2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

hpyhnt 1000

^For the most part, it does appear so. Some minor changes were made, and this year's design sports a deeper, richer color pallete, but yes its largely just recycled stuff.

Also, is there a cranberry bog at this year's festival or has that been cut as well?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
and as a F&W virgin...
how is it during rainy season,will all the offerings still be on?

will illuminations still play if its raining?(i would think not)
Yes it all runs in the rain. The only think that will stop illuminations is severe weather that prevents them from deploying the barges, which is extremely rare.

TheRabbit

and as a F&W virgin...

Yes, Illuminations (as well as all fireworks shows at Disney) goes on if it is raining. It costs them more to NOT shoot them off than shoot them -->straight from a fireworks technician.

Texas84

and as a F&W virgin...

If you mean the festival booths, they stay open. One year I had a nice Australian lamb chop drenched in Florida rain water. Tasty.

Rider

I'm At F&W right now. Confirmed they are only selling the small sample size beers. No more souvenir mugs but they are selling souvenir wine glasses now. Wine serving size remains the same.

The Chase lounge is open to all Chase card holders but the concert and fireworks wristbands are only for people with the Disney Chase card.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just seen on twitter that they are giving out wrist bands for illuminations in the chase lounge.
Talk about good timing lol

I was in the lounge on Friday but didn't know about this. Here is a picture inside the sitting area of the lounge. There was another room where they had free tea, coffee and Coke Freestyle machines. Also note that this is for any Chase card holder, not just Disney Chase.

DSC00416.jpg

PeterMarcus

I went yesterday, and the changes they made this year were kind of odd. 6oz beers only, while last year some had choices between 6, 12, and 20oz. In France, there was a crumbly pastry shell around all three escargot instead of the three individual breads/buns in years past. Lobster Alfredo in the American section instead of the lobster roll. No spare ribs in Korea. No fruishi in Japan. I wonder if any of it has to do with pricing -- I think the lobster roll last year was 7.50 or 7.75, but the lobster Alfredo this year is 6.50, I think, and the beer prices with the 6oz pours seem less when you look at the menu boards. It was a little less sticker shock this year, at least in appearances. Other than the escargot pastry (which seemed a little gritty to me -- I miss the bread), the food was tasty and cooked nicely.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I was in the lounge on Friday but didn't know about this. Here is a picture inside the sitting area of the lounge. There was another room where they had free tea, coffee and Coke Freestyle machines. Also note that this is for any Chase card holder, not just Disney Chase.

View attachment 66445
It was posted by The Dis, that they were giving out bands, but it was around 11am-12pm when that they posted that.
So if it is as limited as what I've heard, they were probably gone early in the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom