2013-14 NHL Discussion Thread

Bparso87

Same. Hopefully a Goligoski type haul!
I keep thinking seri can't get those types of trades but he does. The Kunitz deal and the Neal deal was so lopsided. Even to jokien deal is a joke bc they are still paying for him and all they got was a 7th rd pick. The ducks and oilers r in the market for a d man so we will see.

jw24

Original Poster
Well, the Anaheim Ducks brought back the Mighty Ducks jerseys for one night. (And won their game 4-1 against the Senators, the team they beat to win their first cup fittingly and the score matched the series result.) Kinda wished it was the white jersey over eggplant one but I prefer the originals over the ones they have nowadays:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...lorious-throwback-anaheim-213715376--nhl.html

riverscu0m0

Bruins fan here. (The icon doesn't give it away though)
On the topic of the Ducks, I'm really happy for Teemu Selaane. It'd be nice to see Anaheim get far this year, for him. Will that happen? Doubt it, but it'd still be nice to see.
I love the mighty ducks sweaters, the ones they have now are alright too I guess.

Foolish Mortal

Ugh !! Not even out of October and my Flyers have been eliminated already :banghead: This team is an absolute mess. Defense is too old, Giroux is either still hurt and not telling anyone or he can't handle the "C", and where have you gone Carter, Richards, Sharp, Reemer, and Lupul. Never ever trade pure goal scorer's like Carter and Reemer. Couturier is being wasted as a checker, will be dealt and become a scoring machine (bank it !!!). And WHY is Scott Laughton wasting away in juniors ? Time to really start following Central Scouting to see who the Flyers are drafting #1......oh wait, we will even lose the draft lottery.

Matt7187

Ugh !! Not even out of October and my Flyers have been eliminated already :banghead: This team is an absolute mess. Defense is too old, Giroux is either still hurt and not telling anyone or he can't handle the "C", and where have you gone Carter, Richards, Sharp, Reemer, and Lupul. Never ever trade pure goal scorer's like Carter and Reemer. Couturier is being wasted as a checker, will be dealt and become a scoring machine (bank it !!!). And WHY is Scott Laughton wasting away in juniors ? Time to really start following Central Scouting to see who the Flyers are drafting #1......oh wait, we will even lose the draft lottery.
That made my day. Lets go pens! :joyfull:

jw24

Original Poster

You think that's bad? Try being a Devils fan like me. They haven't won a single game at all. Marty's finished and is a horrendous goalie who gives so many soft goals this year. He might have flashes but I'm sorry, flashes of brilliance does not win games. The defensemen are a joke, notably Volchenkov, Salvador and Harrold who are slow, can't defend or a combination of both. I swear Usain Bolt could skate down the ice end to end 1000 times before these slowpokes could do it once! Ryan Clowe hasn't made an impact. The PP is a joke. Zajac and Henrique have done nothing and this team either gives up leads too easily or fall behind early. It's time to throw the Devils prospects in the fire. (Notably Jon Merrill and Eric Gelinas.) And with no first round pick because of the Kovalchuk deal, it's not looking good in the near future. All Devils fans are saying the pick of Stefan Matteau was a waste and I'm starting to agree with them.

Adding on the fact that more people are griping about the goal song than the actual team gets me all riled up. It's just a song and last I checked, a team identity's isn't defined by some piece of music. It's all about what they do on the field or in this case, on the ice and how they succeed with whatever system or players that put on the jersey. I thought it was the Redskins who only had PR problems right now....

Last edited:

Foolish Mortal

That made my day. Lets go pens! :joyfull:

Just remember how you got Cindy, Malkin and some of those other guys ! :D

You think that's bad? Try being a Devils fan like me. They haven't won a single game at all. Marty's finished and is a horrendous goalie who gives so many soft goals this year. He might have flashes but I'm sorry, flashes of brilliance does not win games. The defensemen are a joke, notably Volchenkov, Salvador and Harrold who are slow, can't defend or a combination of both. I swear Usain Bolt could skate down the ice end to end 1000 times before these slowpokes could do it once! Ryan Clowe hasn't made an impact. The PP is a joke. Zajac and Henrique have done nothing and this team either gives up leads too easily or fall behind early. It's time to throw the Devils prospects in the fire. (Notably Jon Merrill and Eric Gelinas.) And with no first round pick because of the Kovalchuk deal, it's not looking good in the near future. All Devils fans are saying the pick of Stefan Matteau was a waste and I'm starting to agree with them.

Adding on the fact that more people are griping about the goal song than the actual team gets me all riled up. It's just a song and last I checked, a team identity's isn't defined by some piece of music. It's all about what they do on the field or in this case, on the ice and how they succeed with whatever system or players that put on the jersey. I thought it was the Redskins who only had PR problems right now....

Nice try Devils fan but I aint buying it. At least your Devils has won 3 Cups since 1975 AND your team has one of the all time great GM's who will straighten the Devils out while the Flyers go thru at least 2 more GM's and make countless other horrible deals.

Matt7187

Just remember how you got Cindy, Malkin and some of those other guys ! :D

Nice try Devils fan but I aint buying it. At least your Devils has won 3 Cups since 1975 AND your team has one of the all time great GM's who will straighten the Devils out while the Flyers go thru at least 2 more GM's and make countless other horrible deals.
I know, I know. Haha!

jw24

Original Poster
Well, I'm in better spirits tonight than I was yesterday. Finally, NJ got win #1 against the Rangers. As far as I'm concerned, Schneider needs to be the starter.

Bparso87

Your GM is always to quick to pull the trigger on a big trade. In the trades I always like what you got back but they where never equal. Plus the overpaying free agents have killed the flyers. I hope the flyers get better because as a pens fan there is no better game then a flyers pens game that means something

Matt7187

Your GM is always to quick to pull the trigger on a big trade. In the trades I always like what you got back but they where never equal. Plus the overpaying free agents have killed the flyers. I hope the flyers get better because as a pens fan there is no better game then a flyers pens game that means something
Very truetrue

Matt7187

Wow! Moulson, a 1st and a 2nd for Vanek? What are you thinking islanders? Vanek will leave after season, Moulson is very underrated. What do you guys think?

jw24

Original Poster
Wow! Moulson, a 1st and a 2nd for Vanek? What are you thinking islanders? Vanek will leave after season, Moulson is very underrated. What do you guys think?

Buffalo won that deal in my book. They get a 1st rounder next year and a 2nd rounder in 2015 and Moulson who isn't too bad of a player. I think for the Isles, it's Cup or bust because there is the sense that baring anything crazy, Vanek will almost certainly join Minnesota at the end of the season since he's a free agent and whatnot. Goaltending is the biggest issue for the Isles. If they fix that issue, they could go far in the playoffs.

Foolish Mortal

Wow wow wow !! Holy over paid Batman ! I agree with jw24, he's going to Minny via free agency. If they finish high in the standings then the pick/s will be low. Still a lot to give up. At least now my Flyers CANT do it !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom