Diagon Alley reviews thread

JT3000

I don't know why we assume Disney was ever in on Potter.

It isn't so much an assumption as it is a commonly accepted claim from various insiders. As the story goes, Disney was actively involved in negotiations for Potter but, unlike Universal, they refused to accept Rowling's input or give her final say on everything like she wanted, which lead to her turning them down. Disney was supposedly the first to come calling, so they in essence lost the rights to Universal.

Last edited:

seahawk7

It isn't so much an assumption as it is a commonly accepted claim from various insiders. As the story goes, Disney was actively involved in negotiations for Potter but, unlike Universal, they refused to accept Rowling's input or give her final say on everything like she wanted, which lead to her turning them down. Disney was supposedly the first to come calling, so they in essence lost the rights to Universal.
Reading this, I can't help but be reminded of the movie Saving Mr. Banks. Good for her.

danpam1024

Does anyone know if the souvenir mug (for beer) in DA is the same as the one in Hogsmead?
Hogs-Head-Ale.jpg

JoeCamel

When I asked on Thursday the TMs refused to tell how many cars they had on track but it seemed to be running much faster. Seems they are getting the kinks worked out.

KJC

Now that Spirit has said the same thing you've been arguing here - lacklustre UNI attendance - will he receive the same treatment you got, being called names, put on ignore with much public spectacle, posts reported? :cool:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-spirited-seventh-heaven.884731/page-628#post-6250273

All Spirit said was that the Power Pass blockout dates were lifted two weeks early. FYI, Universal did the same exact thing last summer while enjoying a 25% attendance bump at USF. All reports are that attendance is up significantly this summer.

Note, however, that Spirit reported a fact. He didn't create any. This is why Spirit has credibility where a few select others do not. Trying to create a false equivalency about how posters are reacted to that single out one observation, rather than look at their body of work, is silly.

Timekeeper

Just for fun:

Inside Harry Potter World’s New Diagon Alley

760.jpg

Harry Potter fans lined up at Universal Studios Orlando today for the opening of Diagon Alley, the highly anticipated expansion to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park, which features new rides, restaurants, and shops based on the fictional street. Here are some highlights of the new area:
  • Daily Prophet publishing office allows curious children to hold real-life versions of print newspapers described in the books
  • Sorting Hat that tells everyone they’re in Gryffindor
  • Seamus Finnigan’s Basketball Free Throw Challenge
  • Food court employees instructed to call french fries “potato wands”
  • A place just to sit and rest your feet for a second
  • Numerous opportunities for children to experience the magic of waiting in line for three hours
  • Enchanted bathrooms outfitted with haunted toilets that flush on their own
  • Animatronic Voldemort that is clearly a repurposed E.T.
  • Leaky Cauldron bartender who has two days to get the accent down or his is out on the street
  • Digital counter displaying J.K. Rowling’s net worth

Source: http://www.theonion.com/articles/inside-harry-potter-worlds-new-diagon-alley,36413/

Pixie VaVoom

Universal Express Pass is bad for customers. Disney Fast Pass is worse for customers.

I will say this for the Express Pass...it can be very useful. I used it in CA. I have only been to CA twice and I had a very limited amount of days to spend, I did several days Disney, Visited Hollywood, and had only 1 day left for Uni Hollywood. I bit the bullet and paid extra for the Express Pass and i got to ride and tour everything that my little heart desired in just that 1 day. I am a theater person and when I get a chance to see film and movie stuff - I REFUSE to be rushed. (I almost lost my mind when I saw Edith Head's costume studio. i got to see a display of some of her work also...deee - vine !!) That really did make the day for me - not having to spend my few precious hours waiting in lines.

Mike S

Couple of things I noticed yesterday. The large top-hat figure in the window of Weasleys' shop wasn't lifting his hat. It's a great kinetic bit when it's working, so I hope they get it working again. The queuing setup outside of the Weasleys' shop has also been taken down. Makes the area look a little more realistic.
Over my multiple trips to Diagon Alley it's been off and on. This recent time however is the first time the tea pot wasn't spewing steam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom