Diagon Alley reviews thread

SJN1279

I'm not trusting apps. I'm trusting my eyes. I was in the park just today. 60 min wait for FJ, Spidey, Hulk, 70 min wait for JP, hour+ for Despicable Me, Transformers was 45+, Gringotts was at 180...

Parks have been the opposite of "dead."

An hour for Despicable Me is actually pretty light.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
No busier than a regular summer day outside of Diagon.

...which is pretty busy. The argument was that the park was "dead", but it is/was clearly not.

You have the numbers to back that up? No?

Okay.
Either way, if they're able to maintain their regular numbers, PLUS have a solid crowd at a high-capacity expansion (with a three hour line for one ride), that's pretty impressive. I was expecting this Summer to be crowded Potter, ghost town everything else. Clearly that's not the case.

SJN1279

If Universal can't pass any Disney park attendance with Diagon Alley, they aren't going to do it with Kong, Star Trek, Willie Wonka, or a Jurassic Park merry go round.

It looks like Frozen was the Potter neutralizer this summer for Disney.

Disneyhead'71

What am I making up?
Frozen is Disney's Potter neutralizer? And I am absolutely positive that you have no inside source to Universal's numbers. Yep. You are pretty much making it all up as you go.

My insiders are telling me that the numbers were up before DA opened and their profits for the quarter support that claim. Since DA opened the place has been very busy.

I suspect that 2015 is the year that one of the UOR parks will surpass at least one of WDW's.

Tony Perkis

Frozen is Disney's Potter neutralizer? And I am absolutely positive that you have no inside source to Universal's numbers. Yep. You are pretty much making it all up as you go.

My insiders are telling me that the numbers were up before DA opened and their profits for the quarter support that claim. Since DA opened the place has been very busy.

I suspect that 2015 is the year that one of the UOR parks will surpass at least one of WDW's.
How anyone can fathom that a cheap, hastily out together Frozen show and meet-and-greet would be an international draw like DA is beyond me.

JT3000

If Universal can't pass any Disney park attendance with Diagon Alley, they aren't going to do it with Kong, Star Trek, Willie Wonka, or a Jurassic Park merry go round.

It looks like Frozen was the Potter neutralizer this summer for Disney.

Miss-Cleo.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom