Island Supply in the Magic Kingdom's Adventureland to close next week

dreamfinder

Look at that crowd! :jawdrop: I always figured the restaurant had shut down from lack of use (not too hard to imagine if you have to take a raft to get there...) but it looks really busy here!

Add in that they needed to take the supplies over via a raft as well. Limited operating hours led to a reduced menu which led to a smaller yet menu which led to vending machines. That whole thought process that by taking something away, no one wanted it in the first place. Kinda like unique merchandise. They don't have it, so everyone buys the generic stuff, so no need for unique stuff. Tada!

Magic Feather

Believe me or don't ( this is a bit odd in my opinion) but, I have recently been told that this will not become MM+, or DVC, or attraction themed shop, or even a Heavily based Disney shop, but something along the lines of Universal's Oakley in-park stores, but take this with a grain of salt, I have only had two sources telling me this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Believe me or don't ( this is a bit odd in my opinion) but, I have recently been told that this will not become MM+, or DVC, or attraction themed shop, or even a Heavily based Disney shop, but something along the lines of Universal's Oakley in-park stores, but take this with a grain of salt, I have only had two sources telling me this.
That is exactly the info I have. High-end sunglass store.

doctornick

Strange. Certainly not totally inappropriate given the Florida sun and there is potential for such a shop to be themed well to the tropical ambiance of Adventureland. One would hope that there would be unique Disney-inspired sunglasses among the bunch, but that strikes me as unlikely which would be unfortunate.

Nemo14

I can't wait to buy these there:
th

Macca250

Is the push for selling more sunglasses so guests will be visually impaired? Therefore in-able to notice a fall in standards? :joyfull: (I jest, I jest)

Oriolesmagic

A store I usually won't go into replaced by another store that I will rarely go into. It's a wash for me.

Sorry to those who enjoy the current store! :(

SteamboatStitch

:grumpy:...

I obviously don't know the prices, but I can gurantee they would be more expensive than elsewhere, and there is the main problem. It's something I can find off property, and for cheaper. Disappointing.

I barely shop anymore at Disney, not only is the stuff all the same in most of their shops, but it's overpriced stuff you could get at a local mall. But then again that's the mindset they've been going down now for over a decade.

Next Big Thing

Well, the store this Oakley shop is replacing what was a third party store anyway. I can't think of the brand but they sold everything from shirts, tank tops, shorts and bathing suits in there. Not saying I like the move, but again, Disney has always had in-park vendors/sponsors.

Sure Memento Mori is doing great, but is replicating a version of that to Tiki/Jungle Cruise merch going to make them more money than a contract with Oakley will? This is a business decision and if they thought a store like that would make them more money than putting in an Oakley shop, they would've done it.

Lee

Adventurer
Sure Memento Mori is doing great, but is replicating a version of that to Tiki/Jungle Cruise merch going to make them more money than a contract with Oakley will? This is a business decision and if they thought a store like that would make them more money than putting in an Oakley shop, they would've done it.
Sadly...that's exactly how they look at it.
Retail as part of the "show" is slowly vanishing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom