Island Supply in the Magic Kingdom's Adventureland to close next week

jdmdisney99

That is the open air store. There was a store on the right when exiting. You could literally walk through it and back to the entrance. Now it is closed off and used only for storage.
Ah, I see. The House of Treasure, correct?
house_of_treasure.jpg

dreamfinder

If they are adding a Jungle Cruise store, do you think that mean they'll also be adding onboard photos/video as well? and maybe the updated music and FX that Tokyo Disneyland just got?

I for one cannot wait for the opportunity to purchase my MemoryMaker photo of the party next to me looking bored out of their skull, since they don't understand how hippos could take out a plane..... Tried explaining it to someone once, they didn't get it.

fngoofy

Just what do you get out of Jungle Cruise, may I ask? What I get out of it is this: a ride through water seeing a bunch of dated AAs and listening to awful puns spouted by the Jungle Guide. I've ridden it twice, and I left it feeling very embarrassed. For the park. I think Walt would have ripped it out a long time ago. It's not awesome and it's not very amusing; it's painfully antique and cornball, which I guess is okay if you like that kind of thing. Seriously, I'm not just criticizing the ride here, I'd really like to know what you find fun about it. Lee, jump in here if you'd like (the best thing on property? Really?). Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I'm just stumped by any kind of strong regard for the Jungle Cruise.

A Jungle Cruise shop would make sense, though; pith helmets and bomber jackets and tiki stuff too would probably sell okay. I bet it won't be nearly as popular as Memento Mori, however.

Seriously, I go on it to see "the Back Side of Water." I really do, love that joke.
IF you have a good skipper it is a fun time.
For us, a good skipper:
1) Knows how to work the mic.
2) Does not make it about themselves
3) Has some sort of comic timing

ONE pet peeve I have is that they all mess up the butterfly joke.
They all say "they range in size from 12 inches all the way up to a whopping 1...foot."
The joke should be "they range in size from 1 foot all the way up to a whopping 12...inches."

If we could get a campaign going to fix this I would appreciate it.
WHO's WITH ME!!

J_Carioca

I love this store. I remember it from my first trip as an adult, about 20 years ago. I never buy anything in it now, but I love going in and am sad to see it's closing. I'll be even sadder if it ends up being a FP+ kiosk.

Goofnut1980

I remember the days when merchandise was specific to an area/attraction. I am glad to see TDO taking that approach again. The reason we never go into every shop and spend money is because of the redundancy from shop to shop. There is never the uniqueness to the merchandise. When you can't find it anywhere else on property, one will go out of yhe way to visit that park/shop and spend money. It just makes sense.

Goofnut1980

And this goes for dining experiences also. I see many people on other threads comment on dining locations that have been shutdown for years, sitting empty. They should retheme them and open them up, offering unique dining offerings akin to what could be done with merchandise locations like Memento Mori.

And we know very well that the parks need more unique food locations. Create more table service locations. That is the one thing that frustrates me more than anything. Everything in MK is mostly fast food, except three locations for a park that can hold 100,000 people on any given day.

I think Dole should move over next to the Tiki Room.. They certainly have the lines for it, and it would create additional space. We don't stop half the time because of the single long line.

Goofnut1980

Oh God I would die if they brought back Aunt Polly's. I heard the main reason they closed it was that they didn't want to have to pay for the labor to bring over supplies in the morning via raft (there's no utilidor access to Tom Sawyer Island).

What was Aunt Polly's. I do not ever remember going there growing up!

Oriolesmagic

What was Aunt Polly's. I do not ever remember going there growing up!

Simply a fun place to kick back and relax on Tom Sawyer Island. If memory serves me correctly, at one point, they served lunch but eventually it just became a dessert and drink counter service place. As for lemonade, I see that they have Minute Maid, but for some reason, I too remember them having REAL lemonade. ;)

IMG_0216.JPG

The menu after it became a dessert-only establishment.

0524_079.jpg

Facade. Is the sign still there??

Obi Walt Kenobi

If tne Tom hanks Tim Allen jungle cruise movie gets made I could see that Disney would be gearing up to open a JC store. It would have the possibility of gaining popularity

Goofnut1980

Simply a fun place to kick back and relax on Tom Sawyer Island. If memory serves me correctly, at one point, they served lunch but eventually it just became a dessert and drink counter service place. As for lemonade, I see that they have Minute Maid, but for some reason, I too remember them having REAL lemonade. ;)

IMG_0216.JPG

0524_079.jpg

Dang, thats sweet!

FrankLapidus

Seriously, I go on it to see "the Back Side of Water." I really do, love that joke.
IF you have a good skipper it is a fun time.
For us, a good skipper:
1) Knows how to work the mic.
2) Does not make it about themselves
3) Has some sort of comic timing

I remember one time years ago when the skipper on my boat was going through the safety spiel at the end of the ride and ending it by saying "please watch your children because if they get lost they will be taken over to It's a Small World and nailed to the floor where they will be forced to sing the same song for the rest of time."

I can only remember it once and that was years ago, does anyone know if this was part of the spiel and has since been removed or just the skipper taking some creative liberties? It got a laugh out of my boat at the time.

Oriolesmagic

I remember one time years ago when the skipper on my boat was going through the safety spiel at the end of the ride and ending it by saying "please watch your children because if they get lost they will be taken over to It's a Small World and nailed to the floor where they will be forced to sing the same song for the rest of time."

I can only remember it once and that was years ago, does anyone know if this was part of the spiel and has since been removed or just the skipper taking some creative liberties? It got a laugh out of my boat at the time.

Check out this site, it has a great number of Jungle Cruise lines!

http://www.themedattraction.com/jungle.htm

MarkTwain

IMG_0216.JPG

0524_079.jpg

Look at that crowd! :jawdrop: I always figured the restaurant had shut down from lack of use (not too hard to imagine if you have to take a raft to get there...) but it looks really busy here!

BigThunderMatt

Look at that crowd! :jawdrop: I always figured the restaurant had shut down from lack of use (not too hard to imagine if you have to take a raft to get there...) but it looks really busy here!

The hair style on that kid in the center of the frame also dates the picture severely. Shows how long the place hasn't functioned as a quick serve establishment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom