Liberty Tree Tavern closing in July for near 5 month refurbishment.

yedliW

As much as I love the idea of a Jungle Cruise themed restaurant, I hope they don't change the core of what Liberty Tree is. It is one of our favorite places to eat on property, and are disappointed that it will be closed when we go (although if these dates are right, we may be able to eat there on our last day, we are flying home on the 21st)

I love the colonial feel and the food is always great, (how can you go wrong with Thanksgiving dinner? :) )

Unplugged

Too bad the terrace and tree house aren't swapped locations. The things they could do with a dining room that overlooked the actual Jungle Cruise would be crazy fun!

I'm not just for this potential themed location, I'm all over this idea. We do need more food options and having one in Adventureland would help spread the crowds a bit. Plus the theme would (er, uh, could) inspire a fun filled atmosphere with some simple but tasty menu items. Pineapple BBQ pulled-pork Burger anyone? How about Tiki Grilled Chicken "that we promise didn't come from the Tiki Room". Totem-Rings "onion rings stacked as tall as a Tiki Totem".

dstrawn9889

Sounds like a great idea, but wouldn't the kitchen in Liberty Tree be some distance from the proposed restaurant? And even with a redesign, would the kitchen be able to handle the demand for both Liberty Tree and the new proposed restaurant? Liberty Tree is usually very busy and I've experienced wait times of 30 minutes once checking in for my ADR.

i do believe they are QUITE close...
ltt_zpsp13v192q.jpg

Goofyernmost

This concept sounds great. I love the idea of being served by Jungle Cruise skippers :)
I wonder how well this would go over with the Skippers. In spite of it's comparatively low pay, most take a lot of pride in being a JC Skipper. Seem like they would feel it is a step down to now have to wait tables. For those that are going to ask why I think waiting tables is a less then honorable job, that's not what I said at all. People who consider themselves to be in "show business" start waiting tables, discovered and move on to playing parts, not the other way around. Now if you mean that it would be other people just dressed like them... OK, it has merit.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I wonder how well this would go over with the Skippers. In spite of it's comparatively low pay, most take a lot of pride in being a JC Skipper. Seem like they would feel it is a step down to now have to wait tables. For those that are going to ask why I think waiting tables is a less then honorable job, that's not what I said at all. People who consider themselves to be in "show business" start waiting tables, discovered and move on to playing parts, not the other way around. Now is you mean that it would be other people just dressed like them... OK, it has merit.

I would assume that these would be CM's playing the role of a Jungle Cruise Skipper, but may not actually be one.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Yes, but there is a huge difference in how one perceives themselves. The two are not necessarily interchangeable.:)
I'm pretty sure, if this comes to be, the folks in the restaurant will be employees in a restaurant, dressed and acting a part, like 50s prime time cafe. The role will just be that of a Skipper.
They will not be asking CMs that run the JC to pick up a few shifts serving little Jimmie his chicken nuggets.
In fact, if they did this right, the disparity between the perceived dignity of the skipper and that of waitstaff should be a main component of the "role" played by the CMs at the new establishment. The jokes should hit on that topic heavily.

DC0703

This sounds like it would be really cool. I too think that MK really could use at least a couple more good sit down places (Tomorrowland could use a good themed sit down restaurant as well). I'd love it if they did something like Blue Bayou in DL with water and a night sky. I love those heavily themed places like that - it feels more like Disney and less like someplace I could go back home.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Especially now that Pecos Bill removed the taco salad. Grrrr.
:jawdrop:

I didn't poke my head in PB last trip, so I didn't realize that.

I shouldn't be this upset by the loss of a shell filled with a tiny glop of "meat" (quotes due to not being sure if it truly qualifies), and a bar of wilted lettuce and some various toppings that have been haphazardly mixed together by tourists in a hurry to try and lay claim to a table.

ToTBellHop

:jawdrop:

I didn't poke my head in PB last trip, so I didn't realize that.

I shouldn't be this upset by the loss of a shell filled with a tiny glop of "meat" (quotes due to not being sure if it truly qualifies), and a bar of wilted lettuce and some various toppings that have been haphazardly mixed together by tourists in a hurry to try and lay claim to a table.
And yet, you and I both are. The upshot is that, when it is open, Tortuga Tavern will let you get "chicken" instead of "beef"! We tried it with the chicken last weekend and were very pleased as it is MUCH less greasy than the beef was. I think what it comes down to is that the taco salad provided some variety in a park that doesn't have much in its counter service offerings. If it was Epcot, I wouldn't lament the loss like I do at MK. Pecos Bill really dumbed down its menu--just sandwiches and the sweet potato fries are gone now, too. I did like the new chicken pot pie they added to Columbia Harbour House, though. And those garlic knots they added at Pinocchio's. Yum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom