Haunted mansion has reopened!

PintoColvig

HM 2.0 Now Open!

Second person to ride!

My first impression of HM 2.0....

Everything looks great! As far as I can tell, it's pretty much is as expected. New lighting AND NEW AUDIO is awesome. It's about time on the sound! Mostly DL-style changes plus a very cool new staircase scene plus a much better bride and crystal ball making WDW's HM better than its' CA cousin IMO!

More later. I'm getting back in line!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Initial reports are very good! Sounds like wdi did an amazing job. Details coming soon.

PintoColvig

Well, the line stretches way out the gates already. The sign says 13 minutes but is probably triple that now.

Here's some more detail. Spoilers ahead, as if you didn't know.

Everything (and I mean everything!) is so crisp and clear! The stretch room is brand new with automated doors. There's also a little more 'umph' added to the end. And no, there are no bats.

Changing paintings like DL's HM are now included. The Escher-esque staircase scene is just "wow"! Footsteps appear and go up and down the steps.

The armor to the right of the endless hallway moves and...is that really...why, yes it is!....a clearly seen floating candleabra!

Leota...same effect as DL but much better.

Ballroom scene...never clearer!

The bride in the attic...Video based effect with great detail. Face talks and hands move! Very impressive! The disappearing husbands in paintings effect was included but not yet working apparently.

WDW fanboys rejoice! You now have one up on DL!

Lickwid

a quick review from the park. new scenes look amazing. the staircases look like something from an mc esher drawing. there is new art work in the halls and the banquet room has some new scenes. sadly there are no bat effects I the the stretch room and some of the effects need some work. overall a great refub

napnet

And the preferred mobile device of a fanboy is the Palm Treo, Jimbo!

True that... thats what I use for live trip reports... ftp'in em from my phone to my web site :) Ok i'm not going to read the spoilers since i'm going Sunday but sure hope it is as good as i wished for!

DisneyGigi

Well, the line stretches way out the gates already. The sign says 13 minutes but is probably triple that now.

Here's some more detail. Spoilers ahead, as if you didn't know.

Everything (and I mean everything!) is so crisp and clear! The stretch room is brand new with automated doors. There's also a little more 'umph' added to the end. And no, there are no bats.

Changing paintings like DL's HM are now included. The Escher-esque staircase scene is just "wow"! Footsteps appear and go up and down the steps.

The armor to the right of the endless hallway moves and...is that really...why, yes it is!....a clearly seen floating candleabra!

Leota...same effect as DL but much better.

Ballroom scene...never clearer!

The bride in the attic...Video based effect with great detail. Face talks and hands move! Very impressive! The disappearing husbands in paintings effect was included but not yet working apparently.

WDW fanboys rejoice! You now have one up on DL!

Wow, sounds great! Thank you for the update!
I sooo hoped in vain that there would be a sneak peek last week when we were there...:(

cpeterstx

Second person to ride!

My first impression of HM 2.0....

Everything looks great! As far as I can tell, it's pretty much is as expected. New lighting AND NEW AUDIO is awesome. It's about time on the sound! Mostly DL-style changes plus a very cool new staircase scene plus a much better bride and crystal ball making WDW's HM better than its' CA cousin IMO!

More later. I'm getting back in line!

Be sure and ride it at night to see if they are making it a bit more spooky then (reference to the bats and the more spooky faces in the graveyard from previous rumors).

Can't wait to ride it myself!

Thiger

i'm dying to hear about the changes!!!
30 days and counting!

Glad to hear the ghost host is the toast of the halloween-town!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom