Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

GiveMeTheMusic

The outrage is that a lot of people are against the change period. Not only that, but we are also upset about the fact that removing the sign has absolutely destroyed the backstory. It is as if Disney doesn't care at all about a proper sendoff.

They're celebrating the ride with special entertainment and merch as well as a new show mode after dark until it closes. The alternative was to close the ride completely in early September. Would everyone have preferred they did that? Or would everyone prefer they just ignore the closure altogether and ran the ride until January 2 with no acknowledgment? Most attractions just close when their time comes, there is no send-off. TDA is doing a four month send-off.

I understand many are against the change, but TDA has handled the closure in about the best possible way. The exterior is going to be covered in scaffolding shortly, but the ride will still be open for people to get last rides in. TDA has bent over backward to provide as much time for guests to ride TOT as possible and the fan community has just been merciless on them. I'm no TDA shill, but I acknowledge when they do something right and they handled this corporate mandated ride change that they didn't decide to do in the first place in the best possible way.

Earl Sweatpants

The outrage is that a lot of people are against the change period. Not only that, but we are also upset about the fact that removing the sign has absolutely destroyed the backstory. It is as if Disney doesn't care at all about a proper sendoff.
Outrage is the new national sport in America. And sadly, everyone being mad is not going to stop what the corporate fat cats send down the line. Tower of Terror is going away, and we just have to accept it. Whining and complaining that they're taking down signs while the ride is still open is fine if that's the hill you want to die on, but otherwise, its all just wasted energy.

D

Deleted member 107043

But I just feel as though the change is unnecessary, but it doesn't really matter, because when it comes to Iger and his decisions, its his way or the highway.

Is that unusual power for the CEO of a fortune 500 company to wield? You make it sound like Iger is some kind of ugly dictator. If Walt were alive it would be the same thing: he'd command changes at the the parks that he felt made good business sense. Some would be welcome with open arms while others would stink. That's the way it goes.

matt9112

I feel bad for you DLR fans....now you know how us orlando folks have felt for years sadly. The mentality spreads through managment like a cancer. God the tower.....and the cancer like growth on the back of your park now....sad days.

matt9112

Outrage is the new national sport in America. And sadly, everyone being mad is not going to stop what the corporate fat cats send down the line. Tower of Terror is going away, and we just have to accept it. Whining and complaining that they're taking down signs while the ride is still open is fine if that's the hill you want to die on, but otherwise, its all just wasted energy.

Energy im willing to waste.

BrianLo

I feel bad for you DLR fans....now you know how us orlando folks have felt for years sadly.

Both parks will have received massive investments this decade and actually have increased their total ride count, with E-tickets to boot.

Both parks have additional major expansions essentially approved and funded. E-tickets are lined up for the start of next decade, for both parks.

Neither park needed to close down attractions years in advance to do so, in fact they are basically running this one until the last possible second.

I could go on, but I shouldn't. Feel sorry for DLR when it too goes 11 years without an E-ticket. The true 'cancer' that has plagued WDW is stagnation. Let's hope they are finally learning their true problem.

matt9112

Both parks will have received massive investments this decade and actually have increased their total ride count, with E-tickets to boot.

Both parks have additional major expansions essentially approved and funded. E-tickets are lined up for the start of next decade, for both parks.

Neither park needed to close down attractions years in advance to do so, in fact they are basically running this one until the last possible second.

I could go on, but I shouldn't. Feel sorry for DLR when it too goes 11 years without an E-ticket. The true 'cancer' that has plagued WDW is stagnation. Let's hope they are finally learning their true problem.

My point was not a lack of investment my point was that piir decision making that has been the day to day in orlando has finally made its way to dosneyland.

Disneyfanman

People tell me I'm crazy, but I am OK with all of this as long as the final attraction is great. I've always felt a little sad on the TOT West Coast version because of the loss of the 5th dimension effect. Part of that feeling was always because I compared the two attractions in my head as "almost clones". If this is the beginning of a Marvel world addition, then I am all for it. I get much more concerned about decisions like the loss of Billy Hill, Paint the Night, and retro fireworks that last 5 minutes. I really don't get the "why" on that kind of stuff. This, as long as it has a decent budget, is exciting to me and gives me another reason to come on down.

yookeroo

Seems like it's a great time to be a DL fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom