Marvel teases a Journey into Imagination comic

Miss Heinous

Mission: SPACE is the second oldest pavilion in Future World after Energy. It's a bit of a technicality because the update to Imagination was bringing back an old film, but that's changing next month as well.
Well Mission: Space still feels cheap when you walk inside, that and everything screams early 2000's in there.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's like I'm really watching the credits of a 90s-early 2000s Disney movie.

Oddly enough..This Movie was to be the Tie-in for the Attraction and why Gary Sinise is your Host...
41Xq7AW8f2L._SX940_.jpg

Then they realised it was a box office flop and went the direction we have now..

NiarrNDisney

Well I finally started to collect these comics! Quick question: Does anyone know if I can find them anywhere ibn the World?
I am missing #2 from the first series and a couple from Figment 2.

MerlinTheGoat

Cast members working at an attraction aren't really solid sources of information on long-term imagineering projects multiple years out from actually happening. Imagination was actually planned to close at the beginning of this year for an overhaul, but that project was canned (not the first time a plan to overhaul the pavilion has been canned). It even got far enough that cast members in the area were warned and told to prepare, but it didn't end up happening. I personally believe that this comic was probably going to act as a sort of promotional prequel material for the new ride.

The most recent info from trustworthy sources on this forum is that there are no near-future plans change to Imagination. And my idea of "near future" when it comes to Disney projects and their obscenely slow pace at building is anything within a 5 year period. So unless leadership changes for the better soon and someone sensible and talented steps in to save EPCOT, we're a long way out to getting a decent Imagination ride again.

Last edited:

Miss Heinous

Cast members working at an attraction aren't really solid sources of information on long-term imagineering projects multiple years out from actually happening. Imagination was actually planned to close at the beginning of this year for an overhaul, but that project was canned (not the first time a plan to overhaul the pavilion has been canned). It even got far enough that cast members in the area were warned and told to prepare, but it didn't end up happening. I personally believe that this comic was probably going to act as a sort of promotional prequel material for the new ride.

The most recent info from trustworthy sources on this forum is that there are no near-future plans change to Imagination. And my idea of "near future" when it comes to Disney projects and their obscenely slow pace at building is anything within a 5 year period. So unless leadership changes for the better soon and someone sensible and talented steps in to save EPCOT, we're a long way out to getting a decent Imagination ride again.
Well with the recent budget increase for the park in place I wouldn't be such a negative Nancy.

MerlinTheGoat

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Well I finally started to collect these comics! Quick question: Does anyone know if I can find them anywhere ibn the World?
I am missing #2 from the first series and a couple from Figment 2.
The Kingdoms books have been sold throughout the parks. Of course, you can always get the hardcover editions too, though Figment 2's hardcover is set for release in March.

FigmentsFangirl

This exactly is what I mean, CMs working the ride are normally told within a few months of actual ride closure to be ready for the ride shutdown/last day. But this being said, There WAS plans for Figment to close at the end of 2014 and reopen in spring of 2016 with something redone. But that never happened. It was made clear the ride was not closing as all sorts of Figment fans rallied or some such.

But back on topic; In the second series of Figment's Imaginative {rim shot} adventures. I've only read the first two issues so far. How is the third one ? Does Figment meet Carpri or however her name is spelled ?

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
I want to get Figment and Figment 2 in hard cover.... is it too early to get on the preorder bandwagon ?
Figment's been available since last May in hardcover.
http://www.amazon.com/Figment-Jim-Z...qid=1448595876&sr=8-1&keywords=figment+marvel

Figment 2's hardcover arrives in April
http://www.amazon.com/Figment-Legacy-Imagination-Jim-Zub/dp/0785198474/ref=pd_sim_14_8?ie=UTF8&dpID=51ujUPrWVrL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR106,160_&refRID=0BYFQ9SB3QG3CQHXDMHF

But back on topic; In the second series of Figment's Imaginative {rim shot} adventures. I've only read the first two issues so far. How is the third one ? Does Figment meet Carpri or however her name is spelled ?
Basically recapped the series thus far in that earlier post linking the preview for #4. Figment does meet Capri, she's Dreamfinder's great-great-great grandniece.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
So, does ANYBODY know what all that money is going toward? If it actually goes to a pavilion that needs it I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Miss Heinous

MerlinTheGoat

Then what the hell is it going to? Holiday bonuses?
There's plenty it could be for. Illuminations has gotten tech upgrades lately, could continue in the future. Could go towards refurbs for other rides. Could even be dining related. Heck the budget may not even be related to anything show or entertainment related, could be infrastructure.

I also don't know whether Frozen and the new Soarin building/film are part of that $350 million, or if they're on separate budgets.

Trusted sources on this forum seem to have heard nothing currently in the pipeline for Imagination in the near future. I'm inclined to believe them, much moreso than cast members working at the pavilion. You'll have to ask someone like @marni1971 @articos @raven or someone else who knows more about the inner workings of the company and where the $350 million is going. Raven in particular said the other day that there aren't any near future plans for Imagination. I don't thing we have a solid idea of what specifically the budget is funding, just apparently that Imagination isn't part of that plan...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have no idea on this one. I'll be as interested as anyone else to know. I know of many plans they have from the last 8-9 years. If any are actually executed I don't know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom