Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Hi Nicole, thanks for sharing this amazing report with us all. I am literally crying that it's all over! Like you say we all "get it" it's other people in this world who are strange in not loving Disney so much - right!?
I loved that mirror and will def be finding that one in November when I leave "again" for Disney. My friends don't ask where I am going on holiday any more as they just know it's Disney all the way. Might consider a cruise now after this report.
Thanks again for another great trip report it was amazing

Exactly, us Disney lovers are the true understanders! If you fully immerse yourself in all that Disney has to offer, whether it be rediscovered childhood, an escape from reality, or simply a vacation destination, you will "get it". There aren't enough words to describe my feelings for all that is Disney, and I thank you for following along while I shared my trip. I still cannot believe it's over! I hope you try a cruise, I think you would really enjoy it! It's a completely different experience from the parks, but it still has the distinctive Disney quality. :)

Thanks for this marvelous trip report! Castaway looks amazing! Still counting down for our trip, and reading TR's like your really helps a lot :) Thanks for the share!!!

Thank you so much for following along! I am counting down with you until your trip! I can't believe yours is coming up so soon! It's crazy how time flies, feels like yesterday you were telling me you wanted my trip to come so yours would be closer! And here we are :( LOL

Nicole, I thoroughly enjoyed your trip resort! It's so sad to see it come to an end. I look forward to your next Disney vacation.

Thank you :) I look forward to my next Disney vacation too! I hope it's soon, there's so much happening down there I can't wait to experience all the new attractions :) I need to get back by 2017 the latest, so I can get to my beloved animal kingdom rivers of light show!

Excellent report! I enjoyed reading every bit of it. Hope you can return soon and give us more of your adventures!

Thanks so much! I hope I can return again soon! Maybe Disney will send me some deals soon.. hint hint Disney! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Awesome TR!
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading!! :) :)

Excellent report, Pony Boy...err, I mean Nicole!

The photos, the narration, videos, the commentary! Great stuff!

I tried! Haha.. I am glad you enjoyed! :) I wish I was still there!!

Awe! So sad it's over! But I'm glad you had a wonderful trip! Can't wait till you have another one booked for next year! As I said in an earlier comment, I have booked my first Disney cruise for June, on the Magic. So I loved reading your account of the cruise! I have been on 3 Princess Cruises (which I really loved), 2 Norwegian cruises, and one Royal Caribbean. I always say that there is no bad day on a cruise ship, just like there is no bad day at Disney. But I think I'm going to enjoy the Disney Cruise even more than all the others based on your description! It sounds like they just give that extra umph of service! And I can't wait to see a cruise through my daughter's eyes! Come back soon!!!

You will LOVE the Disney cruise! It has all the magic of Disney, but on a ship! I can't wait for your trip! I definitley want to do more cruising in my future, would you recommend any of those cruise lines? Why can't life just be one big vacation? I'd go to Disney for six months, and six months cruising LOL

Great TR!

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! My pictures aren't anything like yours, but hopefully they still captured the magic! Thanks for reading :)

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for following along :) :)

I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY! :(

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Amazing trip report. Sold the cruise to me and brightened my day when reading. I love Disney (pretty sure we all do here!) and I love how much you love it too! How can anyone be crazy loving a vacation like the one you just had?! The people who don't get it are the crazy ones!

Sad that the report is over... I'm sure you'll be back though and I look forward to reading again! (So you're going back ok? I said it, so that means you are! And preferably in the next year so that I have something to keep me going until my possible return... Ok? OK???! ;) :D)

Thanks for a great read.

Thank you so much for all your comments. I'm glad you get my Disney feels. They just do something to me, I tell ya! I am hoping your statement ensures that I am indeed going back next year! What would 2015 be without a Disney trip of some sort? I swear I am a much happier person working 51 weeks out of the year only if I know I have that 1 week for Disney! I love your trip reports too, so I'm glad you were able to relate to mine! Thank you so much for your responses, you made me :)

:(

So sad it's over. but so glad you had so, so much fun!!! You must start planning your return trip immediately!

Planning is one of my favorite parts, so hopefully I will be writing a pre-trip report soon! UGH I must return!
:)
What a great trip report. I looked forward to hopping on WDWMAGIC daily to see if you had posted anything and I'm sorry to see it end! :(

Plus our beloved Outlander won't be back on until April 4th!! What is up with that?!! What am I to do?

OMG OUTLANDER! I am currently on the 5th book and don't know how I am going to survive until April! I have been obsessively looking at pictures of Sam Heughan, he is the perfect Jamie in my eyes! How are you like the Starz series?!

Thanks for reading my report :) Now I have no Disney writing, and no Outlander.. what's a girl to do?!

Fantastic trip report! Thanks for sharing. You made a Disney cruiser out of me! Can't wait to book mine.

I am so excited for you! It's truly an amazing time! :)

That was an excellent ending to a magical DREAM vacation. The pictures turned out really fantastic along with the videos. The sunrise pictures were amazing. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Thank you so much for following along. Writing the end was truly painful, I hate endings! Why must Disney trips end?! But I guess that's what makes it so special.. I'm happy you enjoyed and thank you again for your comments :)
Awesome report. Great stuff.

Thank you! And I love your username haha!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip with us!

Thank you for reading! I hope the wonderfulness of it all truly came out over the screen! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Great report! One that every adult should read to find out how to let their inner child come out and have a blast in the most Magical Place on Earth.

That is such a sweet comment! Thank you so much :)

So sad your trip is over... like, I knew the end was coming and I got a sad feeling in my stomach :cry:.
It's odd to me you say its unacceptable for twenty-something's to not throw temper tantrums... I do all the time... maybe that's why people looks at me weird..:facepalm:.hmmm... kidding... But thank you for letting us tag along on your trip! So fun!!

I'm glad you followed along! I have a sad feeling in my stomach too! Not only is my trip over, but so is my trip report where I got to relive my memories by writing about them! Guess I will have to go to page one and start reading.. let's hope I don't cry haha

Not going to lie but I miiiiight have just teared up at the end of this report :(

I'm SO glad you had a great cruise! It seems like just yesterday we were chatting back and forth about it and now it's over and you've finished your TR :(

Was the liquor store you used to have your alcohol delivered Cape Canaveral Liquors by any chance?

It does seem like just yesterday we were messaging about it! I was so nervous! And now I want to go back. NOW! haha.. and yes, it was cape canaveral liquors! We ordered about a week in advance and they came right to the port in a big white van! It was pretty crazy lol but our only other option was to walk somewhere or buy a ton of liquor at our resort so we figured this would be the best bet!

^^ Me too! I am a bawling wuss. I probably miss your vacation more than you at this point!!! :cry: It was totally obvious that you two had a blast, and you definitely make others want and hope for that same fun-loving and free-wheeling Disney experience. Your trips seem to be all that one would hope them to be, which makes you the greatest Disney Ambassador out there as you are fantastic at spreading that Disney magic and ideal.

I hope you get your wish and get to plan an Alaskan cruise very soon!! Otherwise, keep your eyes open for last minute deals on those Dream 4-night cruises! Maybe you will get lucky and be able to squeeze something in?!

You gave me goosebumps! Thanks for being so nice! I love Disney so much, I can't even express how much happiness it brings me! I'm glad this showed through a bit in my report. Thanks for reading, and I will be checking for deals all the time! I am in the process of moving but hopefully by late winter I can really start looking into another trip! I must go back!

Noooo! So sad your trip is over. Truly was enjoyable to read. You girls look like a blast! Hopefully you can go another trip soon. Thanks for sharing!

We had soooo much fun! I hope I get to go back soon too! LOL.. cross your fingers for me :) Thanks for reading!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
What a great report! I have tried, with no luck so far, to convince my hubby to do a Disney cruise. He keeps saying "some day". ;-) He LOVES the parks, and so do I, but there is just something romantic and relaxing about a cruise. Maybe your TR will convince him to take me NOW! HAHAH

TELL HIM TO DO IT!!! Try a land and sea vacation, it's the perfect mix of both! I don't think anyone will dislike a Disney cruise.. you must convince him! Show him Castaway Cay pictures.. HAHA

I'm so sad that your trip report is over :( thank you for sharing your contagious love for all things Disney!

Thank you for reading and for always writing such sweet comments! I am glad you enjoyed and I love your avatar picture!! :)

I just finished your tr. What an amazing trip you had. Your trip report was awesome! I hope you can go back soon!

Me too!! I want to go back right now! PLEASE!!! Thanks for following along on my adventures!

Thanks for a great report!!

Thank you for reading :)

PolynesianPrincess

It does seem like just yesterday we were messaging about it! I was so nervous! And now I want to go back. NOW! haha.. and yes, it was cape canaveral liquors! We ordered about a week in advance and they came right to the port in a big white van! It was pretty crazy lol but our only other option was to walk somewhere or buy a ton of liquor at our resort so we figured this would be the best bet!

Perfect! We LOVE a champagne that you can order on the ship,. but we don't love the $62 a bottle price tag! :eek: So I have been messaging with Cape Canaveral Liquors because their website says they special order stuff and they don't carry this champagne but will order it for us for $44 a bottle! Definitely a huge savings compared to buying onboard the ship! The site says they deliver so I thought that was probably who you used, too! :)

Zipadeelady

OMG OUTLANDER! I am currently on the 5th book and don't know how I am going to survive until April! I have been obsessively looking at pictures of Sam Heughan, he is the perfect Jamie in my eyes! How are you like the Starz series?!

Thanks for reading my report :) Now I have no Disney writing, and no Outlander.. what's a girl to do?!

Sam Does make a good Jamie. I wasn't sure at first, I was expecting someone very tall but he has really grown on me. I think they're doing a good job on the series. I've noticed little subtle thing that are in the books. I don't even mind the things that aren't in the books like Frank trying to find Claire. It just adds to the story for me. I still can't believe we have to wait until April!! :(

Mom@disney

You are welcome! Thanks for the compliment on my avatar as well...I have a tattoo very similar to it.
How do you pass the time to help with the Disney blues? I end up plating Disney parks music while I work.

SSH

"Why must Disney trips end?!" Think about it this way: every time a Disney trip ends, it's really just the beginning of your new Disney adventure to come. As long as you have something to look forward to, the magic doesn't end. That always made me feel better about the end of any vacation...that it gives me the fun and pleasure of planning the next one....even if all you can do right now is dream about what you'll want to revisit and the new experiences you'll want to add...versus actually locking down dates and reservations.

Your TRs were a joy to read..and this is coming from someone who really knows every inch of these parks...you made me feel like I was seeing and hearing about it in fresh new ways. I've already re-read 2013's TR twice and will probably go back to the start of this one in a couple of weeks. Thank you.

I grew up in FL and lost count of Disney trips...has to be 50+. My husband proposed to me there (on the skyride during nighttime fireworks- I loved that attraction!); we were married there and visited almost every holiday season until a couple of years ago when life got in the way. But we'll be back for our 20th anniv this Dec.

You of all people HAVE to see this place during the holidays. It doesn't have to be a costly trip: there are flight specials in mid Nov/early Dec between peak holiday periods and value resorts are discounted that time of year.

I NEED to read a holiday TR from you!!!:) I think we'd all love to see your reaction to how these parks are transformed. Pics don't do it justice. The candlelight procession is incredibly moving. And GF, WL and other resorts are beautiful beyond words. (We stay at value resorts to save money, but always tour the others.)

:) C'mon...isn't your Mickey Character photo collection woefully incomplete without a SANTA MICKEY?

coachwnh

Great report! Loved your pictures and videos. You two had a great time. Im glad I was able to follow along. I hope you get there again soon. Again, thanks for sharing. It was a fun read.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Sam Does make a good Jamie. I wasn't sure at first, I was expecting someone very tall but he has really grown on me. I think they're doing a good job on the series. I've noticed little subtle thing that are in the books. I don't even mind the things that aren't in the books like Frank trying to find Claire. It just adds to the story for me. I still can't believe we have to wait until April!! :(

Omg I know I don't think I'm going to make it!! I am currently on book five.. So I kind of forget the details of book one but I love the justice the show is doing it!! And the additions are great! I didn't wanna like frank but I feel for him! Ugh!! Haha

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You are welcome! Thanks for the compliment on my avatar as well...I have a tattoo very similar to it.
How do you pass the time to help with the Disney blues? I end up plating Disney parks music while I work.

I look at this website, follow disney accounts on Instagram to check out photos, and listen to disney music on my iPod at the gym haha! I also watch the see us reel soon YouTube channel, they put out a new video every Wednesday about their disney adventures!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Great report! Loved your pictures and videos. You two had a great time. Im glad I was able to follow along. I hope you get there again soon. Again, thanks for sharing. It was a fun read.

Thank you!! I hope I return in one way or another, either a park trip or a cruise.. I won't be picky! Haha

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Princess Nicole~ you are a great writer! You manage to pull a lot of emotions out of me, and you do it without being too wordy. I hope you always hold on to your optimism and love of all things Disney....Stay gold!!

Aww shucks you made me blush!! I think I will love disney until the day I die. I also freak out about them adding new attractions after I'm deceased, and it makes me feel so upset! This is definitely not normal lol! I hope my ghost can even go to disney :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
"Why must Disney trips end?!" Think about it this way: every time a Disney trip ends, it's really just the beginning of your new Disney adventure to come. As long as you have something to look forward to, the magic doesn't end. That always made me feel better about the end of any vacation...that it gives me the fun and pleasure of planning the next one....even if all you can do right now is dream about what you'll want to revisit and the new experiences you'll want to add...versus actually locking down dates and reservations.

Your TRs were a joy to read..and this is coming from someone who really knows every inch of these parks...you made me feel like I was seeing and hearing about it in fresh new ways. I've already re-read 2013's TR twice and will probably go back to the start of this one in a couple of weeks. Thank you.

I grew up in FL and lost count of Disney trips...has to be 50+. My husband proposed to me there (on the skyride during nighttime fireworks- I loved that attraction!); we were married there and visited almost every holiday season until a couple of years ago when life got in the way. But we'll be back for our 20th anniv this Dec.

You of all people HAVE to see this place during the holidays. It doesn't have to be a costly trip: there are flight specials in mid Nov/early Dec between peak holiday periods and value resorts are discounted that time of year.

I NEED to read a holiday TR from you!!!:) I think we'd all love to see your reaction to how these parks are transformed. Pics don't do it justice. The candlelight procession is incredibly moving. And GF, WL and other resorts are beautiful beyond words. (We stay at value resorts to save money, but always tour the others.)

:) C'mon...isn't your Mickey Character photo collection woefully incomplete without a SANTA MICKEY?

I thank you so much for your reply!! I would love to go during the holidays and vow one day I will get there! The magic of the season mixed with the magic of disney just makes me want to burst! I can't imagine experiencing it first hand.. Im an emotional wreck just thinking about it! Thanks for you tips and I will try my hardest to meet Santa mickey sometime in the near future!

Thank you for reading my reports, I wish way back in 2005 I wrote a trip report, because the first visit honestly blew me away. Each time I go to disney, I experience something new, or have an interaction unlike any other, and it just makes each trip unique and special. There's no comparing them. I am so jealous of your trip count! Hopefully that is me one day because the feelings you experience at disney are the best feelings of life! Happiness, awe, wonder, childhood, joy, tears, amazement.. It doesn't get any better.

:)

I have stalked these boards for a while and have completely enjoyed your trip reports (pictures and commentary). You make me smile! I have finally joined the boards to be able to comment and maybe write my own someday. Thanks for the smiles and laughs (and food pictures to drool over)!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom