2 Characters in the Same Place?

joanna71985

I have seen 2 Rafiki's at the same time, one in Adventureland at the Veranda, and one in Town Squair, you could stand around by Casey's and see them both, then I went and told someone and they didn't believe me! Thought that was kinda wierd!

Wow, that is strange.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Part of my thesis statement... "The Declining Standards of the Disney Theme Park."

vol. 2

mkt

Premium Member
I had a back to back come out during my set once at a dining location. I pitched a big ole fit and wanted the girl reprimanded on the spot and they told me to calm down that "this sort of thing happens a lot". So I'm supposed to be concerned about character integrity and not do simple things like sit on the ground but it's okay for there to be double characters?
Are you in a position to demand a reprimand on a coworker? Ever heard of second chances? Like you've never gotten a second chance. :rolleyes:

mkt

Premium Member
A reprimand isn't like getting fired right away so basically it is a second chance. I just don't see any excuse for a character performer walking out on set without knowing their back to back is in, especially in a dining location where she didn't even know what table to go to without checking with me first. To me it's certainly something that a manager should have been alerted to but according to my captain, it happens all the time and isn't a big deal. I'm sorry, two characters within ten feet of each other on stage in a crowded restaurant is a big deal and there should be consequences.
Some things... there are always two sides to the story, and there is such a thing as an honest mistake. As a first offense, it doesn't need anything more than a counseling, and any CM's who had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT need to remaing HAVING NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

People with your sunny disposition are one of the things I don't miss about Disney entertainment, and are also the type of person I don't hire for my company. Based on what I've read in the 2 previous posts, you spend too much time trying to make others look bad and too little time actually doing what you are paid to do.

Well if someone was so worried about character integrity, then it just flew right out the window with the continuation of this thread!!! If you were so concerned about it, why are you on this forum discussing about portraying a character etc...

mkt

Premium Member
From two posts I don't believe you know anything about the way I do my job or my disposition. My job is to portray a character and be that character, because as we all know, there is only one Mickey Mouse. So if I'm putting my hard work into being that character and being real for all those guests and those kids, and someone else does something that ruins the magic for everyone in sight, that's pretty upsetting to me, it isn't about blaming someone or making them look bad, it's about preserving the magic.
And you also know nothing about the situation in the first place, this back to back continually waited for me from a visible spot, everytime we did switch outs she was standing in clear view of guests. I really don't see that as an honest mistake, it's either stupidity, bad training, or just not caring enough.
I am a 5 year veteran, so I know the system and how it works :) I bidded Crystal Palace for my first 6 months because with my crap seniority that was all I could get, then I spent the next 2 year cast in MK parades, followed by being cast at Epcot parades and then Studio Parade+Show. On top of this, I would regularly pick up shifts propertywide and special events, and I was also a sub-coordinator, and I was also involved in a few projects outside of the mainstream character department. I know all about potential double exposure (2 of the same on set), and I know about whcih course of action management can take. And I also know that if you're fresh out of training, with a greeter, sorry attendant, that's also fresh out of training (which could easily happen during new CP periods/summer new hires), it could happen, and it has happened. That's an honest mistake. And if the issue is due to bad training, like you say, then the trainer should be held accountable and the CM should be retrained. If it's due to genuine stupidity, then the CM should be given nothing more than a heads up, since they were not smart enought to know any better... perhaps they should also have their work location shifted. If ti is due to not caring, then discipline should be taken.. but don't worry, because the teamsters are there to save the CM. :lol:

I also know there are places in the MK where if you stand at the right time, it's quite possible to see the same character twice, and that management knows about this and hasn't done a thing about it.

However, since I am no longer in that department, character integrity isn't an issue to me.

Here's the thing... you've already violated character integrity since you've started posting. All it takes is one email to the right people with a copy of this thread, and you can get in major !*!*!*!, moreso than the double Rafiki's. Don't believe me... if you want I'll tell you the story about the face character who blabbed on the monorail and it made it onto the DIS, and eventually onto the Zoo wall at MK. That CM was terminated over that, no rehire, do not pass go, no not collect $200.

Have a magical day :)

MMP

I've edited my posts out since you want to make an issue out of it. I'd like it if you would edit your posts where you've quoted me.

mkt

Premium Member
I've edited my posts out since you want to make an issue out of it. I'd like it if you would edit your posts where you've quoted me.
Nope.

However, I have no intention of reporting these posts to your management, so you don't have to worry about me doing that.

Have a magical day :)

Tinkerbell 319

I have seen this before. Riding the monerail from the contemporary to the MK. I looked down into the character breakfast at chef mickeys and saw mickey. Then pulling up to MK Mickey was standing outside signing autographs.

MKCP 1985

when I was getting my training way back in the day, we were told that in the rare instances when that happens by mistake, the two were trained to improvise and both get offstage as soon as possible. an example given was two Goofys acting as mirror images of each other, while both slowly moving toward the nearest escape.

what you are more likely to see is, entering the park and while walking at a brisk pace, seeing Goofy (stick with him as an example) on Main Street near the flag pole or bank, then getting up to Cinderella's Castle and he's already there, signing autographs, and then heading into Tomorrowland and seeing Goofy in an astronaut suit, taking pictures, and thinking "how the heck did he beat me from the park entrance to here, while I've been rushing and he's been hanging out taking photos." Now that is something I have experienced. :D

MouseWorshipper

Actually, all of you are dead wrong about Mickey. Minute-to-minute scheduling assures that two Mickeys are never in the same place. In fact, there is a rule that only ONE Big Cheese can be in any of the four theme parks at one time. This is why he's so elusive and the "Mickey's Toontown Fair" Mickey takes so many breaks.

DznyChick

Here's the thing... you've already violated character integrity since you've started posting. All it takes is one email to the right people with a copy of this thread, and you can get in major !*!*!*!, moreso than the double Rafiki's. Don't believe me... if you want I'll tell you the story about the face character who blabbed on the monorail and it made it onto the DIS, and eventually onto the Zoo wall at MK. That CM was terminated over that, no rehire, do not pass go, no not collect $200.

Not to jump in, but, I'd like to hear the story...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom