Those that love POFQ and PORS-would you switch?

Daxiegirl

Original Poster
Plus I'm pretty stoked that now we will get to try Sanaa (I had wanted to go here on our arrival day or last day for lunch but thought it would be too difficult to get to from FQ), Boma AND Jiko!!
Yay!!!

dave&di

We stayed at POFQ last Sept and looovvved it. We have always stayed at Deluxes so the fact we enjoyed the FQ is saying something.

We chose the FQ over the RS because of the size, FQ is more compact, I also think the theming is better. RS has many bus stops, FQ buses also stop here so we got to drive through it, I found the grounds dull and even people on our buses were confused at what stops they were supposed to get off.

bethann1970

We had the same dilemma in 2010 and went with POR. We regretted it. Yes, the resort is beautiful, but for our taste, it's much too spread out. Something similar came up again this year when we booked for November, and both PO resorts were not part of free dining. I gave my daughters the option of staying an extra two days if we switched to CBR but they said absolutely not, they wanted POFQ. It's a personal choice. If you don't mind longer bus waits and a longer walk to get to the food court and shop, definitely take it. If those things are as important to you as they are to us, stick with POFQ. Good luck!

Courtney6682

POFQ is a GREAT resort...it's small...cozy...and not hard to navigate...there is only one bus stop...opposed to around 4-5 for POR.

So, what have your experiences been with the busses? Mostly good?? I'm just having a hard time picturing one stop...all I see in my head is 1500 people climbing over each other to get on lol... Staying here in 74 days and it will be our first time at FQ. Just stayed at POR 2 weeks ago for the 1st time and liked it!

MouseDreaming

So, what have your experiences been with the busses? Mostly good?? I'm just having a hard time picturing one stop...all I see in my head is 1500 people climbing over each other to get on lol... Staying here in 74 days and it will be our first time at FQ. Just stayed at POR 2 weeks ago for the 1st time and liked it!

Let me just start by saying, yes, I am jealous!

The one bus stop works out great. I know the main stop at POR gets terribly crowded, but you have to remember, POFQ has fewer guests to start with. The bus to MK is usually direct, no other stops. Sometimes, the other busses will make a sweep of POR first, before continuing on. If it does, you are at least the first ones on. And on the way back, the first ones off. We have been known to get off the bus at POFQ if it is too crowded, and just walk back to POR. Also, their line always seems to be smaller coming back from MK after closing.

Courtney6682

The one bus stop works out great. I know the main stop at POR gets terribly crowded, but you have to remember, POFQ has fewer guests to start with. The bus to MK is usually direct, no other stops. Sometimes, the other busses will make a sweep of POR first, before continuing on. If it does, you are at least the first ones on. And on the way back, the first ones off. We have been known to get off the bus at POFQ if it is too crowded, and just walk back to POR. Also, their line always seems to be smaller coming back from MK after closing.
Thank you @MouseDreaming!! I booked a bounceback 2 weeks ago without telling my husband...told him last night and he was ok with it!! Hahaha...it's for our 1 yr wedding anniv! First time as adults without kids in Disney..SUPER EXCITED!

Last edited:

Missymoe4

I've decided I won't change resorts if POFQ is excluded. The size of the resort is the main appeal to my family. My mom refuses a EVC so being close to the bus stop and the lobby is pretty important to me and the only resort that offers that is POFQ.

If it was me alone I'd make the switch but upgrade to a preferred room.

It's always good to save money. For me, I'd rather 'eat' the money and have a small place with convenient busses than a larger place (with 4 bus stops!). Plus, I think the food is delicious at FQ, especially if you loved New Orleans.

But that's just me...

Sassagoula-Rvr

We have never really had an issue at French Quarter...Waterparks can take a while to get to. But other than that...much better than our bus experience at Riverside.

The ONLY bus issue at French Quarter we have had was one time there were a few days where people seemed to lose all manners and think that they were much more important than everyone else who had been waiting for a bus...

JIMINYCR

HauntedMansionFLA

How long of a bus ride to each park?

Andy_0410

Love french quarter back there in November and I have free dining
But if it is the difference between free dining and not then swap you can still 'visit' french quarter

Seanual757

depends on the park and time of day but no more than 15 minutes unless you get stuck on Buena Vista during peak traffic time.

Yelloweaver

POR was on the list that said it offered the free dining, but I could not get a room there to take advantage. I ended up booking CBR - Pirate Room.

RonAnnArbor

I'm beginning to wonder if the FQ secret is out though...was excluded on a few of the recent offers...maybe I need to stop my POFQ cheerleading around here....:cautious:
The POFQ secret has been out of the bag for the past two years --- its the hardest moderate to book (and is the most expensive) and people who stay there often will not stay anywhere else on future visits -- its one of the most rebooked resorts in all their research...precisely because it is so small and compact, and because it has the absolutely best bus transport of all the resorts, Deluxes included...
You need only go back a few years to recall very few stroller-aged families (it doesn't have much for the young ones), and it used to cater very much to adults with its bars and entertainment options....that is LONG gone...

HauntedMansionFLA

The POFQ secret has been out of the bag for the past two years --- its the hardest moderate to book (and is the most expensive) and people who stay there often will not stay anywhere else on future visits -- its one of the most rebooked resorts in all their research...precisely because it is so small and compact, and because it has the absolutely best bus transport of all the resorts, Deluxes included...
You need only go back a few years to recall very few stroller-aged families (it doesn't have much for the young ones), and it used to cater very much to adults with its bars and entertainment options....that is LONG gone...
Do they have jazz or any good music playing in the background? I've had my eye on this resort for awhile.

RonAnnArbor

What do you mean in the background? The music they play on the busses and water taxi to POFQ is New Orleans jazz and blues mixed with pop and standard Disney music -- the music they play in the food court is also jazz/blues...There is a bar area that has live entertainment which is a mix of pop and jazz...and the pool plays pop rock

TXDisney

I've only stated at POR 2 trips. We love it as a moderate resort. We really only book moderate for quick like 5 day trips. We of course have gone over to POFQ. I easily like POR more. Just I always request a room close to the front, bc the size of the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom