Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Just finished reading your trip report! You have a serious talent for conveying the magic of Disney! I would like to be the third musketeer with you and your friend! Counting down to my next trip, and my first trip report! 130 days and counting!

Thanks so much for your kind words :) :) You made me blush.. and I want to join you on your trip! I'll call my friend right now and tell her 130 days LOL.. can't wait to read your report.. these are the only things getting my through my Disney depression.

Alexis

You guys look like you had such a great time! I was having fun watching you too! & by the way, I couldn't help but laugh at some of your poses and funny faces! Probably one of my favorite trip reports! :)
Love this!

Thanks for posting! :)

sheriffwoody

Just read through this after seeing it bumped up on the forum. Loved it! I looked to see if we could tack on a cruise at the end of our sept/oct trip, but alas, no departures for our checkout date. Next time! Thanks for sharing all of your enthusiasm. I hope you get to go back soon!

Also,
This drink was alright.. I wish I had tried the Typsy Ducks in Love instead, but when I read that it had bourbon in it I was scared! I've never tried bourbon before...That sounds like something my grandpa would drink! So I settled for this:

Bourbon is good! I am not a liquor fan, except for bourbon, and I'm 27. It doesn't have to be an old man drink! Try an old fashioned sometime :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You guys look like you had such a great time! I was having fun watching you too! & by the way, I couldn't help but laugh at some of your poses and funny faces! Probably one of my favorite trip reports! :)
Love this!

Thanks for posting! :)

We had such an amazing trip! I still giggle when I bring back the memories, or look at the pictures in this report. It's something I am sure I will recall for the rest of my life.. and honestly there's no better memories than Disney memories.

This was such a joy to read! You and your friend are awesome!

Thank you!! You made me blush :)

Just read through this after seeing it bumped up on the forum. Loved it! I looked to see if we could tack on a cruise at the end of our sept/oct trip, but alas, no departures for our checkout date. Next time! Thanks for sharing all of your enthusiasm. I hope you get to go back soon!

Also,

Bourbon is good! I am not a liquor fan, except for bourbon, and I'm 27. It doesn't have to be an old man drink! Try an old fashioned sometime :)

Thank you for the tip.. next time I am at the bar I will be adventurous! And try the typsy ducks in love for me.. let me know how it is! So jealous of your trip countdown! It will be here before you know it :)

ColoradoEquestrian

Thank you!! You made me blush :)

The whole trip report reminded me so much of my first trip to WDW -- went with my best friend when we were teens. Stayed for a few days to tour the parks, then went on the Disney cruise! Seeing your pictures took me right back. We're even a brunette/blonde duo, too! Wishing you two a lifetime of adventures and laughs together. Thanks again for sharing the fun! :D

Alexis

We had such an amazing trip! I still giggle when I bring back the memories, or look at the pictures in this report. It's something I am sure I will recall for the rest of my life.. and honestly there's no better memories than Disney memories.

You remind me of me! Lookin like your in your 20's still having a blast at Disney like a kid! :) NO SHAME here! Haha! I love it! I usually visit annually, but sometimes it's not enough. Last time I made a trip there, we went to MK, then I went to see One Direction perform for the today show in Nov. Hope you two go back soon! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
The whole trip report reminded me so much of my first trip to WDW -- went with my best friend when we were teens. Stayed for a few days to tour the parks, then went on the Disney cruise! Seeing your pictures took me right back. We're even a brunette/blonde duo, too! Wishing you two a lifetime of adventures and laughs together. Thanks again for sharing the fun! :D

Thank you so much! Just read your post :happy: Glad I could help you reminisce!!

briannarebelo

I'm a bit late, seeing as this was almost a year ago, but I just loved reading this trip report (I did so over the last couple hours... I really need to get to WDW soon)! I loved that you included both the parks and the cruise in your trip, it sounds like something I'd love to do one of these days! :) I'm really considering doing a trip report next trip I take down there as well. I've never done one before! I've read trip reports on this site for SO long (since middle school, at the latest, and I'm now 20 years old) and I only made my account several hours ago. I wish I had thought of this sooner and wrote a report based on my trip this past January! Maybe next time (hopefully soon)! Keep on being you and writing these awesome trip reports! :happy:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I'm a bit late, seeing as this was almost a year ago, but I just loved reading this trip report (I did so over the last couple hours... I really need to get to WDW soon)! I loved that you included both the parks and the cruise in your trip, it sounds like something I'd love to do one of these days! :) I'm really considering doing a trip report next trip I take down there as well. I've never done one before! I've read trip reports on this site for SO long (since middle school, at the latest, and I'm now 20 years old) and I only made my account several hours ago. I wish I had thought of this sooner and wrote a report based on my trip this past January! Maybe next time (hopefully soon)! Keep on being you and writing these awesome trip reports! :happy:

Definitely do a trip report! It helps you to relive your memories, when writing, and re reading. It's a way to preserve your trip forever. Memories just sometimes don't suffice! Thank you so much for reading.. Disney does bring out my "inner child."

When people see my Disney pics from vacation, they always say I'm a full grown child. Hey, maybe they are right. :)

Thanks again for commenting.. can't believe it's almost been a year already! :( :(

briannarebelo

That's my favorite part about Disney! Somehow, even though a lot of people think it's a park for kids, I love it more and more with every trip! No matter how old I get, I still get excited about Disney! I love that everyone on the forums actually gets that! Half the people I know think I'm crazy, but you guys understand! :D

Aw! I hope you get to go and have a blast again soon! It's always worth the wait! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom