Diagon Alley reviews thread

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
If it wasn't Disney's park hopper options, US and IOA would most definitely surpass DHS and DAK in attendance. And WDW's attendance numbers, in this day, are NOT a reflection of quality, but on past reputation and WDW being viewed as a "staple" vacation that all families must take on at least once.

SJN1279

Frozen is Disney's Potter neutralizer? And I am absolutely positive that you have no inside source to Universal's numbers. Yep. You are pretty much making it all up as you go.

My insiders are telling me that the numbers were up before DA opened and their profits for the quarter support that claim. Since DA opened the place has been very busy.

I suspect that 2015 is the year that one of the UOR parks will surpass at least one of WDW's.

Planes had a better chance of beating How To Train Your Dragon.....

Tony Perkis

Planes had a better chance of beating How To Train Your Dragon.....
Planes 2 is $360 million worldwide behind HTTYD, so.....

tumblr_mp2xz6lh6X1s8njeuo1_400.gif

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Universal is a strong #2 to Disney, and that is where they shall stay for the forseeable future.
Oh noes! Who cares? I'll continue to root for the one that is actually trying vs. the one that knows it doesn't have to do anything like maintain its attractions or provide fresh and exciting offerings.

Universal vs. WDW today reminds me of a classic Simpsons episode where Lisa creates a better doll for girls that is a positive roll model compared to the popular "Malibu Stacy" doll, a parody of Barbie. In the end, all Malibu Stacy had to do to keep the raving fans is slap a new hat on the existing doll.

Tony Perkis

Oh noes! Who cares? I'll continue to root for the one that is actually trying vs. the one that knows it doesn't have to do anything like maintain its attractions or provide fresh and exciting offerings.

Universal vs. WDW today reminds me of a classic Simpsons episode where Lisa creates a better doll for girls that is a positive roll model compared to the popular "Malibu Stacy" doll, a parody of Barbie. In the end, all Malibu Stacy had to do to keep the raving fans is slap a new hat on the existing doll.

This is the most perfect example ever.

Disneyhead'71

Universal is a strong #2 to Disney, and that is where they shall stay for the forseeable future.
Did you learn these cipherin' skills in college? Not one person has said that Universal will overtake WDW. There is a strong possibility that some of the Universal Parks may surpass some of the Disney Parks attendance-wise in the near future.

As it stands right now, I don't know a single person in their right mind that would say that Disney Hollywood Studios is a stronger park than Universal Studios Florida.

SJN1279

Did you learn these cipherin' skills in college? Not one person has said that Universal will overtake WDW. There is a strong possibility that some of the Universal Parks may surpass some of the Disney Parks attendance-wise in the near future.

As it stands right now, I don't know a single person in their right mind that would say that Disney Hollywood Studios is a stronger park than Universal Studios Florida.

I think any which park is better discussion is always up for debate and preference.

manutdfan1

Honestly, as someone that is going to Universal for 4 days in a week, if the crowds are down, I'm not complaining. But that's just me.

But also as overall fan of theme parks, I really want Diagon Alley to be a smashing success for Universal. And I think it is and will be.

RobUK

Just out of interest, once all the hype has dissipated and everything's calmed down, how long do people think Diagon Alley will take to 'do'? I.e. a few hours, half a day, a whole day?

seahawk7

If Universal can't pass any Disney park attendance with Diagon Alley, they aren't going to do it with Kong, Star Trek, Willie Wonka, or a Jurassic Park merry go round.

It looks like Frozen was the Potter neutralizer this summer for Disney.
Willy Wonka is coming to Universal?! I'm excited about Kong but Willy Wonka :inlove: @TubaGeek is going to have to come up with a definition for Universal Magic or something. Talk about nostalgia.

seahawk7

If it wasn't Disney's park hopper options, US and IOA would most definitely surpass DHS and DAK in attendance. And WDW's attendance numbers, in this day, are NOT a reflection of quality, but on past reputation and WDW being viewed as a "staple" vacation that all families must take on at least once.
I agree here as a lifelong Disney gal. We go to WDW every summer and accept the state of the parks because we love being in the parks. We have looked past a lot but this year my eyes started to open. Will I continue to go to WDW and DL? Yes. But we also go to Universal now too. This is something I wouldn't have done in the past but if Universal is building for the general public and improving the general public's quality of entertainment while TDO is doing otherwise (see other threads) my vacation itineraries might change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom