What did you do?

Texas84

Thanks, broken in running shoes (2) and a pair of Keen Sandals are being packed. We've got less than a week now before Disney!

Yep, my running shoes are just for running. I really don't like walking with them. I take actual walking shoes for the parks. Are you running the Everest Challenge? I leave Friday to pick up all my teammates at the Orlando Airport.

Texas84

5.35 miles this morning, hills & humidity made it a struggle. Disney races this year should be a cake walk after training here. Explored the front part of the new neighborhood. I can probably get 10-11 miles out here without repetition.

Just saw a FB post from NIck/Donald Duck saying he did 20 miles using 0.5 mile loops. I would go crazy doing that.

imagination30

ran what was suppose to be a rainny and stormy st. jude country music in nashville on sat. - to bring my total for the year to - 163.63 and 42.10 for the month of april .. ---- here are my results!:
spoiler alert ... ( i didnt pr , like i wanted too) .. bc of humidity..
time: 2:05:04,
Overall - 3910 out of 18331
divison : 384 out of 952
Male:2140 out of 6168

5k : 27:26
10 k 55:44
10 mi: 1:32:10

pace:9:33

it showed the humidity , bc the last 3 miles killed me! ... if not for that i would have went under 2...
but had fun this year as a hero.. look for a more indeoth race report this week!:)
and i got to register early for the wdw half at the country music expo!

dreamfinder

Sat was 5k@1.5i@7:30p, Sun was 10k@1.5i@8p, today was 25 mins on the bike.

Random question for any takers, do you take your training shoes and running socks or more broken in running shoes/socks to Disney when you go? I don't want to "use up" my running shoes.

At the most, I'll use my running shoes for travel on the plane, partially so they take up less space, and partially so they don't cause everything in my luggage to stink to high heaven. In park it's Birkenstocks or FiveFingers all the way. If you want to wear running shoes, then yes, pack a separate older pair. Not just to save some miles, but many people run differently from how they walk causing different wear patterns (never mind standing around in them). An hour or two? No big deal. But a few days of heavy mileage I'd advise against.

JillC LI

Just saw a FB post from NIck/Donald Duck saying he did 20 miles using 0.5 mile loops. I would go crazy doing that.

Nick is not a normal human being -- and I mean that in the most respectful, admiring way possible! He's SUPER-human!

As for me, longest run post-RA so far: 4 miles on Saturday. The pain I have is still focused in my wrist for the time being. Yay.

Texas84

Still doing T-W-Th 3-milers. Decided to stop fighting the hills and slow down. Acclimation will take time.

Morning temps back in the 40's. Had to break out the running gloves.

LindsayLoves

Monday - legs, glutes in particular, were super sore from a strength workout yesterday so I did 30 minutes of recovery yoga and 30 minutes of a structured foam rolling/lacrosse ball trigger point work. Both these things hurt like hell but made me feel a teeny bit better.

Yesterday - 6.4 mile @ 8:40/mi average. My legs were still fatigued from Sunday strength work so I pushed off the speed work until today. This recovery run really helped shake my legs out for today. Tired legs and temps in the high 60s made this run pretty miserable.

Today - 75 degrees but with fresh legs I was able to knock out 10x400 @ 6:20-6:40 pace. Making an effort to do some real workouts in the heat, I am such a wimp when it gets hot and with my half Memorial Day weekend I better get used to it.

LindsayLoves

Planned - recovery run 30-40 minutes at lunch

Actual - ran two miles like a crazy person, under 7:30/mile pace to try to make it down to Strawberry Fields where they were giving out two VIP tickets for the Tonight Show taping this evening (my favorite band of all time, Blur, are appearing tonight so I figured I had to give it a shot). I was a minute too late and someone else snapped them up. :(
Turned around and slowly made my way back, my legs did not appreciate the fast running with no warm up after the speed work yesterday. Just over 4 miles total.

imagination30

i took a almost a week off of runing for recovery from last weeks country music half .. , but I was itching to get back out there to break my 200 mile mark by christmas .. so yes you guessed it .. it was 55 degrees with a crisp breeze , felt good / and kinda cold at the same time .. -- but did 4.32. so that put me at 167. 95 for the year and I ended April with 39.50. , so now May.. its a few weeks till race again.. cotton row 10k. so bring it also .. tomorrow is my b-day!

JillC LI

3m on TM at 10m pace which used to be easy for me, but I think it was too fast given my current condition because I started getting pain in one knee and in the ball of my foot. I guess I'd better back off a bit. This sux.

Mr mom

Have not checked in in a while, knee has been pretty good and have done some decent running. My lungs have come back, somewhat but still building. I am in florida so I picked up some new hokas. I got a pair of the constants this time as they are designed to keep me from pronating which I have a nasty problem with. Anyway 5 miles doing laps around the lake at pop century resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom