Why don't they just close the whole park while there at it?

BigTxEars

Disney isn't closing it based on the info mentioned on the News and Rumors forum. What is going on is some one of this thread is giving false information out. Disney actually is spending money in the park for replacing stuff.

I never believed it was closing, my point is that if it ever did they are not going to post it on a employee website as "breaking news" it will be in the normal media stream well before that. The investment world (select groups anyways) would hear of it first, then the general public then the CMs with the last two very close together in timing.

BigTxEars

If you look at the 2nd post on this thread, the individual makes the assertion that Disney is closing Hollywood Studios. And then states where he acquired the info - from the internal Disney employee website. However, Tex is probably correct, I cannot see a major corporation like Disney putting such information on an employee website which can be screen shot and sent all over the internet. At least not until 24 hours before the official announcement. But given the current state of the park and recent announcements about attractions closing, I can see this getting traction. Other than the announcements about Frozen-related attractions, I don't believe Disney has addressed what may be going in these vacant or soon to be vacant spaces.

It is a "empty" park in many ways. But it has a ton of potential still :)

What would be interesting (and very controversial) was if they closed it to refurb and expand the entire park. I know they never would but if they closed it for 12-18 months and reopened that would be sweet!

Well as long as I was not going during those 12-18 months :(

TB4244

Surely they won't close a whole park? There's construction going on all over the property but at no time, no matter how bad, the place itself isn't closed, I mean look at the state of the Poly right now - that must be like staying at Els Bels?

I know it's most people's opinion that it's a half day park and it needs a major overhaul, but....

Noooooo

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It is a "empty" park in many ways. But it has a ton of potential still :)

What would be interesting (and very controversial) was if they closed it to refurb and expand the entire park. I know they never would but if they closed it for 12-18 months and reopened that would be sweet!

Well as long as I was not going during those 12-18 months :(

If closing it would make a total redo more efficient (think how long it took for the new Fantasyland expansion), then I'm for it. However, giving up Star Tours for 18 months would be brutal and cruel... :cry:

BigTxEars

If closing it would make a total redo more efficient (think how long it took for the new Fantasyland expansion), then I'm for it. However, giving up Star Tours for 18 months would be brutal and cruel... :cry:

Agree. It would be a bad 12 to 18 months. But a "new" DHS would be great as you walked thru the gates the first time. Now I can not see them taking the loss of revenue, and I can't blame them but it's a nice dream.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Agree. It would be a bad 12 to 18 months. But a "new" DHS would be great as you walked thru the gates the first time. Now I can not see them taking the loss of revenue, and I can't blame them but it's a nice dream.

But think, if it weren't for Frozen Summer, what would the attendance have been this summer? Especially with the announced closings? When I can ride Star Tours four times in a row - none were fast passes - with only a 10 minute standby time each ride - you know what 10 minutes means, the time it takes you to walk from the entrance to go stand in line - what does that tell you? And it was Labor Day weekend, to boot.

The first time I went to WDW by myself, the ONLY ride I did the entire time was Star Tours - and as many times as I could before the standby time got over 30 minutes.

BigTxEars

But think, if it weren't for Frozen Summer, what would the attendance have been this summer? Especially with the announced closings? When I can ride Star Tours four times in a row - none were fast passes - with only a 10 minute standby time each ride - you know what 10 minutes means, the time it takes you to walk from the entrance to go stand in line - what does that tell you? And it was Labor Day weekend, to boot.

The first time I went to WDW by myself, the ONLY ride I did the entire time was Star Tours - and as many times as I could before the standby time got over 30 minutes.

True. I think what a lot of people would like is a huge SW addition to the park. It would equal Potter in draw appeal I think. I am not a huge SW fans myself, more of a DS9 guy :) But a SW "land" would be awesome.

FutureCEO

MGM should close and then close Epcot to make that park better too

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I honestly think they should have put all these great ideas before the Fantasyland Expansion, they didn't need that to raise crowds, the other parks needed it more then anything, there the parks they need to work harder to keep guests.

Bairstow

Surely they won't close a whole park? There's construction going on all over the property but at no time, no matter how bad, the place itself isn't closed, I mean look at the state of the Poly right now - that must be like staying at Els Bels?

I know it's most people's opinion that it's a half day park and it needs a major overhaul, but....

Noooooo

Yeah, unconvincing rumor is unconvincing.
If they didn't close California Adventure, where they basically rebuilt the entire park except Condor Flats and Grizzly Peak, they're not going to close the Studios.

On the other hand, if Disney wanted to be fair, they could close all of DHS except for Sunset Boulevard and charge half price for admission.
That's the only area of the park that's up to the Disney standard.
...not trying to start a rumor, just sayin'.

FutureCEO

I hear what youre saying but if those rides sucked people wouldn't wait like they do.

those rides are some of the best rides of all the parks however, the parks need more. Actually all of the parks do except the MK. And please can we drop a bomb on Chester and and Hester Dinoland?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom