Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Tested today 1/19/06

SGT623

Original Poster
As far as I know, there was only one testing today for Laugh Floor and I got in! This was my first successful attempt so I can not comment on what has been upgraded since the first round of testings. The show has great promise in my opinion, but it isn't quite there yet. A few timing issues with the comedy, length of certain bits, and slightly choppy animation with some lip sync issues. I assume all of those will be fixed by opening and it should be a decent show.

BTW People where taking pictures in the queue left and right, it wasn't until just before the doors to the main show opened that they asked no photo's be taken in the show or the queue. I had already snaped a few but since there was a request, I will not post them at this time.

tomman710

Hey, you already took them and you didn't know, no harm no foul ... I say post them. I've been dying to get a look inside there.

Pabgo

You don't have to, but I say post them! I'd like to see some more pictures of it instead of those 2 that I have already seen.

EpcotServo

I also saw it today too! But, there was a second show today, and that one was half Imagineering preview, half guest preview. (I got to catch both! ) And the show was SO much better than when I saw it a few weeks ago! Everyone back then gave it a so-so, but Today's show got mostly fours and fives! (Very good and great) Not only was the show much funnier, but I think that it went from ok to must-see with a few simple changes! And also the animation is much better then a few weeks ago. Great work WDI! I think the show is getting much closer to going full-scale. I'll have more on what was going on today in the Magic Kingdom in my first-ever photo update, to be posted soon.

Jerm

I also saw it today too! But, there was a second show today, and that one was half Imagineering preview, half guest preview. (I got to catch both!:p ) And the show was SO much better than when I saw it a few weeks ago! Everyone back then gave it a so-so, but Today's show got mostly fours and fives! (Very good and great) Not only was the show much funnier, but I think that it went from ok to must-see with a few simple changes! And also the animation is much better then a few weeks ago. Great work WDI! I think the show is getting much closer to going full-scale. I'll have more on what was going on today in the Magic Kingdom in my first-ever photo update, to be posted soon.

Can you get a little bit more into what they changed? I listened to the show from back when it first started and it was ok but nothing I would have rushed to see. But I really want to hear about how they are making it better.

J

EpcotServo

Can you get a little bit more into what they changed? I listened to the show from back when it first started and it was ok but nothing I would have rushed to see. But I really want to hear about how they are making it better.

J
Lots of little things. New gags, new jokes, better timing and pacing. It's hard to compare, because other than the acts, most everything is diffrent. And Buddy, Mac and jeeze, and Mikey do alot of diffrent jokes and gags now. It just worked alot better, and the guests seemed to love it. Yea, I agree SGT623! We WDWMagic people need to start wearing nametags!
:lol:
Ok, need to start cracking on the photo update. Keep watching the skies! Oh wait...no. Keep watching the threads!

lpet11984

I also saw it today too! But, there was a second show today, and that one was half Imagineering preview, half guest preview. (I got to catch both!:p ) And the show was SO much better than when I saw it a few weeks ago! Everyone back then gave it a so-so, but Today's show got mostly fours and fives! (Very good and great) Not only was the show much funnier, but I think that it went from ok to must-see with a few simple changes! And also the animation is much better then a few weeks ago. Great work WDI! I think the show is getting much closer to going full-scale. I'll have more on what was going on today in the Magic Kingdom in my first-ever photo update, to be posted soon.

Encouraging...glad to hear there is improvement

Can't wait to see your pics!

mouselvrmom

We got in to see it on January 9th & it was pretty good. It seemed like everyone was laughing around us. We were laughing because my husband was the one who was that guy & he made lots of silly faces & such. They had changed the name of mac and jeez to Sal Monila, which the guy forgot was the name when he asked us questions at the end so it must have been a new name that they were trying out. Overall, I thought it was a good show, the kids really liked it.

OmegaKnight

I havn't had the chance to watch this show yet but hopefully soon. Thanks for the update though. Its sounding like the extra time Disney is giving this attraction will really help it out and make it a stand-out addition to the park.

palmtreegirl

I was there too! I think it has a lot of promise but it's still not ready yet. One thing that I thought stood out as a major downpoint was Mike's voice, it just didn't sound right. I'd also like to see Sully make an appearence as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom