A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

bclane

I'm here to join the Resistance against TLJ haters.
Lol! Right on man. I originally started posting in this thread because I was so stoked about how freaking amazing TLJ is and just wanted to geek out about it people. I was shocked to see how negative some people are. I feel bad for them. I mean, I really, honestly, truly wish it wasn't bringing so many people down. Thank God I love it and I can't wait to see where JJ takes this one and where Rian Johnson goes with his trilogy in a few years. It's a good time to be a geek!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol! Right on man. I originally started posting in this thread because I was so stoked about how freaking amazing TLJ is and just wanted to geek out about it people. I was shocked to see how negative some people are. I feel bad for them. I mean, I really, honestly, truly wish it wasn't bringing so many people down. Thank God I love it and I can't wait to see where JJ takes this one and where Rian Johnson goes with his trilogy in a few years. It's a good time to be a geek!

I think eventually we'll agree on many topics...we obviously don't here. Maybe even other Star Wars subjects...I can always tell.

Advice: stop doling out sympathy to critics of this movie. We all saw it and there are differing opinions...that much is obvious.

But this "I feel bad for you..." really just looks like you're trying to convince yourself how "great" it is...like buttering your own bread and then eating it.

I know you feel bad for me...but the good thing is that I have tissues and I'll make it through the night, big guy...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know you were kidding, but I would imagine we'll see them again in the Obi-Wan movie that they are toying with...if it happens.

If they dun Akbar like that...and aunt beru makes it to 3 movies spanning 50 years...

I'll be at the front of the mob storming the presidio with a pitchfork

bclane

I think eventually we'll agree on many topics...we obviously don't here. Maybe even other Star Wars subjects...I can always tell.

Advice: stop doling out sympathy to critics of this movie. We all saw it and there are differing opinions...that much is obvious.

But this "I feel bad for you..." really just looks like you're trying to convince yourself how "great" it is...like buttering your own bread and then eating it.

I know you feel bad for me...but the good thing is that I have tissues and I'll make it through the night, big guy...
My feelings of sympathy for people isn't me trying to convince myself of anything or me being patronizing or something. It's legit. Some posters here and in other forums I read have come across as legitimately distraught over this and it reminds me of my brother who was practically suicidal after seeing TPM. It REALLY had an impact on him and he went into a bit of a depressive spell for a while afterwards. It was like his childhood was ruined for real. Maybe you just don't know a lot of people who sympathize with how not liking a Star Wars movie can affect a person. I've lived it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My feelings of sympathy for people isn't me trying to convince myself of anything or me being patronizing or something. It's legit. Some posters here and in other forums I read have come across as legitimately distraught over this and it reminds me of my brother who was practically suicidal after seeing TPM. It REALLY had an impact on him and he went into a bit of a depressive spell for a while afterwards. It was like his childhood was ruined for real. Maybe you just don't know a lot of people who sympathize with how not liking a Star Wars movie can affect a person. I've lived it.

Oh dear...I'm a lifelong fan/promoter of the OT...and I'll admit I did shriek in mental pain a tad at 2 in the morning on a putrid, rainy night in May of 1999 outside a carmike cinema in state college, pa...guilty as charged...

But I think "distraught" is a tad much. Look...disney is following their own agenda with Star Wars and basically eroding the pilings more like Lucas did. It's their prerogative...they've killed off two of the greatest heroes of American pop culture...and the other appears legally dead before Abrams wheeled her onto the set.

It happens...we can move on. I'll check back with you in 5 years and see how much you "love it" then. I bid you adieu...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom