“Something major” coming to DHS???

Parker41056

Move Muppets to Sunset Showcase to replace Lightning McQueen and retheme RNRC to Electric Mayhem. Boom.
That's been my idea as well.
- Muppets Mayhem could offer different soundtracks like Cosmic Rewind. Create a new Muppets Vision with upgraded show, effects, etc.
- Use space where the Muppets is now for Star Wars Pod Racer expansion.
- Reskin Star Tours to something Marvel
- Tear Expand area to add Wakanda

Parker41056

Retheme it to a different action IP. The infrastructure over there is probably way too costly to remove, it'd be much easier to reskin it to something like a Mando theme and continue the SW IP farther into the park.

And get rid of the Muppets crap at the same time. Don't get me wrong, it's fine, but it's only a draw when it's 100 degrees out and everything else in the park is a60 minute Wait..
I think Disney could re-theme to a Marvel stunt show using Guardians, Black Panther , Fantastic Four, ect..

Stupido

Guardians, Dr. Strange, and Shang Chi could make for an excellent stunt show.

Guardians could be more air based with their jetpacks/space theme using rope work.

Dr. Strange could lean into the mystic arts and utilize more theatre tricks and special effects.

Shang Chi has given us some of the best hand to hand combat in all of the MCU to date.

To be honest, this is the best idea for Marvel integration I've seen for Hollywood with Universals limits.

Parker41056

Guardians, Dr. Strange, and Shang Chi could make for an excellent stunt show.

Guardians could be more air based with their jetpacks/space theme using rope work.

Dr. Strange could lean into the mystic arts and utilize more theatre tricks and special effects.

Shang Chi has given us some of the best hand to hand combat in all of the MCU to date.

To be honest, this is the best idea for Marvel integration I've seen for Hollywood with Universals limits.
Yes, and you can even incorporate some lesser known characters as well. I think it would be a huge people eater and a big draw for the younger audience.

That whole corner could turn into Disney’s Marvel area. Marvel stunt show, retheme Star tours to a Guardians attraction, and then create a Wakanda E ticket attraction with a Quinn jet focus into parking lot.

Sectorkeeper71

I’ve been in the feature animation building once or twice and it doesn’t seem to have much going on it. The Ops building definetly does though. It may be easier to relocate that than redo the parking lot, again. (I know they didn’t completely redo it, but did reconfigure things)
I will go to my grave saying the most shortsighted thing they did in the last DHS redo was not making the parking lot a garage to account for future expansion

doctornick

Is there any hopes/thoughts/plans about adding the missing table service restaurant to Galaxy's Edge (could also apply to DL) since that space is there waiting to be developed?

Or, at least in regards to DHS, could they incorporate Starcruiser's infrastructure as an add on (e.g. dinner show a la Hoop Dee Doo) to enhance the offerings of GE?

pdude81

Is there any hopes/thoughts/plans about adding the missing table service restaurant to Galaxy's Edge (could also apply to DL) since that space is there waiting to be developed?

Or, at least in regards to DHS, could they incorporate Starcruiser's infrastructure as an add on (e.g. dinner show a la Hoop Dee Doo) to enhance the offerings of GE?
D'Amaro has said that something is coming for the Starcruiser, but not yet what that might be. My assumption is that it wouldn't be a high priority given the DL Forward and BBTMR stuff they are kicking around.

PREMiERdrum

By current guest trends, there is way too much TS dining across property. I can't see them adding another at DHS without shifting capacity elsewhere. Can't imagine they'd close 50's or Sci Fi, Woody's is brand new, Hollywood & Vine is a cheap buffet that prints money with the characters, Brown Derby is the only "signature" (term used lightly) in the park, sooo... Mama Melrose? Don't think they'd go *that* route without something else happening in that corner of the park. It's nearly a ghost town as it is.

doctornick

By current guest trends, there is way too much TS dining across property. I can't see them adding another at DHS without shifting capacity elsewhere. Can't imagine they'd close 50's or Sci Fi, Woody's is brand new, Hollywood & Vine is a cheap buffet that prints money with the characters, Brown Derby is the only "signature" (term used lightly) in the park, sooo... Mama Melrose? Don't think they'd go *that* route without something else happening in that corner of the park. It's nearly a ghost town as it is.

Fair enough. I wish they would have added the table service to GE instead of TSL and had used the Roundup rodeo footprint for an (indoor) attraction instead. Would have been a better balance for the park.

PREMiERdrum

Fair enough. I wish they would have added the table service to GE instead of TSL and had used the Roundup rodeo footprint for an (indoor) attraction instead. Would have been a better balance for the park.
When was the last time any of the parks had someone guiding a long-term vision? Rohde kept AK mostly in-check, but aside from that we're coming up on 2+ decades of rotating "presidents" through with massive attrition of WDI. They've boxed themselves in time after time by simply not thinking about what could - or would - come after.

doctornick

Trying to keep this to the DHS thread....

Could someone in the know talk about what each of the backstage buildings are used for in DHS? This is the stuff behind Launch Bay (I know the old Animation offices is attached to that but not sure what exactly those are used for)

1713188322455.png

castlecake2.0

Trying to keep this to the DHS thread....

Could someone in the know talk about what each of the backstage buildings are used for in DHS? This is the stuff behind Launch Bay (I know the old Animation offices is attached to that but not sure what exactly those are used for)

View attachment 779439
1) water chiller plant, if I had to guess I’d say that probably would be VERY costly to move
2) Main operations for the park ODV
3) entertainment base
4)executive offices
5) feature animation - office and technical workers and some other departments that I shouldn’t name. The building is currently at capacity.

RobbinsDad

1) water chiller plant, if I had to guess I’d say that probably would be VERY costly to move
2) Main operations for the park ODV
3) entertainment base
4)executive offices
5) feature animation - office and technical workers and some other departments that I shouldn’t name. The building is currently at capacity.
Assuming a demo of launch bay and building 2, a new land could easily be placed behind Sunset Ranch and RNRC.

Bocabear

I thought they moved Feature Animation back to California since it was shown that producing films from Florida was too costly?...hence why they closed the Walt Disney Animation attraction to begin with...?
but there is still a division there and fully staffed?

James Alucobond

I thought they moved Feature Animation back to California since it was shown that producing films from Florida was too costly?...hence why they closed the Walt Disney Animation attraction to begin with...?
but there is still a division there and fully staffed?
My understanding is that it's no longer actual feature animation staff. It's other staff utilizing the former animation office space to capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom