Liberty Tree Tavern closing in July for near 5 month refurbishment.

tribbleorlfl

Interesting. I've been in that kitchen (in a tour when I was in culinary school) and it is ti-ny. If they want to use it for any more than they already do, it would most certainly need serious expansion. Still a little skeptical, simply because the two venues are fairly distanced and any kitchen expansion to link the two would eliminate the little bit of (needed) backstage area in between). Curious why they can't just reclaim the prior kitchen space.

QuickMemo+_2015-01-21-12-07-09~2.jpg

Last edited:

PhilharMagician

Some of this has already been talked about like the Veranda being permanently open under a new theme. The kitchens are already shared space between The Liberty Tree Tavern, Adventureland Veranda and Diamond Horseshoe, but would need updating to be able to supply the added guests. The little tidbit about it being a Jungle Cruise theme I have not heard about yet. Sounds interesting

dreamfinder

Pretty sure the potential multi use was covered in some depth in another thread. Maybe the one about the refurb? Discussions as to if the Veranda area was going to be a new public restaurant, or the location for the Club 33 WDW style was aplenty. Also had something to do with why dole whips are now available at another location.

tribbleorlfl

Some of this has already been talked about like the Veranda being permanently open under a new theme. The kitchens are already shared space between The Liberty Tree Tavern, Adventureland Veranda and Diamond Horseshoe, but would need updating to be able to supply the added guests. The little tidbit about it being a Jungle Cruise theme I have not heard about yet. Sounds interesting
Wow, didn't know it was already considered a shared kitchen (as the Veranda had been long-closed when I took the tour). Yikes, I would not have wanted to be a cook there "back in the day."

doctornick

Wow, didn't know it was already considered a shared kitchen (as the Veranda had been long-closed when I took the tour). Yikes, I would not have wanted to be a cook there "back in the day."

I've seen conflicting info on this: someone said the Veranda had its own kitchen and that only LTT and the Diamond Horseshoe shared a kitchen. Others have said all three share one kitchen facility.

Is it possible what you saw might have been part of the kitchen and that there were other parts that were closed off at that time?

Rasvar

Interesting. I've been in that kitchen (in a tour when I was in culinary school) and it is ti-ny. If they want to use it for any more than they already do, it would most certainly need serious expansion. Still a little skeptical, simply because the two venues are fairly distanced and any kitchen expansion to link the two would eliminate the little bit of (needed) backstage area in between). Curious why they can't just reclaim the prior kitchen space.
I wouldn't be surprised if, assuming the kitchen expansion will happen as was stated, the prior kitchen space would probably be converted to increase the serving footprint of the Veranda. As you stated those are very tiny kitchens. The Veranda was a quick service location and the kitchen footprint was compact when it was built. What could probably be done is reclaiming some of the old Verandah area kitchen and what turned into a break area into Backstage area. Some of the existing backstage areas will have to be taken over to expand the kitchen. The Tavern has the better kitchen to start the expansion from if it happens.

Rasvar

I've seen conflicting info on this: someone said the Veranda had its own kitchen and that only LTT and the Diamond Horseshoe shared a kitchen. Others have said all three share one kitchen facility.
If you look at an aerial view, you can see that the LTT and Diamond Horseshoe shared one and there was a small quick service kitchen for the Veranda.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I was going to say that this feels a possibility based on completely unsubstantiated stuff I've read on here over the years.
It seems that I've read about the Veranda being turned over to F&B
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...the-magic-kingdom.880663/page-65#post-6083423

The kitchen being shared space
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...onth-refurbishment.894449/page-3#post-6484229

Potential interactive style-dining being introduced
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/adventureland-veranda-the-next-club-33.886988/

We've even seen permits for kitchen work.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wdw-permits-2014.878380/#post-5859183

IF this comes into being, it's genius.

Probably means it wont.

JimboJones123

So happy to hear this type of rumor. If part of this rehab will ultimately help Adventureland in someway I am all for it. Adventureland needs more stuff to offer IMHO and a unique dining experience would help.

Especially when you compare Adventureland/LS to Adventureland/NOS in Disneyland. The depth of dining on the left coast is OUTSTANDING!

Would it kill somebody to put in a Bengal BBQ type stop instead of more turkey legs?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sounds like a great idea, but wouldn't the kitchen in Liberty Tree be some distance from the proposed restaurant? And even with a redesign, would the kitchen be able to handle the demand for both Liberty Tree and the new proposed restaurant? Liberty Tree is usually very busy and I've experienced wait times of 30 minutes once checking in for my ADR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom