“Something major” coming to DHS???

In the Parks
No
I'll never forgive D'Amaro for trotting the muppets out like USO showgirls at the last D23 and then announcing absolutely nothing muppets related.

That's a special kind of torture only a truly sadistic mind can come up with
Sadistic mind.jpg

TinkerBelle8878

Carsland probably should've gone in where the backlot tour was. There was plenty of room. DHS needs more rides and attractions. It would be a half day park if it weren't for all the lines. I also always thought that a clone or something similar to Roger Rabbit at DL should've been put in way back when.

strictfoo

never get rid of muppets! I could ee relocating them perhaps and using current muppets area for star wars land based on Endor with a speederbike coaster expansion (dreams) and more that also incorporates Star Tours....that would be chill but not something that would need to happen till at least animation courtyard expansion

Coincidentally, that's more of less my prediction in the predictions thread. Hadn't seen your post until now. Although I think it'll be more like FoP than a coaster, but I'd love for it to be a coaster too.

DisneyDodo

If you flip the entire land, it MIGHT fit as a 1:1 copy. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree might need to be cut or relocated because it would be where Brown Derby and Disney Junior Play and Dance! is. View attachment 778646
MJJ is also the same ride system as A$$ in the land right next door, so it would be a natural cut (though, yes, Disney does sometimes build multiple similar rides in the same park).

The ideal scenario would have them retheme A$$ to MJJ and relocate it to Carsland (perhaps not in the exact same spot as DCA’s) and then build another TS flat ride, since TS is a much more versatile IP than Cars.

fgmnt

If you flip the entire land, it MIGHT fit as a 1:1 copy. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree might need to be cut or relocated because it would be where Brown Derby and Disney Junior Play and Dance! is. View attachment 778646
I think it’s possible that building goes away if they add in that direction no matter what they do. Play and Dance can be moved to a box somewhere else in the park and Brown Derby is one of the least essential restaurants in the park. Should invest in the Start Wars table service over in GE instead.

Andrew25

That actually works since Disney JR can be sacrificed lol

Could be a heck of a view from ToT and the Cadillac Range will allow them to hide the RNRC building.

fgmnt

That actually works since Disney JR can be sacrificed lol

Could be a heck of a view from ToT and the Cadillac Range will allow them to hide the RNRC building.
What the Disney Jr show provides is really important to the park, but it would not be a massive haul to build a new theater or retrofit one of the other theaters on the park grounds to do the show. I think an expansion through Animation Courtyard would move the show, not end it.

The Leader of the Club

What the Disney Jr show provides is really important to the park, but it would not be a massive haul to build a new theater or retrofit one of the other theaters on the park grounds to do the show. I think an expansion through Animation Courtyard would move the show, not end it.
I could see Disney Jr easily being relocated to either the Racing Academy space or the Mickey Shorts Theater/Meet & Greets if they needed to move it.

That being said, I’m not sure this expansion would impact it. With Mermaid coming back, I can’t imagine they’re looking to replace that anytime soon. I can’t imagine they’d replace one of those buildings without the other.

RobbinsDad

Muppet Courtyard would be a good place for it.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
@Magicart87 Quoting you from the other thread so the discussion is in the right place: Is Monsters Inc still actually on the table?
It's all still fluid. I was told DHS was to be either Cars or Monsters but then late in the game whispers of Villains as Phase 2 at MK was not happening... or possibly going to DHS instead... which led to a tinfoil hat theory of TDO pairing Monsters Inc and Villains into a single land within DHS. But now that I type it out loud, sure seems like a heckofashuffle and $$$ to get rolling so whoknows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom