2013-14 NHL Discussion Thread

Bparso87

You mean assult him. It shows how classless the Flyers are
Yea and the fans are cheering like it is a gladiator tournament. It was an embarrassment to the league. I don't see how fans can cheer like that when they are loosing by that much And then loose two players in the fight.

Matt7187

Yea and the fans are cheering like it is a gladiator tournament. It was an embarrassment to the league. I don't see how fans can cheer like that when they are loosing by that much And then loose two players in the fight.
I mean they didn't have any fans there before the game anyway, so it's a good thing it wasn't full at that point. If NHL doesn't grow a pair and suspend Emery and Varlamov for his crap, your gonna have a ed Pens fan over here

jw24

Original Poster
I mean they didn't have any fans there before the game anyway, so it's a good thing it wasn't full at that point. If NHL doesn't grow a pair and suspend Emery and Varlamov for his crap, your gonna have a ed Pens fan over here

Agreed. What got me riled up was that the Caps left Holtby in no man's land. Step up for your goalie is what I say! And worse, the media gave Emery the third star of the game! Makes you think they had one too many alcoholic drinks....Still, it's not the first time Emery has been involved in a brawl. You guys probably remember this several years back (I do, I vividly remember seeing how angry Lindy Ruff was at Bryan Murray):

Matt7187

Agreed. What got me riled up was that the Caps left Holtby in no man's land. Step up for your goalie is what I say! And worse, the media gave Emery the third star of the game! Makes you think they had one too many alcoholic drinks....Still, it's not the first time Emery has been involved in a brawl. You guys probably remember this several years back (I do, I vividly remember seeing how angry Lindy Ruff was at Bryan Murray):

Remember isles vs pens a couple years back. Eric Godard stormed off the bench to protect Brent JohnsonJohnson

jw24

Original Poster
Jason Arnott retired from the game today after 19 seasons. Being a Devils fan, obviously, I have a high regard towards him considering he scored the winning goal to win the Cup back in 2000. He thrived on the A-Line with Patrik Elias and Petr Sykora. And last Saturday, the Canucks retired Pavel Bure's jersey. Always had great respect for the Russian Rocket and his prolific goal scoring.

You can watch it here:

Bparso87

Jason Arnott retired from the game today after 19 seasons. Being a Devils fan, obviously, I have a high regard towards him considering he scored the winning goal to win the Cup back in 2000. He thrived on the A-Line with Patrik Elias and Petr Sykora. And last Saturday, the Canucks retired Pavel Bure's jersey. Always had great respect for the Russian Rocket and his prolific goal scoring.

You can watch it here:

Bure was my favorite non penguin player of all time. He was great on nhl 94 I think I had 400 goals with him one season lol.

jw24

Original Poster
Some headlines:
- Oilers signed Bryzgalov to one year deal.
- Panthers fired Kevin Dineen
- Patrick Roy hasn't disappointed as the Avs coach

And Your 2013 Hockey HOF Class:
Brendan Shannahan
Geraldine Heaney
Scott Niedermayer
Chris Chelios

jw24

Original Poster
I'm sure you've all seen the horrific injury from Steven Stamkos against the Bruins last Monday. Not good news. A broken tibia and he underwent surgery today. Timetable of return is uncertain. Such a shame that a prolific goal scorer will in all likelihood be unable to play for Team Canada.

Matt7187

I'm sure you've all seen the horrific injury from Steven Stamkos against the Bruins last Monday. Not good news. A broken tibia and he underwent surgery today. Timetable of return is uncertain. Such a shame that a prolific goal scorer will in all likelihood be unable to play for Team Canada.
Yeah, that is horrible for both tampa and Canada.

Lucky

I'm surprised the Bruins let Zdeno Charra leave early for Sochi. They managed to win today without him.

Brian & Jill

This season is a write off for the our beloved Buffalo Sabres:(!!! We will have to see what we do as far as trades after the break.....personally I think Miller Time (Ryan Miller) has fizzled out time to trade him while we can still get a decent pick for him! I think Drew Stafford is on his way out also. They made a mistake last year getting rid of Pommer (Jason Pomminville) he was a good all around player in my opinion.

Foolish Mortal

Ugh !! Not even out of October and my Flyers have been eliminated already :banghead: This team is an absolute mess. Defense is too old, Giroux is either still hurt and not telling anyone or he can't handle the "C", and where have you gone Carter, Richards, Sharp, Reemer, and Lupul. Never ever trade pure goal scorer's like Carter and Reemer. Couturier is being wasted as a checker, will be dealt and become a scoring machine (bank it !!!). And WHY is Scott Laughton wasting away in juniors ? Time to really start following Central Scouting to see who the Flyers are drafting #1......oh wait, we will even lose the draft lottery.

Can somebody pass the Tabasco to help me eat this Crow ! Awesome recovery boys !! Hard to believe 2 out of Blues/Black Hawks and Kings/Sharks won't make it out of 1st round. I'm seeing another Cup for the B's. Impressive team all around. If it can't be my Flyers, anybody but Cindy Whiner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom