What's the big deal about Port Orleans?

Kristamouse

It was very pretty and the pool was cute. Our problems started with check in and our paid for Alligator Bayou Room not being availble. Then being placed on the top level middle of the floor mansion room, close to nothing. We had four kids under 7 at the time and the walk from the car to the room was insane! We also had a real dust issue, so much so when we showed pictures to the front desk they compiled 2 nights. It ended up being a cheaper trip because they gave us our money back and a night or the Alligator Bayu situation and then another 2 night for the gross dust/dirt. If I had a small family (we now have 5 children) and they were old enough to not fall asleep on the transport home I would stay again. Just DH and I perhaps if a good deal was to be had.
I have famliy and friends who have also stayed there and felt the same way. Very long walks around resort and very long walks from bus.

Scott10

I guess many times it's the luck of the draw. This year we were in a room that was a very short walk to the bus stop. However, the walk from our room to the quick service restaurant was roughly 7-8 minutes, which doesn't seem too long until you stop and think about how often you randomly go for that long of a walk when you are at home. The funny thing is that we didn't even notice the length of the walk until the last day when I videoed from registration to our room to show my extended family how beautiful the grounds are when we got home!

BrerJon

I agree; Disney needs more moderates. I also wish they had something in between values and moderates. Like similar room size to the value, no TS restaurant, but with the better theming and a better pool area, and less costly than a value. My friend and I are college students and, with help from our parents, stayed at Pop Century. If there were an option with a nicer pool area (with a water slide and hot tub) that cost slightly more (like $110-$130 per night with the AP discount instead of $80-$100 a night at Pop, again, with an AP discount) we would have done it. But we weren't going to pay $150-$180 for a moderate.

Sounds like you'd love Universal's Cabana Bay Resort, which is pretty much identical to what you describe.

StarWarsGirl

Sounds like you'd love Universal's Cabana Bay Resort, which is pretty much identical to what you describe.
For two college students, yeah probably. Unfortunately when we looked into doing Universal, we found out that at least one of us had to be 21 in order to stay there (we were both 18 and had no problem at WDW). And the silly thing is that if I go with my parents, they have to pay an extra adult fee for me to stay with them. :banghead: My parents have looked into doing it, but they prefer Hard Rock or Portofino. When we looked into it for our June trip (since we had the car, which is rare) it was so expensive, even if we were to stay at Cabana Bay, that we decided to do Disney for the entire time. No extra passes to buy, AP rate, no extra adult fee at the Villas.

PacNWTigger

I loved my stay at POFQ. The grounds are beautiful, and the rooms were just right. Also loved the boat ride to Downtown Disney. I walked to PORS from FQ along the river the first day I was there, and I wasn't impressed by RS. There is just a fun vibe at FQ.

Previously stayed at CB. That place was just too big, and you had to wait forever for the bus.

Going to be staying at The Dolphin next week for the first time...kinda leery about it not truly being a Disney resort, but we got a great deal on it from Costco. Has anybody had any recent issues with that property at all?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom