2 Characters in the Same Place?

SWatsi

Thanks for the bump! I really enjoyed reading this thread.

I've never seen the double character error on any character, but WAY back in the 70's, I was riding up front in the monorail, and we were stopped between stations for whatever reason, and down below on the ground, there were 3-4 characters walking along WITH THEIR HEADS OFF. They were carrying them under their arms.

The driver said something like "Oh, no - they're not supposed to be here with their heads off" and sounded his horn - as a warning that they could be seen from the monorail. We expected them to scurry and hide behind one of the topiaries that were there or something, but instead they just looked up at the monorail and waved and smiled! I'll never forget that!

Oh blimey. What a load of plonkers! :lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I did wounder.
I mean I had just met Mickey in the tent and I then I saw him in parade and it did puzzle me how he got in the parade so fast.

Easy, multiple Mickeys. Disney's interested in preserving the magic. I prefer respecting a persons intelligence.

Actually, thats a completely true scenario. Ride the monorail at the right time, and you can see this too if you know where to look

Easily. He has secret ways to get to the parade quickly (same way you got from Toontown to the parade, he got there quickly too).

And that's the Disney truth :goodnevil

Hi

Yes they allow more than one character in the same park. They do regulate when/where though so they never crossed paths. They use the underground to commute to where they have to be. You will never see the characters walk to a area they should be at. Disney always wants to suprise the kids. One time my husband and I were on line during the Christmas season waiting to see Minnie, Minnie needed a break, so she left out a back door and about 5 min later another came out from the back and took her place. It was someone different. The kids did not know a thing though. Gotta love Disney! :wave: Tinkerchelli

hwdelien

If they met, "the encounter could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy."

-Doc Brown - Back to the Future II

Sorry, seemed appropriate to this thread.

Just though I would pop in and mention this... last Spring Break my boyfriend were eating at the Liberty Tree Tavern and we saw the aid for Goofy give him a nudge and give him a two min signal.... we spent the next few minutes wondering why he did this... the next thing we know, Spectromagic starts passing by outside the window... when we saw Goofy on his float it instantly clicked lol, we thought this was kind of neat :wave:

GrumpyFan

I've seen it happen where 2 Baloos were on-stage at the same time. It was actually quite funny.

A few years ago my wife and I were over by Aladdin's carpet ride, in one of the shops just killing time while our two kids were waiting to ride. At some point, Baloo the bear came out from the back of the store and bumped into my wife. They did a little "dance" to get around each other, and off he went for his meet and greet. Well, a short time later, out comes ANOTHER Baloo! We were a little confused, but shrugged and let it go. Not 2 minutes later, from the same direction the 2 Baloo's went, one of them comes hustling back toward the store. It must have been the first Baloo because, once again, my wife got in his way. This time he threw his hands up in the air as if to say, "Hey, what's with you". My wife asked him, "what's your hurry Baloo", he quickly made a little kid imitation of having to go to the bathroom and his "friend" concurred, that he had to go to the bathroom.

Too bad I didn't have my camera ready, it would have made some great pics. I guess somebody back stage got the schedule mixed up and they accidentally sent 2 of them on-stage at the same time. I can just imagine them getting to the meet n greet location and going "oh oh, looks like I'm already here".

ndiniz

You know, I bet it'd be seriously hilarious if it happened! If this actually happens, what happens after that? I mean the odds of this happening at any place at WDW, and at any point in time are quite small.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
It's completely true. If the time is right, you're on the Monorail from the Grand Floridian to MK, and you know where to look, you can see half dressed character performers walking from backstage to the parade staging area

DznyChick

It's completely true. If the time is right, you're on the Monorail from the Grand Floridian to MK, and you know where to look, you can see half dressed character performers walking from backstage to the parade staging area

I've always wondered how the monorail was able to escape the backstage areas...Good to know! :wave:

elisatonks

a little kid caughted me off guard once whilst doing crowd control for HSM, by asking me once how come mickey was supposed to appear at toontown all day and yet was also stood about 10 ft away from us - i was quite proud of my reply -

"mickey mouse and the other characters have the help of tinkerbell to be in more than one place at one, and the genie gave them all the ability to interact with more than one person at the same time."

This would probably be the excuse i would use, to keep character integrity if i ever end up working in the world again and i get confronted about a double character situation, whether ents or another area.

I have heard of times it happened on stage though haven't seen it myself - i had a friend in ents who was warned about it. However technically it should really only happen backstage.)

Quan Narula

This sounds weird, but there is actually underground tunnels made to prevent this. Apparently, at Disneyland Anaheim Walt Disney saw a cowboy walking to Frontierland in Tommorowland and he thought it looked weird so at WDW he made tunnels so characters wouldn't be seen together or in the wrong land. Watch the video below

Princess Kaylee

If There is only one of Mickey per park explain how he is on Main Street USA and a magician in his building... I have had instances where characters mess up and come to our table twice at character meals but that's it for WDW. In California Adventure we saw two Goofys out at the same time. I hope nobody noticed!

sm57co

On a tour backstage, I saw two Jessie's slap hands as one came in and the other was heading out. I assumed this might be part of a system to ensure no overlap. Very odd to see two of the same character in one place and realize why there is an age minimum on the tours. I was even a little sad to see there wasn't just oneof each ... and I'm 47.

goofyfan78

On a tour backstage, I saw two Jessie's slap hands as one came in and the other was heading out. I assumed this might be part of a system to ensure no overlap. Very odd to see two of the same character in one place and realize why there is an age minimum on the tours. I was even a little sad to see there wasn't just oneof each ... and I'm 47.

The very reason I wont do a backstage tour.....I dont want to ruin the magic for myself!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom