The American Idol Experience - reviews!

nanna

Original Poster
So, those that have gone so far, what did you think?

I personally thought it was a very fun show that will be very popular once word gets out!!!

Soft openings from Thursday!

:cool:

EpcotServo

I'm more than a might confused, did you get in the Cast Preview, or general previews which have started? (I know Thursday, but...?)

TheDisneyMagic

I am putting no guarentee on this at all but from what I saw a few days ago there was public there, the preshow was running out the front (no one was in there though) but out the back (I think where they are going to interview people) there was many people out there both adults and children, whether these are friends and family of cast members or whether they are the public, I do not know. I personally had no luck getting in though.

Chape19714

It was alright. The show depends on the talent casted. I went in with an open mind, and was entertained. Much better than sounds dangerous. It needs a bit of tweeking, but all and all, not bad. I think fans of the show will love it, and others, like myself, will be sorta mid-range on their ratings. The judges definately save the show...mostly because they're actually pretty funny. (many are former Pleasure Island comedians).

hpyhnt 1000

I hope you're wrong. :(

Why? Long lines for American Idol = shorter lines everywhere else. While I may never go in to see this (maybe one time if I have nothing else to do), I hope its sucessful. If it entertains a majority of park guests, then I have no problem with it. Better than having a dead, empty theater in the center of DHS. :shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Why? Long lines for American Idol = shorter lines everywhere else. While I may never go in to see this (maybe one time if I have nothing else to do), I hope its sucessful. If it entertains a majority of park guests, then I have no problem with it. Better than having a dead, empty theater in the center of DHS. :shrug:

I think he's talking about AI taking away the Fantasmic daily shows. :shrug:

Chape19714

I think he's talking about AI taking away the Fantasmic daily shows. :shrug:
Well, it seems the two are getting less and less related. Fantasmic is 2 days per week, yet Idol isn't open yet. I know what they said, but it seems Fantasmic is just budget now, not a Idol issue.

goodtimes5286

but what's it actually LIKE?

Like ok now I know that CM's are the judges (because I thought they would have like wax figures of the 3 judges and depending on how good you sung, there would be pre-recorded voices, from the real judges, so u felt like you were on the actual show...... in retrospect that's kinda creapy), but what else?

Like when I went it looked like while you were waiting in line outside, you could see the person singing on T.V. could you hear them? Also what's the inside like? I bet they tried to model it after a couple locations, but like what's it actually LIKE? It looked like it might be the same type of building structure as RnRC (pre-show of course)

Details plez....

EpcotServo

Well, it seems the two are getting less and less related. Fantasmic is 2 days per week, yet Idol isn't open yet. I know what they said, but it seems Fantasmic is just budget now, not a Idol issue.

I don't think they're related at all, and I smell conspiracy in everything.
:lol:

(How you doin' by the way? long time no Chat! :wave:)

Chape19714

I don't think they're related at all, and I smell conspiracy in everything.

(How you doin' by the way? long time no Chat! :wave:)
I'm pretty good...:wave:

One great thing I have to say about Idol is that is has the feeling of a live film shoot, just like Millionaire: Play It! had. A Very MGM Studios feel to the New Hollywood Studios.

disnyfan89

but what's it actually LIKE?

Like ok now I know that CM's are the judges (because I thought they would have like wax figures of the 3 judges and depending on how good you sung, there would be pre-recorded voices, from the real judges, so u felt like you were on the actual show...... in retrospect that's kinda creapy), but what else?

Like when I went it looked like while you were waiting in line outside, you could see the person singing on T.V. could you hear them? Also what's the inside like? I bet they tried to model it after a couple locations, but like what's it actually LIKE? It looked like it might be the same type of building structure as RnRC (pre-show of course)

Details plez....
You will probably not get much info till maybe Thursday as CM are being told to keep their lips tight.

EpcotServo

One great thing I have to say about Idol is that is has the feeling of a live film shoot, just like Millionaire: Play It! had. A Very MGM Studios feel to the New Hollywood Studios.

Now if it only had Regis up on the big screen saying "SONGS & PRIZES?!?!? What is this, Karaoke Night at the BOWL-O-RAMA!?!?"

raven

You will probably not get much info till maybe Thursday as CM are being told to keep their lips tight.

No we weren't. Just no photography of any sorts.

I just got back from the 11AM cast preview (also called a technical rehearsal) and it was...ok. I didn't go in expecting much so my expectations weren't that high this time. I'll give it an If-You-Must rating.

The preshow plays a little video clip of Ryan S. explaining the audition process and then a host comes out and lists the 3 guest performers for the current show that made the cut. A cameraman then records greetings and cheers from the crowd to play in the show. Once you go in the set and lighting are very impressive and Disney did a great job re-creating the actual look and sound of the TV show. Before the show starts the host explains how to vote (buttons on the arms of the chair). Then the show starts and the host and contestants come out. Each performer has a little interview with the host before they sing. Sometimes they show the segment that was taped outside in the crowd earlier, sometimes they show a clip of the performer at the audition, sometimes there is a clip of a previous AI television contestant giving tips on their performance (obviously taped). The winner of each show goes on to perform in the final show of the night for a chance to win a Dream Pass (a sort of Fast Pass for the line at an actual AI audition anywhere in the country). There is a music video shown before the final judgement that is sung by Jordan Sparks and other past AI contestants filmed on DHS attractions and around the park.

Todays show had 3 lackluster Disney employees performing. I'm guessing by their talent that the judges didn't have much to choose from (I'm a performer as well so I think I have enough to make a judgement). The show today was a glorified karaoke show. The flamboyant winner,, who comes from the Disney Live Tour, was consistantly off pitch (as stated by all 3 judges as well). The audience chose though and they pick the winner. Not surprisingly the same audience took a quiz before the show started and 71 of them said that Ryan Seacrest was the winner of the 1st American Idol. :rolleyes:

I say if you like the show, go. The more you get into it the better it will be. But if you aren't a fan of the show and don't care to listen karaoke then skip it. I'll give it a 6 out of 10.

Disneyfanman

This single comment makes me feel very encouraged. I have missed the feeling of this in many recent attractions. The only ones that have it currently are the stunt shows and to some degree the first portion of the back lot tour. It's what I use to really like about WWTBAM as well.

I'm beginning to get that "new attraction itch".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom