Liberty Tree Tavern closing in July for near 5 month refurbishment.

PhilharMagician

Keep in mind that Dole Whips are not exclusively at Aloha Isle in Adventureland anymore .. Sunshine Tree Terrace now sells them so dont be surprised if suddenly Aloha Isle became included since it also shares common facilities...

Aloha Isle is a completely isolated room in front of the AT. Aloha Isle is separated from the kitchen area by the actual seating area. It truly is an island. They could take out Aloha Isle, which almost could be a good idea for traffic flow on busy days but AI is a really busy location. It existed before when the AT was open so I imagine it could again.

yedliW

I hope this is right.. we are flying out on the 21st, and I was afraid we would miss our favorite place to eat.

Does that mean the new incarnation of the Adventureland Veranda will be opening up then as well?

Goofyernmost

I had lunch there yesterday. I was not impressed at all. I had the Pork Sandwich (don't remember the ridiculous Colonial name that they gave it), but, I would have appreciated it if the "chef" had cut some of the large clumps of fat off the meat before they served it. Nothing to me is more unappetizing the biting into a lump of fat. Also when one orders an Iced Tea... bringing them a Coke, is not really acceptable. One person ordering a sandwich and an Iced Tea isn't all that complicated.

WDWtraveler

Liberty Tree Tavern is going to be closed from Jul. 6 - Nov. 20, 2015 for a refurbishment. Just a heads up to anyone who enjoys dining there.

Cast member confirmed today that Liberty Tree Tavern will reopen in time for Thanksgiving 2015, so the first post on this thread is still valid. The cast member noted that the new Adventureland restaurant won't be ready until early 2016 (no firm date).

Innkeeper's Club

Cast member confirmed today that Liberty Tree Tavern will reopen in time for Thanksgiving 2015, so the first post on this thread is still valid. The cast member noted that the new Adventureland restaurant won't be ready until early 2016 (no firm date).
I sure hope that's true because I'm trying to make a lunch ADR for Liberty Tree on December 11 and so far I can not do that.

randyrut

We are coming to Disney from Nov 13-22. LTT is one of our favorites and we love going there. I know it is supposed to reopen on Nov 20, but has anyone heard or seen anything about it? Just wondering since I have not heard it mentioned anywhere for a long time. Cannot make reservations as of yet even for when it is supposed to reopen. Any info would be appreciated.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I had lunch there yesterday. I was not impressed at all. I had the Pork Sandwich (don't remember the ridiculous Colonial name that they gave it), but, I would have appreciated it if the "chef" had cut some of the large clumps of fat off the meat before they served it. Nothing to me is more unappetizing the biting into a lump of fat. Also when one orders an Iced Tea... bringing them a Coke, is not really acceptable. One person ordering a sandwich and an Iced Tea isn't all that complicated.

It is when the kitchen help is illiterate in english and they can't understand the order display monitor.

JoeCamel

It is when the kitchen help is illiterate in english and they can't understand the order display monitor.

I have to rebut this, EVERYTIME I have eaten there I have had sterling service, the food was prepared properly and was exactly what I ordered. I question ordering a pork sandwich at LTT but I have the pot roast and it is excellent each time I have dined there. Usually the servers have refills for bread and drinks on the table before I have to ask for them. Nothing but praise for the staff there and I am sure it will continue when they reopen. My only quibble is that I used to be able to get a table on walkup in the morning but with MM+ I can't do that any longer.

aladdin2007

Its been hit and miss for us, in general friendly servers, but rushed, they want you in and out..the food is overrated, already preplated sitting back there so it comes out instantly. But then anymore this is how the majority of locations are operating esp in the parks thanks to the precious ddp. What once use to be amazing detailed dining locations have been whittled down to cafeteria like atmospheres and less than stellar food and service.
The turkey and stuffing here isn't horrible, but thrown on a plate that's been sitting in the kitchen who knows how long, with those cheap hard green beans Disney insists on serving everywhere , with no substitution allowed (because they are cheap) is nothing to write home about.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Its been hit and miss for us, in general friendly servers, but rushed, they want you in and out..the food is overrated, already preplated sitting back there so it comes out instantly. But then anymore this is how the majority of locations are operating esp in the parks thanks to the precious ddp. What once use to be amazing detailed dining locations have been whittled down to cafeteria like atmospheres and less than stellar food and service.
The turkey and stuffing here isn't horrible, but thrown on a plate that's been sitting in the kitchen who knows how long, with those cheap hard green beans Disney insists on serving everywhere , with no substitution allowed (because they are cheap) is nothing to write home about.

The no subs rule is more about the food being pre-plated so they literally CANNOT change the food, Computer makes a best guess about the ordering patterns and plates are made up and placed in holding ovens.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, Nov. 17. The majority of the construction walls at the rear of Liberty Tree Tavern have been removed, with the exception of the wall on the right. Fresh red painted concrete is present. It appears there will be another Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom location at the left window/door of this building, based on the "touch key" located below the window. The path to the left goes to the character gazebo.

Strong paint fumes were present all around Liberty Tree Tavern today.

IMG_6825.JPG

IMG_6826.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom