Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Pam Hates Penguins

At least at that Six Flags they actually have a set to perform in front of. The version of this horrible show at Magic Mountain barely has a set or stage.

But it's really fantastic. The dated characters not seen on TV since the 1980's, the pointless remakes of old pop songs, the terrible pacing and dialogue, the stagehand standing in the doorway within sight of the audience, the bored kindergarteners losing interest three minutes in, etc.

Six Flags seems only to exist to show just how bad theme parks can be, aside from a handful of their flagship coasters.

I mean...I have been to theme parks all around the US, and most of them are even worse than six flags.

dweezil78

How was Twisted Colossus? It looks amazing!

I thought it was absolutely amazing -- especially with the dueling element which only happens if guests get on the train fast enough. I didn't realize it until riding, but it's just one long track now with just one load station so you basically have about 25 seconds to load in order to sync up with the previous train when it gets to the second chain lift. Kinda crazy.

The track itself just looks nuts, like something that happened as a result of a hurricane tearing it apart and making a mess. It really is kind of an engineering marvel. Inversions w/o shoulder restraints freaks me out too which made this even scarier! I think Revolution went shoulder-less too w/ the update? Guess that's the new thing. I have a love/hate relationship with that haha... Really cool though.

Even though the park is pretty grimey in places, I'm enjoying having an option to get my heart pounding a little harder if I want that. Plus, it's hard to beat the 15 min drive to Santa Clarita vs. the 1-2 hr drive down to Anaheim!

SuddenStorm

I thought it was absolutely amazing -- especially with the dueling element which only happens if guests get on the train fast enough. I didn't realize it until riding, but it's just one long track now with just one load station so you basically have about 25 seconds to load in order to sync up with the previous train when it gets to the second chain lift. Kinda crazy.

What's cool though is if the train in the station is about to leave, and the second train is just getting on the second lift, they'll slow the lift hill down so the train leaving the station can catch up. Has happened to me a few times.

SuddenStorm

I think Revolution went shoulder-less too w/ the update? Guess that's the new thing. I have a love/hate relationship with that haha... Really cool though.

When Revolution opened it was the first steel looping coaster, and it didn't have the shoulder restraints. For years fans of the ride had been trying to get Six Flags to take them off so it's good to see the "original" make a come back, albeit with VR.

dweezil78

What's cool though is if the train in the station is about to leave, and the second train is just getting on the second lift, they'll slow the lift hill down so the train leaving the station can catch up. Has happened to me a few times.

Yeah -- that is cool the way it works! We pretty much came to a halt on the second lift hill waiting for the next train. Any delay this causes operationally is well worth it IMO!

Californian Elitist

The track itself just looks nuts, like something that happened as a result of a hurricane tearing it apart and making a mess. It really is kind of an engineering marvel. Inversions w/o shoulder restraints freaks me out too which made this even scarier! I think Revolution went shoulder-less too w/ the update? Guess that's the new thing. I have a love/hate relationship with that haha... Really cool though.

Even though the park is pretty grimey in places, I'm enjoying having an option to get my heart pounding a little harder if I want that. Plus, it's hard to beat the 15 min drive to Santa Clarita vs. the 1-2 hr drive down to Anaheim!

Interesting, I didn't know the ride has to start at a certain time in order for the effect to work. I need to ride it! I refuse to ride Tatsu, however.

You know, I've never thought about inversions with lap bars instead of shoulder restraints until you brought it up. The last time I went on Revolution, I don't remember there being shoulder restraints, but I do remember there being a lap bar. What's crazy is at the time, I didn't find that scary at all. Now that I'm thinking about it, the idea of going on a ride with inversions without shoulder restraints does sound pretty terrifying.

Just looked at the scene from Vacation where they get on Revolution at "Wally World." There are only lap bars. LOL.

I know how you feel regarding difference in distance, though it's with a different park for me. From my house, it takes at least 45-60 mins to get to Magic Mountain. I'm at least 35+ mins away from Disneyland, and just 12-15 minutes away from Universal Studios, with no traffic on the 110 and 101.

dweezil78

I refuse to ride Tatsu, however.

Ha, why's that -- too intimidating for you? I gave it a shot for the first time last week and loved it. Was a very smooth, exhilarating ride! Only part I realllllly did not care for was sitting outside of the station at the end of the ride, waiting forever for the next train to leave, while you're still in flying position. You're totally restrained in those seats, blood rushing to your head, and frying in the hot sun... Thought I was going to have a panic attack!

USH isn't too much further from me, but I only have a cheapo AP with most weekends blocked out and no parking so I don't make it there all that often.

Californian Elitist

Ha, why's that -- too intimidating for you? I gave it a shot for the first time last week and loved it. Was a very smooth, exhilarating ride! Only part I realllllly did not care for was sitting outside of the station at the end of the ride, waiting forever for the next train to leave, while you're still in flying position. You're totally restrained in those seats, blood rushing to your head, and frying in the hot sun... Thought I was going to have a panic attack!

USH isn't too much further from me, but I only have a cheapo AP with most weekends blocked out and no parking so I don't make it there all that often.

I think you explained it perfectly when you said "panic attack." That's exactly what I would have if I were to every attempt to ride Tatsu. I can do some coasters, but something like that is just too extreme for me. I'd most likely pass out from anxiety, nervousness, and fear. LOL I have limits, and after you explained what happens when coming back to the station, I really won't be getting on.

You mentioned the heat, and holy ravioli, does it get hot at Magic Mountain. Fast rides mixed with intense heat makes for a horrible headache. Thought I was going to pass out from heat exhaustion the last time I visited the park.

Phroobar

I was referring to the Flash Pass costing money vs free FastPass/FP+ at Disney Parks, the carnival games that cost money that seem to be everywhere you turn in the park (yes, I know Disney does this as well, but at least they are at a minimum), the locker prices are higher than Disney, and the weather policy that when most of the rides shut down due to weather, but they do nothing to compensate the guest. At least at Disney only a few attractions close due to weather, not a majority of the park.

As for my location, I would prefer not to go into specifics on the internet, but I will say that I have not been to Magic Mountain. I was referring to the experiences that I have had with another Six Flags. Of course, Magic Mountain could be a completely different experience from what I have been through, and I could be pleasantly surprised. :)
Parking currently cost more than Disney for a really bad parking lot. SFMM $20 to DLR $18.

Phroobar

Is there really any difference in parking lots?
Actually yes. The sfmm one is cracked, poorly marked and buses loading zones are pretty dangerous. The buses are covered with ads and don't always pick you up at designated areas. We once stood at the loading area and buses never picked us up. One even yelled at us to walk as he sped pass. Everyone has to cross the bus route to get to the sidewalk with just a teenager that no one listens to at the intersection. Buses move really fast through there. There is no security in the parking lot and no alarm button if you need help. Good luck getting help if you car is broken into.

Ya, I would say there is a difference.

Californian Elitist

back on topic is it true the tower signs have been removed even thoughg the attraction is still operating? bad show much?

Yep, it's true, but be careful calling it bad show. You may get mocked for it, or told no signage being bad show is an opinion and not a fact (even though it's a fact), or told first-timers won't notice, so it doesn't matter, or told DCA's Tower is mediocre and we shouldn't care anyway.

NobodyElse

Yep, it's true, but be careful calling it bad show. You may get mocked for it, or told no signage being bad show is an opinion and not a fact (even though it's a fact), or told first-timers won't notice, so it doesn't matter, or told DCA's Tower is mediocre and we shouldn't care anyway.

No matt9112, I doubt you'll get mocked. If you start continuously claiming that the attraction now has "no signage", someone might question you, and perhaps point out that you're wrong (but that won't come from me).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom