The Hall of Presidents: Closed for Rehab Starting January 1

OmegaKnight

Original Poster
According to the WDW website, HoP is going to be closed for rehab for all of January and February. The calendar doesn't go past this month so who knows how long this rehab is going to last.

djkidkaz

I think it actually goes down starting in Nov. Doesn't Splash Mountain always go down for the month of January for a refurb? And Jan. 9th is the expected closure date of Space Mountain and presumably TTA? Thats ALOT of stuff not running at the MK during the month of January!

CTXRover

Quick update, as noted by marni above, the WDW website now has HOP listed as closing November 1st through the end of the current uploaded calendar (Feb 2009)

Horizonsfan

Don`t be surprised if it closes a little before then and opens a bit later than February ;)

I saw somewhere else that it's supposed to be around July. Is that about right?

I'm dying to see a post about "how HOP being down will ruin their trip and how they might just cancel their trip all together because of it".:lol::lookaroun

CTXRover

I saw somewhere else that it's supposed to be around July. Is that about right?

Right now the WDW website lists HOP closing Nov 1st. I'm hoping this rehab involves new projectors, a new storyline, new video and maybe even some updated President animatronics so that more of them can move a bit more than just nod their head. I can't believe this will involve putting in the new president, unless they have the animatronic built and somehow can quickly create the head while its closed...which I guess is a possibility.

EpcotServo

Man, that is a LONG rehab.

They better be remastering the film and replacing the projectors with Digital, or I'll be upset...

Marni, does November 1, 2008 - July 1, 2009 about right timeframe wise? It is interesting how many attractions Disney has closed at the same time, at least for a few days. I'm guessing it's all preparation work for the 40th anniversary rather than waiting last minute.

aladdin2007

Was hoping to see Imagination on the fall closure schedule instead, but not surprised to see the Presidents closure pop up. I bet they do a totally new show and presentation but with all the animatronics of course.

tirian

According to the WDW website, HoP is going to be closed for rehab for all of January and February. The calendar doesn't go past this month so who knows how long this rehab is going to last.

Let's hope it reopens with a new movie that's HISTORICALLY ACCURATE.

:fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom