A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

AEfx

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
although it may have appeared as such, that was not an attack -

consider the following analogy:
you go into a room with Wolverine fans and proclaim that Wolverine doesn't really need his claws; now, regardless of whether or not you may have a point, odds are high you'll get laughed out the room, as many feel the claws are an integral part of his character.

and i make that coming from the perspective that the jedi way did not fail and kindly direct you toward the jedi code below...
when doing so, you can see luke obviously transgressed (lack of training?) when he rose his saber to kylo - which, is truly counter to the person previously established in three movies and adored by generations ........... not completely unheard of that he would digress so much, i guess, but i've already gone down that route from a production standpoint.

There is no Emotion, there is Peace.
There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge.
There is no Passion, there is Serenity.
There is no Chaos, there is Harmony.
There is no Death, there is the Force.

there are core tenants of of stoicism and buddhism in there and if you can fundamentally improve on those two schools of thought, i highly encourage you to go start a church and prep mantle space for your nobel prize.

listen, as i had alluded to previously, i'm just simply choosing to get off the star wars train, and have no ill-will, grudge, or lost respect for those continuing to ride - may the force be with you (but is there even anyone left in the galaxy that knows what that truly means anymore?... argh, sorry)
No hard feelings. Thanks for the response. I appreciate your thoughts and viewpoints on Star Wars.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's the first honest damn article I think I have read yet. It didn't acknowledge the problem I was talking about above and still pushes the "biggest movie market" narrative (it well may be, but I don't think it will be for Western films), but Forbes so often is doing such fluff pieces lately, it was refreshing.

Forbes has one guy addressing what's perceived as weakness...mainly concerned with box office...

And one writing patronizing, sarcastic puff pieces.

Practically everyday. The truth might be somewhere in the middle. But trying to say there's no issue is as stupid in mainstream print as it is on disney fan sites. People need to have more pride in their own brains...push them a little.

Cesar R M

TLJ is pretty much bombing in China.

Especially when you take into account how much they spent marketing it there and that it's showing on more screens than any other film.

It was obvious from the first midnight screenings that things weren't good - TLJ took in only $560K, versus TFA's $2.5M.

The news hasn't gotten better over the weekend, because as of right now, it's at about $8.2M - struggling to keep in second place, versus the #1 film (locally made "The Ex-File Part 3" - a romantic comedy) which has made almost double so far ($15.8M), despite playing on less screens.

Given that Jumanji is coming next week, and it has outperformed estimates everywhere it has opened, this is going to en up being pretty embarrassing, IMO, because it's just down from here. I've seen some start to pull out the old "Well, Star Wars isn't big in China because the original films weren't see there for many years..." etc. excuses, but TFA ended up pulling in $124M there, despite that. TLJ is going to struggle to bring in a 1/3 or even 1/4 of that when all is said and done.
What I'm surprised is how good COCO did in China.. o_O

HauntedMansionFLA

I believe it was @lentesta's joke for a Star Wars Land dining option... Uncle Owen's BBQ
I tried to convince my husband we should make Uncle Owen's BBQ Pit t-shirts, but he insists it would be in poor taste. Go figure.
D7C9DEB3-12D4-4829-890C-3798CC1EBCEF.png

smile

TLJ is pretty much bombing in China.

you can remove that 'pretty much' now...
"Despite its worldwide success ($1.2bn worldwide so far), it took $30.9 from its three-day opening weekend, half of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and about 70% of Rogue One"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom