Marvel teases a Journey into Imagination comic

Haymarket2008

After reading the first issue of Figment 2, it seems like it is entirely a veiled attempt to restore these characters/a commentary on the issues and problems this attraction has faced over the years.The current "institute" in the comics is not unlike the current attraction: cold and devoid of any true imagination. I'd be interested to see how this pans out. I love the ideas they are starting out with. Let's hope this makes some waves.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
It's been quite the ride the last few issues. Dreamfinder grappling with questions of his relevance in the modern era in Issue 2 lead to him becoming literally consumed by his doubts (taking the form of a nightmare creature that parasited itself on his subconscious), transforming him into the Doubtfinder. Figment escapes as the Doubtfinder transforms the school into a world of nightmares looking for whatever help he can find, eventually making his way to Capri, the girl introduced in the first issue. She's actually Dreamfinder's great grandniece and is more then eager to help Figment save her grunkle. Sneaking into the school and stealing the helmet from the first book's Mesmonic machine, Capri ends up bringing her own imaginary friend to life and they open a hole within the Doubtfinder to go seek Dreamfinder within.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-first-look-figment-2-4/1100-154234/

brb1006

It's been quite the ride the last few issues. Dreamfinder grappling with questions of his relevance in the modern era in Issue 2 lead to him becoming literally consumed by his doubts (taking the form of a nightmare creature that parasited itself on his subconscious), transforming him into the Doubtfinder. Figment escapes as the Doubtfinder transforms the school into a world of nightmares looking for whatever help he can find, eventually making his way to Capri, the girl introduced in the first issue. She's actually Dreamfinder's great grandniece and is more then eager to help Figment save her grunkle. Sneaking into the school and stealing the helmet from the first book's Mesmonic machine, Capri ends up bringing her own imaginary friend to life and they open a hole within the Doubtfinder to go seek Dreamfinder within.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/exclusive-first-look-figment-2-4/1100-154234/
This might never show up, but I'm just imagining a future issue where Figment and Dreamfinder encounter the Figment from the latest version of Journey Into Imagination With Figment aka Journey Into Imagination 2.0.

Kman101

I'm refusing to get my hopes up for a TRUE Imagination redo. We've been down this road a few times in the last couple of years.

I really hope this time it happens. And not "look! Joy and Sadness! Oh wait, there's Figment for 1.2 seconds. Yay!" And I loved Inside Out and think they'd be a good fit for Epcot (yeah, I know, come for me)

Mike S

I'm refusing to get my hopes up for a TRUE Imagination redo. We've been down this road a few times in the last couple of years.

I really hope this time it happens. And not "look! Joy and Sadness! Oh wait, there's Figment for 1.2 seconds. Yay!" And I loved Inside Out and think they'd be a good fit for Epcot (yeah, I know, come for me)
No one should "come for you" since what you say is completely true, Inside Out IS perfect for Epcot. Wonders of Life specifically.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
I personally prefer Live action, makes for a better way to tell the world of imagination and Figment, with animation you can only do so much
Got that backwards. In animation, sky's the limit and you could make the imaginary realm more dynamic then in live action where all CG fantasy worlds look the exact same whether its Oz, Pandora, Wonderland, that generic forest in Maleficent full of Froud rejects or other stuff.

Of course, my ideal animated Journey into Imagination film would probably be a gloriously insane attempt at medium blending highlighting all three animation mediums of CG, 2D and stop motion to depict the real world, the imaginary world, and nightmares/"falling down the rabbit hole" sequences respectively.

Haymarket2008

I have friends who work at JII and I'm just passing it on. Expect it to close within the next 2 years.
Despite my hesitation to get my hopes up, this does make complete sense, and would not be surprising to me. The sequence of events (hefty Epcot funding, Soarin' over the World) does leave a major opportunity open to revamp one of their pavilions once the new Soarin' opens. With the "makeover" theme in their current projects, I feel that Imagination could have its' day very soon.

Miss Heinous

Despite my hesitation to get my hopes up, this does make complete sense, and would not be surprising to me. The sequence of events (hefty Epcot funding, Soarin' over the World) does leave a major opportunity open to revamp one of their pavilions once the new Soarin' opens. With the "makeover" theme in their current projects, I feel that Imagination could have its' day very soon.
I personally love it if Energy and Mission: Space got revamps as well.

RSoxNo1

I personally love it if Energy and Mission: Space got revamps as well.
Mission: SPACE is the second oldest pavilion in Future World after Energy. It's a bit of a technicality because the update to Imagination was bringing back an old film, but that's changing next month as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom