What did you do?

LindsayLoves

@Mad Stitch - I was shown this technique at a running store 3 years ago and it changed my life. I have really narrow heels and never had shoes fit properly. This technique helps so much with the wear and tear on the inside of my shoes.

Yesterday - 4 mile race in 30:01, ran the same course a month ago in 29:57 and I wanted to beat that effort and knew I could but I was beat by the heat. They had misting stations set up along the course that are normally reserved for June/July races. Legs felt fine but my breathing was off due to the heat and the massive amounts of pollen in the air (rain please come!). I have never had that much trouble breathing in a race like that. Not a fun experience.

JillC LI

It was a wonderful Mother's Day. Not only did I run 5 miles (which is the longest I've been able to do post-diagnosis), but I was accompanied the whole time by my super-speedy 15 year old son who allowed me to go at my own pace and chat about things I never get to chat about with him because it's not cool to chat with mom :) It was a great gift from him yesterday. (DD 13, my artist, made me a painting of Mickey and Minnie! I'll have to take a pic so I can post it - it's dead on.)

Sorry it was a rough day for racing @LindsayLoves.

Texas84

My right foot was the worst it's ever been last weekend. Felt like the Achilles was on fire. Why just the right foot? Doc put me on a 10-day regimen of Aleve twice a day. Seems to be helping. I ordered a pair of the New Balance Fresh Foam to give those a try. Noticed that was the Tinker Bell shoe so maybe we'll see some new Foam designs January.

Did three slow miles Tuesday. Just going to do three days this week. Another Chick-fil-A Series 5K Saturday.

imagination30

erly start again today.. kinda like the early starts ... beats the heat and the rain .. , but did 4.33 held it to about 10 pace wise until the last mile coming back home .. .. but have a race next Monday! .. so lets do this!-- I should break 200 miles by the end of this month!:). im at 182.35 now!

dreamfinder

Did a 5k race Sat, first one in almost 7 months. About 2 minutes off what I had been doing before our bundle of joy showed up, but I felt good at the end, probably could have pushed it harder. Only down side, I found out how un-stretched my legs have become, Sun ended up being 5@2i@8p followed by 4 on bike simply because my hammies were way to tense to keep running. More bike time today, but moral of the story is, stretch, stretch and then stretch some more.

lukacseven

Ran the Wild 5K Saturday and the 8K on Sunday in Wildwood, NJ (they also had a half marathon on Sunday). 26 minutes on Saturday - age group 4th place. Ran with/paced my girlfriend on Sunday. Fun course both days - start on famous boardwalk, run on paved path along the beach, on the boardwalk and 5K even wound among the rides on the piers. Not quite like running through the WDW parks, but 2 fun days of back-to-back racing. Coke, soft pretzels, caramel corn & jumbo chocolate chip cookies at finish line! Cotton t for the 5K & short-sleeve tech shirt for 8K - medals for both - plus free admission to all rides/attractions for the weekend.

LindsayLoves

Last Thursday - 14.5 miles before heading to a wedding in Massachusetts
Friday - Sunday - 0 miles. Busy having fun at the wedding and letting my feet recover from dancing all night in heels.
Monday - 5.5 miles w/ 5x400 with paces from 6:10-6:36/mi.
Tuesday - 4.1 easy miles
Today - planned 4-5 miles with 2ish at HMGP edit: 4.5 miles, 3 @ HMGP, actually I ran the 4th mile so fast (7:35) that the entire run with warm up and cool down ended up being 3 seconds shy of HMGP, oops.

The half I have been prepping for since mid-February is this weekend and I feel so unprepared. I really didn't follow a training plan and my legs were tired as heck for those 400s on Monday which made me slightly concerned. No point in worrying or trying to get the work in now, I will have to go with what I've got.
Once this race is over I want to get back into the strength work I was nailing at the beginning of this cycle to get ready for mid-June marathon training :eek:

Last edited:

JillC LI

Nice job on the races everyone (and good luck this weekend @LindsayLoves). Glad your foot is feeling better in the new shoes @Texas84. I was on a girls getaway in New Orleans for a long weekend, so tons of walking but no running for me over the weekend. Did 4 miles last night on the treadmill. Doctor tweaked my meds slightly and I've actually been 100% pain-free for the last 4 days which is the first time I've felt that way in 4 months. Still not gonna press my luck by overdoing things. I'm just so happy to be running.

Texas84

Last Thursday - 14.5 miles before heading to a wedding in Massachusetts
Friday - Sunday - 0 miles. Busy having fun at the wedding and letting my feet recover from dancing all night in heels.
Monday - 5.5 miles w/ 5x400 with paces from 6:10-6:36/mi.
Tuesday - 4.1 easy miles
Today - planned 4-5 miles with 2ish at HMGP

The half I have been prepping for since mid-February is this weekend and I feel so unprepared. I really didn't follow a training plan and my legs were tired as heck for those 400s on Monday which made me slightly concerned. No point in worrying or trying to get the work in now, I will have to go with what I've got.
Once this race is over I want to get back into the strength work I was nailing at the beginning of this cycle to get ready for mid-June marathon training :eek:

A half in May seems strange but then I've done a few in August (dumb). Good luck!

LindsayLoves

A half in May seems strange but then I've done a few in August (dumb). Good luck!

Thanks! My favorite half (Brooklyn Half) was last weekend and I had to miss it because of the wedding, mid-May can be really ideal temperature wise around here with a 7am race start. The race this weekend is in Buffalo so I am hoping for some cold Canadian air to make it comfortable. Fingers crossed on that one.

Good luck! I also have a 10K Monday. Going to be in the 70's. Calling it now, no PR. :)

Have a great race! I always do a 10k in late June and I hate myself every single year for signing up and paying money to suffer because it is always so hot. Last year I was able to come away with a PR but it was still miserable.

100% pain-free for the last 4 days which is the first time I've felt that way in 4 months.
YAY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom