Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyque'

We were at DHS yesterday again. The lines for TMM were in fact on both sides of Pixar Place. Very orderly and efficient, the freezing rain was the biggest downside.
IMAG1849[1].jpg

I enjoyed seeing the progress on TSL from ToT. It looks great!

alias8703

We were at DHS yesterday again. The lines for TMM were in fact on both sides of Pixar Place. Very orderly and efficient, the freezing rain was the biggest downside. View attachment 254335

I enjoyed seeing the progress on TSL from ToT. It looks great!

We must mention the 2 young girls in PONCHOS and heavy jackets wearing SLIP ON SANDALS AND SOCKS! That big warm jacket ain't gonna do much if your feet are soaking wet! And top it off with a frappicino!

Disneyfan_76

My family and I are going in the first week of May. Are my chances good that toy story land will be in soft opening? How many weeks before official opening did Pandora start soft openings? My daughter is a big Toy Story Fan and hoping to be able to check out the new land, as nothing else is really open at the Studios to make it worth a visit.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My family and I are going in the first week of May. Are my chances good that toy story land will be in soft opening? How many weeks before official opening did Pandora start soft openings? My daughter is a big Toy Story Fan and hoping to be able to check out the new land, as nothing else is really open at the Studios to make it worth a visit.

Pandora didn't do general soft opening. All their soft openings were invite-only to CMs, DVCers, and APers. But they did start them about 5 weeks ahead of time (but not all day every day).

No insider has confirmed an opening date, but we're all presuming Memorial Day weekend as the official grand opening. What they do for soft opening hasn't been said by anyone. But at their rate of construction, guesses are anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks ahead of time for previews and soft openings.

But don't plan around it.

lazyboy97o

You can’t use other projects to judge soft openings. They are not consistently scheduled, so there is no rule of [x] number of weeks of soft openings.

Disneyfan_76

Ok, thanks for the advice. Will just have to hope that the land is open when we go. If not, we may skip the studios park this trip, or just do a park hopper for that day.

nickys

Premium Member
Pandora didn't do general soft opening. All their soft openings were invite-only to CMs, DVCers, and APers. But they did start them about 5 weeks ahead of time (but not all day every day).

No insider has confirmed an opening date, but we're all presuming Memorial Day weekend as the official grand opening. What they do for soft opening hasn't been said by anyone. But at their rate of construction, guesses are anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks ahead of time for previews and soft openings.

But don't plan around it.

They were pretty much all day every day weren't they? DVC was 10-12, then APs until at least 6 or 8 in 2 hr blocks. With occasional breaks for press/CMs etc.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They were pretty much all day every day weren't they? DVC was 10-12, then APs until at least 6 or 8 in 2 hr blocks. With occasional breaks for press/CMs etc.

They weren't that scheduled for the CMs and early press in the first two weeks, I think. Some of the days with APers were sorta curtailed with the land open but FoP not working.

Jones14

I can confirm that the third track was closed as of yesterday. They’re routing both Fastpass and Standby through the double doors that are opposite of where Mr. Potato Head used to be, and then through the actual Fastpass queue. Standby is walled and curtained off entirely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom