Bullock?) Again, they used the Cirque performers and while the stage was being re-set, they did little vignettes with Mickey falling asleep and dreaming. Not a bad concept, certainly better than Bumblesquats, but Mickey ends up having a nightmare in which Malificent summons all the "demons from Hell" and it turns into a mini-Fantasmic. I thought it was much too dark (and certainly too loud) for the cruise ship audience. It wasn't one of my favorites, but it was better than Bumblesquats for sure.

Phonedave

I don't know enough about Jamaica to answer that. I do know DIsney would not take guests somewhere where they weren't safe. A few ports have been removed from time to time when conditions warranted.

I assume it is because certain parts are "safe" and others are "not so safe". When we were in St Lucia at Sandal's we went to the re-booking desk. We told the representitive that we really liked the resort (Grande) but the trip to St Lucia is a haul (and expense). He said to us the Sandal's White House in Jamacia is just like the Grande, however you do NOT want to leave the property. He stressed that if you wanted to land, take the Sandals shuttle to the resort, stay on property the whole time, and then take the shuttle back to the airport you would be fine. He did not recommend leaving the resort grounds and wandering around the surrounding area. Maybe there are some good port areas where the ships come in.

-dave

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I assume it is because certain parts are "safe" and others are "not so safe". When we were in St Lucia at Sandal's we went to the re-booking desk. We told the representitive that we really liked the resort (Grande) but the trip to St Lucia is a haul (and expense). He said to us the Sandal's White House in Jamacia is just like the Grande, however you do NOT want to leave the property. He stressed that if you wanted to land, take the Sandals shuttle to the resort, stay on property the whole time, and then take the shuttle back to the airport you would be fine. He did not recommend leaving the resort grounds and wandering around the surrounding area. Maybe there are some good port areas where the ships come in.

-dave

That is very interesting, Dave. And super interesting that he was that honest with you!

Phonedave

That is very interesting, Dave. And super interesting that he was that honest with you!

I wondered that myself, but then I figured that the person at the "Soon Come Back" desk (who names these things anyway?) was getting credit / commission if he booked ANY Sandal's, not just the one we were staying at. When he asked what we liked and did not like, he tried to accomodate us the best he could.

-dave

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I wondered that myself, but then I figured that the person at the "Soon Come Back" desk (who names these things anyway?) was getting credit / commission if he booked ANY Sandal's, not just the one we were staying at. When he asked what we liked and did not like, he tried to accomodate us the best he could.

-dave

Soon come back? Lol!
You're probably right.

Tusportsfan

Tammy - any guesses as to exactly when the 2014's will be released? On our last cruise we dropped a place holder deposit waiting for a 2014 Alaska trip - just want to be on top of things since we're limited by school & activites to mid-summer only, and I know those go fast.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Tammy - any guesses as to exactly when the 2014's will be released? On our last cruise we dropped a place holder deposit waiting for a 2014 Alaska trip - just want to be on top of things since we're limited by school & activites to mid-summer only, and I know those go fast.

My guess is soon! I will definitely post here as soon as I hear, and email anyone on my waiting list! I definitely think it will be October though. :)

Computer Magic

I don't know enough about Jamaica to answer that. I do know DIsney would not take guests somewhere where they weren't safe. A few ports have been removed from time to time when conditions warranted.
I think Disney needs to stay out of Mexico. Just coming off a 7 day cruise out of LA, Mexico stop wasn't what I call Disney standards....

MissRebecca76

My husband and travel to Jamaica every summer and we LOVE it! The people are amazing and the culture is really something to admire. They are such a positive, welcoming and proud people! The island gets a really bad rap but the majority of the population are conservative highly religious bunch. Are there bad areas- yes but there are bad neighborhoods in every corner of the US too! The violence that happens there is almost always Jamaican vs. Jamaican. Tourism is the backbone of the country's economy and because of this tourists are very much protected by everyone! I would love for DCL to sail there- my two fav vacations wrapped in one!!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
My husband and travel to Jamaica every summer and we LOVE it! The people are amazing and the culture is really something to admire. They are such a positive, welcoming and proud people! The island gets a really bad rap but the majority of the population are conservative highly religious bunch. Are there bad areas- yes but there are bad neighborhoods in every corner of the US too! The violence that happens there is almost always Jamaican vs. Jamaican. Tourism is the backbone of the country's economy and because of this tourists are very much protected by everyone! I would love for DCL to sail there- my two fav vacations wrapped in one!!

That's good to know, MissRebecca! Thanks for sharing!

Someone has a screen capture of St. Lucia on the DCL website, so I think a Southern Caribbean is in the works! :)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
We went to Tortola with DCL, took a ferry to Virgin Gorda and LOVED it.

We loved Tortola!

St. Lucia is pretty far. It would have to be a 10 nighter or leave from San Juan if it was a 7 nighter. I'm guessing 10 nights from Miami on one of the classic ships. The question is, will it be a special holiday itinerary or a regular thing?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Lots of interesting speculation out there today. DCL's website keeps showing erroneous pictures of ports. Like possibly loading them in their system to get ready. Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't. Someone on cruise critic has several screen captures. I was going to post the pictures, but the poster doesn't want them on other forums apparently. The exciting ones are -

Copenhagen!!! - Back to the Baltic maybe? I am all over that if so.
Lisbon, Portugal - Which would indicate a Transatlantic
St. Croix - Caribbean
Aruba - Southern Caribbean
St. Lucia - Southern Caribbean

Very exciting possibilities!! :)

DISNEY FANTASY

Lots of interesting speculation out there today. DCL's website keeps showing erroneous pictures of ports. Like possibly loading them in their system to get ready. Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't. Someone on cruise critic has several screen captures. I was going to post the pictures, but the poster doesn't want them on other forums apparently. The exciting ones are -

Copenhagen!!! - Back to the Baltic maybe? I am all over that if so.
Lisbon, Portugal - Which would indicate a Transatlantic
St. Croix - Caribbean
Aruba - Southern Caribbean
St. Lucia - Southern Caribbean

Very exciting possibilities!! :)

I posted them so here they are
ARUBA.png

STLUCIA.png

Copenhagen.png

Stcroix.png

lisbon.png

I said not to re post as I read another forum who were just going to take them without any acknowledgement. THANK YOU for being polite!!!

DISNEY FANTASY

I do think Southern Carribean cruises are coming have heard that before today and DCL will be in Europe in 2014 for an extended run but not sure if this photos are an update too early or a mistake. DCL might run,
Up to NY then Bahamas cruises,
Then transatlatic to UK
Then Europe question up to Blatic or down to Med?
Question Canaries? as well as Med?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom