Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

bmarkelon

Oh my, I had some serious catching up to do! Backward thong buddies foreva!! Way cool trip report home girl, loved every minute of all the pics, food, silliness, videos, dancing and or course magic! I actually may be going on my first Disney Cruise next year and this was the one we're looking at. SIGN ME UP!

Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with us, it's obviously been thoroughly enjoyed by all. :happy:

FlaggNL

Thank you so much for following along! I am counting down with you until your trip! I can't believe yours is coming up so soon! It's crazy how time flies, feels like yesterday you were telling me you wanted my trip to come so yours would be closer! And here we are :( LOL

yeah here we are :) Just 8 days to go! A day work, weekend, 2 days work and then packing the stuff! Next Friday morning 09.00 (local) ready for take-off! And thanks for counting down with us, makes to time goes by twice as fast :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Oooo! I'm going to have to check that out!
'

It's see ya reel soon! They are such a fun cute couple and they take videos of their adventures at Disney! I watch them all the time! :)

Great Job Nicole! As usual loved EVERY minute of it.

Glad you guys had a great time and everything went smashingly well.
Looking forward to your next TR.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you followed along! I hope I get to go back soon :(

I have stalked these boards for a while and have completely enjoyed your trip reports (pictures and commentary). You make me smile! I have finally joined the boards to be able to comment and maybe write my own someday. Thanks for the smiles and laughs (and food pictures to drool over)!

Your comment made me so happy! Thank you so much for reading, I like to remember my trips by writing about them, because so much gets lost if you don't get it down right away! Pictures will always bring back memories, but I think having a report just helps you to actually re live the experience. I hope you write one! Thanks for reading mine!

Really enjoyed your report. I love how much fun you two had.

:) :) Thank you!

Oh my, I had some serious catching up to do! Backward thong buddies foreva!! Way cool trip report home girl, loved every minute of all the pics, food, silliness, videos, dancing and or course magic! I actually may be going on my first Disney Cruise next year and this was the one we're looking at. SIGN ME UP!

Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with us, it's obviously been thoroughly enjoyed by all. :happy:

:) You are too sweet. I am glad you enjoyed! I took food pictures of everything! LOL.. my friend though I was insane but I needed to have the actual photos! I hope you get to do the Disney Cruise, it's a totally different experience from the parks, but it is still Disney. :)

Thank you for the wonderful trip report. You two have the most fun!

Thank you!!! And we really do lol!

Wonderful reports. We are going to MK next December (no time for the other parks unfortunately) and now I am looking forward to being there even more! :)

AHHH! Enjoy! MK during the holidays is probably EXTREMELY magical. I want to go with you ! haha

yeah here we are :) Just 8 days to go! A day work, weekend, 2 days work and then packing the stuff! Next Friday morning 09.00 (local) ready for take-off! And thanks for counting down with us, makes to time goes by twice as fast :)

I hope your trip is amazing! I can't believe it's here! :)

Sooooo, are you going back again yet?

I WISH!!! HAHA!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Sorry it took me to long to reply to everyone! I was training for toughmudder and was getting really depressed coming on the forums! I think I'm OK now.. LOL.. and I finished my second toughmudder! :)

I'm wearing shorts, mind you... not pants!
0CA601A7-1605-49E8-8A75-FB591CD0BA81_zpsbatkaz8z.jpg

5C19A271-01BB-44B4-BC9D-A8D59372F4C5_zpssxlwzlbl.jpg

1E311579-2678-41DF-B41E-25A52F6941D6_zpssgkhjusq.jpg

Thanks to everyone for following along.. I hope I can share another adventure with you soon! And thank you for your patience! I love you all, my fellow Disney obsessed people! :)

LisaBelle

I finally got all caught up. As usual, this was a fabulous report. Your photos of Castaway Cay were stunning! I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but haven't convinced the family to do it. Maybe showing them your report will do the trick. You girls make every minute look fun! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. Am super sad that I won't have a pre-trip or trip report from you to read for awhile!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I finally got all caught up. As usual, this was a fabulous report. Your photos of Castaway Cay were stunning! I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but haven't convinced the family to do it. Maybe showing them your report will do the trick. You girls make every minute look fun! Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. Am super sad that I won't have a pre-trip or trip report from you to read for awhile!

Thank you for following along!! You MUST DO a cruise!! This is a demand!! Haha :)

geebee721

Awesome trip report! Im going through major Disney withdrawals/depression and reading this report made me feel better! LOL We went this past February and I feel like I haven't been in 10 years! Loved the pictures :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Awesome trip report! Im going through major Disney withdrawals/depression and reading this report made me feel better! LOL We went this past February and I feel like I haven't been in 10 years! Loved the pictures :)

I know the feeling! I am currently so disney depressed. I was watching disney videos at the gym while I was on the stair master and started hysterically crying. People must think I'm insane!! I want to go back!! :(

mrdrift

Wow that Mudder competition looks like a blast. Thanks for sharing all of the beautiful cruise pictures with us. It is always a treat to read your trip reports and this one was again a great one. Will be watching for your next adventure you post on the forum.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Congrats on completing your second Tough Mudder. I've been thinking about doing one, but that electric shock obstacle sounds a little scary. How bad is it?

AHHH! Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but the shock hurts! You do have the option to bypass it, in case I scare you away from tough mudder! Overall, the experience was amazing. You want to give up, but everyone motivates you to finish.It is a crazy surreal feeling. Before the course, you are given a motivational speech and we were informed that two blind individuals had just completed the course, as well as a man with leukemia with only six months to live. He was doing the course.. twice. It really tests your body and proves all that your are capable of. The human body is an amazing thing, but the human mind is stronger.. if you think you can do.. you can!

:)

FlaggNL

Post Disney Blues... that's what we had after October 2014 and also after November when we decided not to go in 2015. But sometimes you have that days... the days that everything changes :) Take a look at the PTR ;):angelic::cat::joyfull:

TinkaBella

I just finished reading your TR, and LOVED it!! I'm sad you're not at Disney this very moment!! I'm sad for me too, right?! Who wouldn't want to be there RIGHT NOW trying on hats, strolling up Main Street USA, eating a cupcake!! I love the adventures you and your friend take. What fun and wonderful lifetime memories. Oh I use the term "Linner" as well, haha :)
I'm am surely sick of the snow but definitely wouldn't mind Elsa making it snow in Florida, how MAGICAL!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom