Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I just finished reading your TR, and LOVED it!! I'm sad you're not at Disney this very moment!! I'm sad for me too, right?! Who wouldn't want to be there RIGHT NOW trying on hats, strolling up Main Street USA, eating a cupcake!! I love the adventures you and your friend take. What fun and wonderful lifetime memories. Oh I use the term "Linner" as well, haha :)
I'm am surely sick of the snow but definitely wouldn't mind Elsa making it snow in Florida, how MAGICAL!!!

I am sick of the snow too!!! I am currently off from work thanks to mother nature and am Disney Dreaming... I'm glad you found some warm solace in my report.. haha! Thank you for reading, and will this eternal winter ever end?! I swear I've spent enough on oil that I could have went to Disney.. twice. UGH responsibilites :(

blreinsel

I just came across your TR today and was immediately hooked! I read it from start to finish in very little time. :) I loved all of your pictures and felt like I was actually there rather than reading about somebody else's fun! I'm going to go and read your previous TR next!

My best friend and I have taken 2 trips to WDW together, and are anxiously awaiting our 3rd trip together in June 2015! This will be our first time staying on property (I stayed at AKL once when I was young, so don't remember it all that well) so that's extremely exciting for us, too!

After reading this TR, as many others have said, I really really really want to go on a Disney Cruise! I shall start my research and planning tonight! :inlove:

Thanks for sharing and helping with the Disney blues!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I just came across your TR today and was immediately hooked! I read it from start to finish in very little time. :) I loved all of your pictures and felt like I was actually there rather than reading about somebody else's fun! I'm going to go and read your previous TR next!

My best friend and I have taken 2 trips to WDW together, and are anxiously awaiting our 3rd trip together in June 2015! This will be our first time staying on property (I stayed at AKL once when I was young, so don't remember it all that well) so that's extremely exciting for us, too!

After reading this TR, as many others have said, I really really really want to go on a Disney Cruise! I shall start my research and planning tonight! :inlove:

Thanks for sharing and helping with the Disney blues!

Thank you so much for reading and your sincerely sweet comment!! You are going to have such a blast in June when you go!! June seems like a perfect time to visit the parks... I am soooo jealous!!!

You should definitely write a trip report so I can live vicariously through you.. Muhaha... But honestly you are going to have a blast and I'm so excited for you to stay on property!!

blreinsel

Thank you so much for reading and your sincerely sweet comment!! You are going to have such a blast in June when you go!! June seems like a perfect time to visit the parks... I am soooo jealous!!!

You should definitely write a trip report so I can live vicariously through you.. Muhaha... But honestly you are going to have a blast and I'm so excited for you to stay on property!!

You're welcome! We're definitely excited.. we're both elementary teachers so are going the week after school is out for the summer. We usually get out of school a few weeks ahead of most districts, so we're really hoping to beat the summer crowds. :)

I've been wanting to write a TR for my past two visits and just never did. So I'm thinking that it's time to get "serious" and write one this time. ;)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You're welcome! We're definitely excited.. we're both elementary teachers so are going the week after school is out for the summer. We usually get out of school a few weeks ahead of most districts, so we're really hoping to beat the summer crowds. :)

I've been wanting to write a TR for my past two visits and just never did. So I'm thinking that it's time to get "serious" and write one this time. ;)

My friend is a teacher so that's what we had originally planned! We wanted to go the day after she got done in June, but we ended up having so many snowstorms and her school year end date kept getting pushed back. :( August proved to be an amazing time but I'd love to hear how June is! We went the previous year in July and there were just TOO MANY tour groups. I honestly don't think there's a bad time to go to Disney but it's fun to try all the options!

So excited for you :)

blreinsel

My friend is a teacher so that's what we had originally planned! We wanted to go the day after she got done in June, but we ended up having so many snowstorms and her school year end date kept getting pushed back. :( August proved to be an amazing time but I'd love to hear how June is! We went the previous year in July and there were just TOO MANY tour groups. I honestly don't think there's a bad time to go to Disney but it's fun to try all the options!

So excited for you :)

I worry about that happening to us, too, but fingers crossed that we have enough snow days built into our spring months so it won't become an issue! We're being optimistic. ;) We went the first week of August last year and the heat and crowds were just terrible. I agree that there isn't a bad time to visit, but hopefully June is a little more tolerable for us. :)

Thank you so much! I'm anxiously awaiting your announcement about your next trip. ;)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I worry about that happening to us, too, but fingers crossed that we have enough snow days built into our spring months so it won't become an issue! We're being optimistic. ;) We went the first week of August last year and the heat and crowds were just terrible. I agree that there isn't a bad time to visit, but hopefully June is a little more tolerable for us. :)

Thank you so much! I'm anxiously awaiting your announcement about your next trip. ;)

I know, I'm waiting too.. LOL! I need to go back! That Disney itch can never be satisfied! It just gets itchier with each trip.. haha

:)

draybook

How's April in Disney? I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to take me sometime not in the summer!

Never been during that time but hoping for the best. We've only been in February, March, September and December. Touring Plans has April 9th-12th pegged between a 6 and a 4 during those 4 days, so I certainly hope it's that lax. For comparison, this trip we just took in February went from a 2 to a 10 in a split second. If we manage to hit the parks after the Con I'll let you know how it is!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Never been during that time but hoping for the best. We've only been in February, March, September and December. Touring Plans has April 9th-12th pegged between a 6 and a 4 during those 4 days, so I certainly hope it's that lax. For comparison, this trip we just took in February went from a 2 to a 10 in a split second. If we manage to hit the parks after the Con I'll let you know how it is!
I wouldn't trust Touring Plans low numbers for the week following Easter. I have been that week before and waits were as long as I've ever seen...300 minutes for Soarin?!! What?? MK was also closed due to capacity. They were not allowing guests to board the monorail at Epcot to the TTC unless you were a Disney resort guest. (We were so we could ride.)

At the time I vowed never again to visit WDW the week before or after Easter. Apparently I'm not good at keeping Disney vows, as I too will be there that week with you! But when you have a teacher in the family, you go when the breaks are... :rolleyes:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster

Thank you! Currently saving for my next trip but the brutal winter is stealing all my Disney money for oil! :( Hopefully winter 2015 or spring 2016 I can get back to my home! :)

StephK

Thank you so much for your TR! I only came across it last week & greedily read it all as quickly as I could. You are seriously a girl after my own heart, its hard explaining to people why I want to travel 24 hours to spend 2 weeks at Disney World, nobody gets it except the people on these forums and you explain the feeling so well! You have convinced me to add a cruise to the beginning of our stay & try to include a few nights at Wilderness Lodge (If i can afford it). Lol.

Thanks again for the entertainment it looks like you and your bestie had the absolute trip of a lifetime :)

mishel635

AMAZING trip report!!!! I've never been interested in taking a cruise, but you've convinced me to add a Disney cruise to my "Future Vacations" list. (It's pretty long. Lol)
Thanks again for sharing your amazing trip with us! I was avoiding the forums for a bit because it was too depressing for me, but now that I have a trip planned for December, I'm back!!!!! And I'm finally going to the world with my best friend too!!!! So excited! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your TR! I only came across it last week & greedily read it all as quickly as I could. You are seriously a girl after my own heart, its hard explaining to people why I want to travel 24 hours to spend 2 weeks at Disney World, nobody gets it except the people on these forums and you explain the feeling so well! You have convinced me to add a cruise to the beginning of our stay & try to include a few nights at Wilderness Lodge (If i can afford it). Lol.

Thanks again for the entertainment it looks like you and your bestie had the absolute trip of a lifetime :)

Thanks so much for reading! It's been hard for me to come on the forums and look back at my memories without a new trip planned! I NEED TO GO BACK HOME! I am excited for your trip and am so glad there are people on these forums that just get it! Disney is something I will never get enough of... People literally think I'm insane when I tell them I don't want to travel anywhere but Orlando. The memories made there just cannot be beat!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
AMAZING trip report!!!! I've never been interested in taking a cruise, but you've convinced me to add a Disney cruise to my "Future Vacations" list. (It's pretty long. Lol)
Thanks again for sharing your amazing trip with us! I was avoiding the forums for a bit because it was too depressing for me, but now that I have a trip planned for December, I'm back!!!!! And I'm finally going to the world with my best friend too!!!! So excited! :)

I am sooo jealous! Can I come with you? We can be best friends?! LOL.. but seriously.. have the most wonderful time! I want to go in December sometime in my life.. Christmas in Disney, what could be better?!

mishel635

I am sooo jealous! Can I come with you? We can be best friends?! LOL.. but seriously.. have the most wonderful time! I want to go in December sometime in my life.. Christmas in Disney, what could be better?!

I think we would all have a crazy fun time together!!! Lol. We are going to attempt a modified drinking around the world one evening- wish us luck!!!
And I really can't contain my excitement over this trip, more so than usual!!!!! My favorite time of year at my favorite place on earth with some of my favorite people... What could be better!?!?!? :)

Disney Coco

Just finished reading your trip report! You have a serious talent for conveying the magic of Disney! I would like to be the third musketeer with you and your friend! Counting down to my next trip, and my first trip report! 130 days and counting!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I think we would all have a crazy fun time together!!! Lol. We are going to attempt a modified drinking around the world one evening- wish us luck!!!
And I really can't contain my excitement over this trip, more so than usual!!!!! My favorite time of year at my favorite place on earth with some of my favorite people... What could be better!?!?!? :)

Good luck! I have complete faith in you :) If I can manage, so can anyone! LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom