Haunted mansion has reopened!

Brian_WDW74

The graveyard scene now has only 2 or 3 popup ghosts in total. They are used much more effectively, and they no longer scream.

Rats! This was my one disappointment with DL's popup ghosts, that they didn't scream. I was hoping they wouldn't change it at MK. Oh, well. That's just a minor quibble for what I'm sure is a spectacular update. :)

kcnole

Does the Leota scene still have the horrible floating instruments tied to strings? Also, are the singing busts still the same, but now synched or have they been improved a bit.

Finally, is it true that there's no site of the Raven to be found?

PhilharMagician

How does Pinto go from being the first and original poster in this thread to now being the 4th post and the thread name changed all while I was gone for about 45 minutes???? :confused: :shrug:

CrashNet

How does Pinto go from being the first and original poster in this thread to now being the 4th post and the thread name changed all while I was gone for about 45 minutes???? :confused: :shrug:
There were two threads on HM opening. They have been merged together. The forum software takes the posts from the merged thread and inserts them in order by the post time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
http://www.wdwmagic.com/hauntedmansion_2007refurb.htm

Video from this morning's opening of the Haunted Mansion, including a full ride through. NOTE: Due to the extremely low light levels, most of the video is dark. However, hopefully it gives you some idea of the changes, and of course you can hear the new audio. The best way, of course, is to get to the Magic Kingdom as soon as possible to ride it for yourself.

PintoColvig

kcnole,

The instruments are still there but they could be singing "there are no strings on me". I didn't see any anyway. I'll pay closer attention to the singing busts on my way through again to answer your question about being in sync with the music. I think I saw a new Hidden Mickey a couple of rides back and am trying to confirm it. The Imagineers left the Hidden Mickey on the dining table alone.

PintoColvig

Okay. The wife finally got up and made it over here. I'm going to ride one more time through with her. It's time to stop being a fanboy and start being a husband. Did I mention it's our 10th wedding anniversary today?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay. The wife finally got up and made it over here. I'm going to ride one more time through with her. It's time to stop being a fanboy and start being a husband. Did I mention it's our 10th wedding anniversary today?

:lol: now that is dedication giving us reports whilst leaving your wife behind!
Thanks for al your updates, and hope you had a great time! Congrats on the anniversary!

startraveler

Anyone notice if the cue is wheelchair accessible. I've always had to go in the exit. Would like to take in the whole experience. Another website posted a rumor that there would be a car similar to the Nemo ride in EPCOT that could actually take wheelchairs. If so I could stop being the playful spook who keeps stopping the ride on you guys! I'll be there in three weeks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom