Liberty Tree Tavern closing in July for near 5 month refurbishment.

Rob562

i do believe they are QUITE close...
ltt_zpsp13v192q.jpg

And if I'm not mistaken, the kitchen(s) is the central area between all three of them. Look for the roof vents indicative of where the kitchens are. You have one set on the LTT/DH end of that section, and another set on the AV end.

They may not be all together or even directly connected, but they're pretty darn close to each other.

-Rob

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure, if this comes to be, the folks in the restaurant will be employees in a restaurant, dressed and acting a part, like 50s prime time cafe. The role will just be that of a Skipper.
They will not be asking CMs that run the JC to pick up a few shifts serving little Jimmie his chicken nuggets.
In fact, if they did this right, the disparity between the perceived dignity of the skipper and that of waitstaff should be a main component of the "role" played by the CMs at the new establishment. The jokes should hit on that topic heavily.

You don't think this is a way to save money? One little detail left out of the rumor is that the meals will actually be served on the JC, so the skippers can serve both roles for the same pay. I'm a bit concerned because I'm a slow eater. Luckily, all the boats tend to get backed up before you get to the pair of docks where embarking and disembarking occur.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
You don't think this is a way to save money? One little detail left out of the rumor is that the meals will actually be served on the JC, so the skippers can serve both roles for the same pay. I'm a bit concerned because I'm a slow eater. Luckily, all the boats tend to get backed up before you get to the pair of docks where embarking and disembarking occur.
Just imagine how many children will toss their chicken nuggets into the open mouths of the hippos thinking they are being helpful.

psherman42

I love the idea of a Jungle Cruise themed restaurant and I do hope it happens. However, as someone who has been in this backstage area before, I'm having a difficult time comprehending how it would be possible for these two restaurants to share one kitchen. There's a kitchen for LTT and one for Stands West (Which I think would include Diamond) and very little room in between. Unless there's something I missed, I'm not saying it's impossible or not happening, I'm struggling with the logistics.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Keep in mind that Dole Whips are not exclusively at Aloha Isle in Adventureland anymore .. Sunshine Tree Terrace now sells them so dont be surprised if suddenly Aloha Isle became included since it also shares common facilities...

Crazydisneyfanluke

Ive never eaten at LTT before, But i was able to reserve a table in the next 2 months. Is it worth the price and is it like Golden corral in service style or a carvery?

Victor Kelly

Jeez I forgot all about this in my trip report. Our waiter confirmed the closing. And he also stated that the new restaurant will be an A La Cart style restaurant. Mainly it is the kitchen getting the refurb.

yedliW

Ive never eaten at LTT before, But i was able to reserve a table in the next 2 months. Is it worth the price and is it like Golden corral in service style or a carvery?

I very much enjoy it. The food is very good. The food is brought to the table on a platter for you. They keep bringing out food until you say stop. It is like Thanksgiving diner every day.

Cesar R M

i do believe they are QUITE close...
ltt_zpsp13v192q.jpg
its clear the kitchen block is shared between them all or at least very close.
the center area has a lot of exhausts and looks exactly stationed in the middle

And if I'm not mistaken, the kitchen(s) is the central area between all three of them. Look for the roof vents indicative of where the kitchens are. You have one set on the LTT/DH end of that section, and another set on the AV end.

They may not be all together or even directly connected, but they're pretty darn close to each other.

-Rob

funny that there is always someone who shares the same exact views and posts sometimes before me :(

If it's going to become an a la carte at dinner again, I'm all for it. Back in the day, that's what it was anyway. These days, I won't do dinner at LTT, but I'll do lunch in a heartbeat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom